KRK Rokit or Presonus Eris E5?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 09-21-2016, 08:19 AM   #1
QrQ
Analog Lurker
QrQ is just really niceQrQ is just really niceQrQ is just really niceQrQ is just really niceQrQ is just really nice
MC Status: 410
KRK Rokit or Presonus Eris E5?

Hi folks. Going to buy my first pair of budget monitors.

KRK Rokit 5 G3 are obviously very popular for bedroom producers but do have a hyped low end.

Presonus eris e5's have very good reviews and apparently have a flatter frequency response.

Both are around 250 for a pair.

Anyone any advice or experience about these two?

Much appreciated.

Advertisements

------------------
QrQ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8498080
Thanked 6,143 Times in 4,412 Posts
Re: KRK Rokit or PreSonus?

I owned the rokits and found them fatiguing, a little muddy in the low mids and worst of all boomy. PreSonus Eris sound pretty damn good to me every time I listen to them at a music shop.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
QrQ (09-25-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 01:58 PM   #3
Maarike
Minor Glitch
Maarike has a spectacular aura aboutMaarike has a spectacular aura aboutMaarike has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Hey, I own the PreSonus Eris E8 monitors and I must say, they are awesome!

I showed them to a soundengineer and a professional mastering-guy and they both said that the PreSonus sounds amazing and are better than a lot of monitors in higher pricescale. Both of em was impressed with the low frequencies, and said that they might have the best low freq in their pricerange.

So they are definately worth the bucks!
Maarike is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Maarike
QrQ (09-25-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 20710

I tried the krks when I bought my Yamaha's, and didn't like them! highly recommend the Yamaha's tho!

------------------
jbvdb493 is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #5
FTD
Ghostly
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3461505

I feel I've outgrown my Rokits, that said I've had them 7 or 8 years and while I lust over Adams and Genelecs I'm not about to make that spend anytime soon. A lot of their popularity is down to marketing though and the low end is appealing to those who DJ through them. Are you near a store where you can hear a comparison? Maybe think about some Yamaha hs5 too?

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to FTD
QrQ (09-25-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 12:36 AM   #6
Syllix
Deep Underground
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1095847
Re: KRK Rokit or Presonus Eris E5?

I've owned the first gen rokit 6's for over 5 years. One of the speakers has a little bit of distortion / crackling, but I think that's due to some impact while moving. Otherwise, they have performed flawlessly over those 5 years. I have heard of others saying the low-mids can be a tad muddy sounding, but I think a lot of the times it comes down to the area they are being listened to in. They sound pretty good in my second bedroom which has some minimal acoustic treatment and no bass traps.

The best thing you can do is take some music you know really well (maybe some you've produced yourself) and listen to it on the speakers and see for yourself how they compare. You might be lucky to have your local music store have some in stock.

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest project: Daft Punk - Doin' It Right remake!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Syllix
QrQ (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #7
foilmusiq
Granular Poster
foilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura aboutfoilmusiq has a spectacular aura about
Zg
MC Status: 210

Go to presonus, have Krks G5 and well, i am satisfied, but not will change them.
foilmusiq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to foilmusiq
QrQ (10-10-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 08:14 PM   #8
makrsamples
Regular Freak
makrsamples will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

KRK all the way! Just be wary of having a good ear with the KRKs, they do have some color to them.
makrsamples is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #9
equilibr1um
Learning The Ropes
equilibr1um will become famous soon enoughequilibr1um will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

I have a pair of krk rokit 5 g2, I like them, and don't forget monitors aren't about good quality are about high fidelity, maybe in price/quality aspect you should go for Yamaha, if you wan't something top go for the adams a7, but I like my krk rokit 5 g2, I will keep them, they are more then enough for me.
equilibr1um is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:13 PM   #10
Evelon
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214387298
Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,735 Posts

I found KRK muddy, colored and pretty boring. I found Eris brittle and piercing highs (and thus a bit fatiguing). Jmho.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
relic (11-06-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 03:59 AM   #11
st3aLth
Sample Destroyer
st3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2260

Presonus Eris E5
st3aLth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #12
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 2610

I have no speakers to compare to, but I have the Eris E5 and am very happy. Very versatile in how they can be setup with the diff inputs, bass rolloffs etc. I went in mostly for the flat response too. My 2c.

Advertisements

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote