Roland Aira System One
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 08-16-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
floydianslip
Radial Developer
floydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Roland Aira System One

Anybody else out there have the Aira System One plug-out synth by Roland? I know it came out not so long ago so my hopes aren't high. Anyhoo, I bought mine a few months ago and have been very happy with it, but last week it ceased working as a midi controller. I am really hoping it's not broken and I'm just doing something wrong. Anybody out there run into the same issue or a similar one? My driver settings are definitely correct and I see signal in reason when I hit the keys, but hear nothing and record nothing.

Advertisements

------------------
floydianslip is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:02 AM   #2
Sons of Achab
Microknight
Sons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud ofSons of Achab has much to be proud of
Toulouse
MC Status: 1310
Re: Roland Aira System One

I use the system-1 for one year now with Ableton Live and I never had a problem. If you are using it with the plug-out running in Reason be sure that the "setting" window of the vst is correctly configured. You have to select "SYSTEM-1 CTRL"in the midi IN / midi OUT boxes if you are using windows or "SYSTEM-1" if you are using Mac OS.

------------------
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
White Noise
Ghostly
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 14710

Make sure everything is plugged in and set up before firing up your daw. I can't so much as unplug my headphones once my daw is running or the whole thing will crash, same for midi controllers (needless to say, it doesn't recognize them when I plug them back in either).
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:32 PM   #4
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8507530
Thanked 6,332 Times in 4,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Make sure everything is plugged in and set up before firing up your daw. I can't so much as unplug my headphones once my daw is running or the whole thing will crash, same for midi controllers (needless to say, it doesn't recognize them when I plug them back in either).
Are you serious about your headphones? Because that honestly sounds absurd. Something is wrong w your setup if unplugging headphones makes your daw crash...

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #5
White Noise
Ghostly
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 14710

Not to get off topic, but I think it's because I run them through a USB dac, so if that comes unplugged, my PC is switching audio outputs from digital to analog and that trips up my daw. It's inline with my headphones, so I pretty much think of it as a single unit, but it's the USB dac coming out.

To the OP, have you kept the synth clean/dust free? I don't know if it would mess up a keyboard, but dust messes up turntables in my experience, pretty easy to clean with some electronics cleaner in a can.
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
relic (08-16-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 02:24 PM   #6
bIOtAPEstry
Microknight
bIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to all
Sydney
MC Status: 610

Just got a Street Cub EX.....

Its sick. 50 watts of tank like monitor. Mmmmmmmm

------------------
Please like my Facebook page!!
https://www.facebook.com/nomadicjurassic
bIOtAPEstry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:34 AM   #7
floydianslip
Radial Developer
floydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the ideas guys. The synth is not dusty (I keep it in its original box when not in use), and the vst settings described are the ones I've been using. I tried plugging in before starting up my DAW and still had the same problem. Given all of this info, sadly I am going to assume that either my synth or my pc is broken (working with a 6 year old HP pavillion here, not ideal).

------------------
Old 04-25-2017, 04:19 AM   #8
floydianslip
Radial Developer

Update: The synth no longer makes sound in manual mode, only in the preset modes, but the preset modes are now affected by all of the controls. To give an example; if say, the bit crusher knob is up when I first enter a preset, I will hear the effects of the knob on the preset, whereas previously I would have heard just the preset by itself, and would only begin to hear the crusher if I physically moved the knob, even if it was set to maximum. Has anyone ever had this problem? I am really hoping that it isn't broken, but my hopes are not high at this point.

Advertisements

------------------

Roland Aira System One Tags
aira, midi controller, plug out, roland, system one