[Soodoh Inturlechal Troll Thread]Do you ever feel "repetition" in music is a problem?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 30-08-2016, 02:46 AM   #1
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8798
[Soodoh Inturlechal Troll Thread]Do you ever feel "repetition" in music is a problem?

I notice lately a bulk of "popular music" these days is dominating the airwaves, but anything new is remarkably similar in style. In the local music scene as well, a lot of punk/rock bands heavily borrow from bands with "formulas that work(ed)" (fallout boy, my chemical romance, Thursday, etc). Now, it may be me, being a metalhead/breakbeat/noise music fanatic, but these experiences I have make me wonder, is it actually possible to "break the cycle" and get away with it (like getting attention)?

I always have this sensation of boredom/lack of surprise/apathy when listening to bands my friend (who is a promoter for shows) shows me. Similarly, when family and I end up talking about music and the conversation turns to "well if you joined a cover band you could actually make money". To me I think a lot of music only survives by repetition, but long term music may fade in interest of artistic expression for the very same reason. I'd rather try to write music and pull all the punches doing it.

So I'm not sure if my apathy comes from being too involved with music/creative thinking, if I just "don't get it", or if I'm simply an asshole.

Anyone feel similar?

Advertisements

jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jimmusician
mnkvolcno (06-09-2016)
Old 30-08-2016, 03:06 AM   #2
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963433
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,706 Posts
Re: Do you ever feel "repetition" in music is a problem?

Personally I think it's common to have repeating themes in music. Great musicians know how add movement with other elements to trick you into not thinking about the thing that is repeating. Kind of throwing a baton to each part so new elements take the lead and the repeating part falls into the background.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 05:14 AM   #3
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

I was thinking about this myself a couple weeks back. I watched a documentary series regarding the evolution of music technology. The problem, I think, is that we live in the bronze age of music technology, where everything is perfected and we're not as amazed as the people before us because everything already exists. Back when The Beatles released their 1966 album, "Revolver", it was the most amazing shit that no one's heard before because they were fucking around with recording technology and doing things that people didn't usually do. Nowadays, those techniques are normal. Wall of sound, chopping and screwing up samples. The reason you feel like you've heard things before is because, well.. they have been done before. The techniques that were once weird and experimental are now done every day by professionals and hobbyist musicians.

I think the other problem why it feels like we've heard things before is because we're musicians. Either professionally or as a hobby, we taught ourselves how to replicate these techniques. I remember when I first started making music, I was like 'HOW IS THAT SOUND MADE???" Now, I'm like "oh, that sound's pretty easy to make, I can do it." The magic's gone. We looked behind the curtain and we have a pretty good understanding on how music is made.

I think that if we allow ourselves to be excited and curious about things, it'll help us enjoy music much more. Instead of being like "Oh, I know how this was done," just sit down and let the music take you, even if you knew how the music was made. If the music is good, then allow yourself to enjoy good music. It's the best thing I've ever done to improve my listening experience.

Now, I'm not saying that bad, formulaic, repetitive music doesn't exist. It certainly does and I honestly think that formulaic music is bullshit. It's mostly pop music that sounds the same but I also find underground artists who just recycle the same formula over and over (which is especially apparent in EDM). People also tell me that I should make music that sounds like this or that because that was what was worked. It sucks because, imo, I feel like music (and creating art in general) should be about making something new and fresh and awesome. Giving people something they didn't know they want. What's the point of creating something if it already exists? I've already seen the Mona Lisa, give me something new.

EDIT: Fixed grammatical error

Last edited by Narukami Music; 30-08-2016 at 11:23 AM..

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Narukami Music
A.M (30-08-2016)
Old 30-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukami Music View Post
I've already seen the Mona Lisa, give me something new.
I've had to explain my esoteric tendencies to some family/friends with this exact same phrase before. On the other hand (Like you mentioned) I have learned to find something to appreciate in all music; wether it be the mix, composition, texture etc, and I feel that this has balanced me out as a composer and helped take off my jaded edge without ruining my interest in unique and adventurous compositions. I feel like I could write about this subject forever, but I'm not going to. I'm sleepy...
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
Renthebathroom
Renthebathroom is a jewel in the roughRenthebathroom is a jewel in the roughRenthebathroom is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

No repetitions is not the problem, it's what your are "repeting" which is the problem. If you always repeat the same perfects chords and patterns it became boring very soon. You can do a lot with few chords but at least make them colorful, not always the same triad, add some seventh or ninth (or 11 and more) in your chord, change the voicing. Some basic knowledge in harmony can help making repetitve music more hypnotic and mesmerizing instead of just bland. The famous Gymnopédie by Satie is repetive not as hell, but as heaven because it's just plain beautiful. There's also a piano Prélude by Shostakovich which is formally a passacaglia, which means that basically the bass - the left hand - is doing always the same thing, but the right hand add some layers which make it interessting, and again beautiful. So no repetition is not the problem. You have to be creative in your "repetitiveness", that's the challenge!

The Satie's Gymnopédie, and Shostakovich's prélude that I mentionned. (I can,t post full youtube link, but they are youtube link, just complete them).

/watch?v=wDj2VT-j-qY

/watch?v=akv-y4vd5pg
Renthebathroom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #6
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026591
Thanked 7,183 Times in 4,470 Posts

We dig repetition.

------------------
Giving it one hunder percent.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
A.M (30-08-2016)
Old 31-08-2016, 06:23 AM   #7
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
¯\(°_o)/¯
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,441 Times in 1,900 Posts

thread title is a little confusing as this is what i consider to be repetition in musical terms.

possibly better terms: imitating? mimicking? dopplegangering? style-copping? choon-cloning?

anyway, now that i know that you mean... no matter what you do (anything creative) you're going to be somehow adapting someone else's idea into your own. whether you like it or not it's how our brain processes information and learns. original ideas are hardly ever purely original. what's the phrase? "good artists mimic, great artists steal"... or something like that. one of the biggest pitfalls to composing is trying too hard to make your music sound "unique" that it stops being pleasing to listen to, or just being lackluster. audiences are much more receptive when you play from your heart, make your best attempt at expressing yourself, and try not to overthink it so much.

when i went to school several of the composers in my program were constantly trying to come up with unique methods to compose... composing from their brains with mathematical equations, charts and graphs, i ching, randomization, etc. sure, it was interesting but in execution it lacked s-called soul. I had my hand at writing a few pieces using my own systems of serialization, pitch class sets, anomalous hexachords, creating my own scales, using microtones... things of that nature.

all that stuff is extremely interesting. all for experimenting with new methods. there can be a balance between writing from your brain and your heart, but when you're analyzing and criticizing your music for being too much like other people's music I feel that it's easy lose track of the purpose of making music all together. i guess? kind of just being devil's advocate here. in the end, yes, it is definitely a good thing to have your own unique sound. I guess just don't try too hard to or people won't be able to relate.

to each their own though.
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #8
papo
Microknight
papo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the roughpapo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I don't think it is happening only lately. The music of each genre that is popular at a certain time, sounds pretty much the same. After awhile when people get tired of hearing the same stuff again and again, a new genre become popular and then other musicians start imitate this new genre and so it goes.
This is the sad truth of popular music, I think.
papo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to papo
Muse-ic (31-08-2016)
Old 31-08-2016, 09:15 AM   #9
aikighost
Lemon Eater
aikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MC
Reading
MC Status: 12851960

In terms if actual music, repitition is only a problem if the end product doesn't achieve its goals. Some electronics and classical music is purposefully especially repetitive to achieve a sort of trancelike state in the audience with only extremely subtle changes over time.

As regards repetition of music styles and the development and genrefication of a new style, this has always happened its not new, but in each new genre there will always be a few standout acts, artists and thought leaders and then a hoarde of followers trying to gain popularity, make money and get laid using "the formula" how much this annoys you is a matter of personal taste. For me for a band to be good it has to stand out and either be an exceptional example of the genre EG: Public Enemy, De La Soul or depart from the genre and do something intersting and new with its forms EG: Jonwayne

Last edited by aikighost; 31-08-2016 at 09:21 AM..

------------------
The ultimate Law: All general statements are false

My Techno Music News & Techno Mixes Blog

Submit mixes to TechnoMusicNews.com
aikighost is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 12:47 PM   #10
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7236929

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmusician View Post
I notice lately a bulk of "popular music" these days is dominating the airwaves, but anything new is remarkably similar in style. In the local music scene as well, a lot of punk/rock bands heavily borrow from bands with "formulas that work(ed)" (fallout boy, my chemical romance, Thursday, etc).
Yes, because that same thing works. People have already heard it, so when they hear something that is very similar it creates a sense of familiarity, so they immediately like it more. This is called the mere-exposure effect, and it is a well-documented psychological phenomenon.

Further, copying something is easier than coming up with something new that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmusician View Post
Now, it may be me, being a metalhead/breakbeat/noise music fanatic, but these experiences I have make me wonder, is it actually possible to "break the cycle" and get away with it (like getting attention)?
Yes, but it is incredibly difficult in current musical landscape. Even in the best-case scenario, you're likely to end up as a one hit wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Getting attention is partly/mostly luck of the draw.
Getting the lowest amount of attention and exposure is largely random. If you get the smallest amount of exposure, the merits of your music are important in determining your success. There are some traits, mainly the degree to which the music activates nucleus accumbens, that are good predictors of the popularity. See A Neural Predictor of Cultural Popularity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelium View Post
one of the biggest pitfalls to composing is trying too hard to make your music sound "unique" that it stops being pleasing to listen to
Having actually studied the phenomenon for a few courses, I would argue that "unique" and "not pleasing to listen to" are synonyms in music, especially where it comes to popular music.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Blingley
aikighost (31-08-2016)
Old 31-08-2016, 04:30 PM   #11
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8534080
Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,888 Posts

It was just pointed out to me the other day that a ton of recent American pop music has these wordless vocal parts (ooohs and aaahs) that do this change from the 3rd to the 5th note in the scale. Heard this on the radio and the played ah bunch of examples. It is absolutely pervasive.

Honestly, I think its just a bit of cynicism on your part OP.

In the past year Ive really come to enjoy a lot of music that is more pop. And there is a lot of familiar tropes of different kinds. Life is too short though, I want to enjoy as much of what is out there as possible

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 05:00 PM   #12
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7236929

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
It was just pointed out to me the other day that a ton of recent American pop music has these wordless vocal parts (ooohs and aaahs) that do this change from the 3rd to the 5th note in the scale. Heard this on the radio and the played ah bunch of examples. It is absolutely pervasive.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 05:14 PM   #13
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8534080
Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,888 Posts

Yes! This is it, the Millennial Whoop. lolololol

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 05:40 PM   #14
calvinlld
Learning The Ropes
calvinlld will become famous soon enough
Chapel Hill, NC
MC Status: 60

It doesn't usually bother me, but when it does I listen to Vektor
calvinlld is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to calvinlld
Numerical (31-08-2016)
Old 31-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #15
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941881
Thanked 5,674 Times in 3,576 Posts

Me too. No really, I listen to the tech thrash band Vektor also.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #16
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026591
Thanked 7,183 Times in 4,470 Posts

Millennial whoop, also known as the police siren.

------------------
Giving it one hunder percent.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:38 AM   #17
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Getting attention is partly/mostly luck of the draw. Also feeding your material out to labels and being seen on social media and whatnot...in addition to having interesting, engaging music of course. Get your tunes on a small label that does a decent amount of promo. Start small and work your way up.

I agree with you on a certain level but you can always dig deeper and find interesting music, it's just your own interest in doing so that says how far you'll go to find it. I'm a metalhead too and I have to actually go and look at these underground, obscure labels to find any bands worth a shit, you know other than fuckin Roadrunner/Metal Blade/Century Media shit that gets plastered all over the place on youtube and facebook and promoed into the ground. I was just now listening to some Russian post-black metal band that I think is pretty good and never heard of before by just being in a metal group on facebook.

I gotta be in the mood to randomly jam some YT videos people post, though. That's not every day for me, either. Maybe once a week when I have enough beers in me. Other than that, yeah most music i hear is formulaic, tried n true copycat shit.
Definitely, it's a mix of promotion and quality material. I can always find obscure material, just I wish it weren't a case of "so this is what I listen to and feed on when I'm home/on the go, and this is what I tolerate in the open". I think some groups just shouldn't be playing. If you can't knock the standard listener's socks off, what are you writing/why? And the thing is, for music, education is better than it ever had been previously! There's no reason to walk on egg shells! It doesn't even have to be complex.

It may be harsh but wasn't music originally for trivial events like parties? You know, like in the ages of Bach and Mozart? And for confidence building and church etc? I mean, say what you like, but there were standards. Most things that didn't really "influence" society positively would be deemed satanic, but in those days the shit end of the stick was death, and there was plenty of it. Now that we've come forward, there's all this freedom, but all our standards make us go between "it sounds like shit" or "it sounds great".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukami Music View Post
I was thinking about this myself a couple weeks back. I watched a documentary series regarding the evolution of music technology. The problem, I think, is that we live in the bronze age of music technology, where everything is perfected and we're not as amazed as the people before us because everything already exists. Back when The Beatles released their 1966 album, "Revolver", it was the most amazing shit that no one's heard before because they were fucking around with recording technology and doing things that people didn't usually do. Nowadays, those techniques are normal. Wall of sound, chopping and screwing up samples. The reason you feel like you've heard things before is because, well.. they have been done before. The techniques that were once weird and experimental are now done every day by professionals and hobbyist musicians.

I think the other problem why it feels like we've heard things before is because we're musicians. Either professionally or as a hobby, we taught ourselves how to replicate these techniques. I remember when I first started making music, I was like 'HOW IS THAT SOUND MADE???" Now, I'm like "oh, that sound's pretty easy to make, I can do it." The magic's gone. We looked behind the curtain and we have a pretty good understanding on how music is made.

I think that if we allow ourselves to be excited and curious about things, it'll help us enjoy music much more. Instead of being like "Oh, I know how this was done," just sit down and let the music take you, even if you knew how the music was made. If the music is good, then allow yourself to enjoy good music. It's the best thing I've ever done to improve my listening experience.

Now, I'm not saying that bad, formulaic, repetitive music doesn't exist. It certainly does and I honestly think that formulaic music is bullshit. It's mostly pop music that sounds the same but I also find underground artists who just recycle the same formula over and over (which is especially apparent in EDM). People also tell me that I should make music that sounds like this or that because that was what was worked. It sucks because, imo, I feel like music (and creating art in general) should be about making something new and fresh and awesome. Giving people something they didn't know they want. What's the point of creating something if it already exists? I've already seen the Mona Lisa, give me something new.

EDIT: Fixed grammatical error
I think the rise of sound design and the fall of diligent musical notation has stunted our growth, really. Dubstep was easy for kids to pump out once it became "LFO, bit crush, reverb, distort, chorus, phaser, distort, reverb, magic". A similar thing happened with breakbeat; it became really elaborate, it started mashing every other genre into itself, then people got hooked on wobble bass, and it slowed to dubstep. Lol I mean, I saw this stuff happen around 2009? But the thing is, so why don't people take a clue? Ride the dragon too long and you'll kill it (the genre). Rock is slowly getting merged to folk pop or acoustic Bieber ballads, probably because so many people are still hooked to the classic sound of guitar.
https://youtu.be/IP0wuwJBdMI
I saw this video and it echoed a great deal of my thoughts. This is why I'm trying to have a conversation about it.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:51 AM   #18
jimmusician
Deep Underground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
Yes, because that same thing works. People have already heard it, so when they hear something that is very similar it creates a sense of familiarity, so they immediately like it more. This is called the mere-exposure effect, and it is a well-documented psychological phenomenon.

Further, copying something is easier than coming up with something new that works.

Kind of like when you hear old guys talk about how listening to the rolling stones reminded them off dancing on picnic tables with girls wasted and having sex in econoline vans? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelium View Post
thread title is a little confusing as this is what i consider to be repetition in musical terms.

possibly better terms: imitating? mimicking? dopplegangering? style-copping? choon-cloning?

anyway, now that i know that you mean... no matter what you do (anything creative) you're going to be somehow adapting someone else's idea into your own. whether you like it or not it's how our brain processes information and learns. original ideas are hardly ever purely original. what's the phrase? "good artists mimic, great artists steal"... or something like that. one of the biggest pitfalls to composing is trying too hard to make your music sound "unique" that it stops being pleasing to listen to, or just being lackluster. audiences are much more receptive when you play from your heart, make your best attempt at expressing yourself, and try not to overthink it so much.

when i went to school several of the composers in my program were constantly trying to come up with unique methods to compose... composing from their brains with mathematical equations, charts and graphs, i ching, randomization, etc. sure, it was interesting but in execution it lacked s-called soul. I had my hand at writing a few pieces using my own systems of serialization, pitch class sets, anomalous hexachords, creating my own scales, using microtones... things of that nature.

all that stuff is extremely interesting. all for experimenting with new methods. there can be a balance between writing from your brain and your heart, but when you're analyzing and criticizing your music for being too much like other people's music I feel that it's easy lose track of the purpose of making music all together. i guess? kind of just being devil's advocate here. in the end, yes, it is definitely a good thing to have your own unique sound. I guess just don't try too hard to or people won't be able to relate.

to each their own though.
Ok, style -whoring, does that work? I'm not looking for the wheel to be reinvented, but I know in my gut, if I hear a band that wants to simulate the success of say, fallout boy singles, and does it on end, I only really have the mental energy to listen to 3 songs. Gimme a Cliteater album, and I can listen in the car for a few days. My issue is bands get so comfortable copying a band style that they just kill it over and over again. Look at what djent has become. It represents metal in that people think it's all long, drawn-out break downs and swing rhythms. As for your friends, sure, it can be hard to get a human sound from music, I like the machine gun quality of electronic music, but like people say, practice makes perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
We dig repetition.

Yea, so do viruses, lol. Nice track tho.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #19
aLiner
Knob Twiddler
aLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond reputeaLiner has a reputation beyond repute
Galway
MC Status: 2810

In the "edm" world, it's all generic and frivolous in terms of sound design. That's why I think edm is for sissies. And dubstep is for brats.
aLiner is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #20
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963433
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,706 Posts

I think labels are dumb, generic and frivolous. You can have good music happen in every area, even EDM. Good music is good music.

Advertisements

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote