Life Is a Cosmic Giggle on the Breath of the Universe
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 08-07-2016, 05:50 AM   #1
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 5660
Life Is a Cosmic Giggle on the Breath of the Universe

Not sure if this has been posted before. I did a real brief search that turned up nothing, so figured I'd give it a go.

The other day I got inspired to surf the internet in search of 90's rave scene nostalgia. I always get a kick out of it, however more than a kick, I am reminded that the whole scene of the time was the last real hippy unifying scenes that happened since the 60's. It existed without the pollution of organized crime and all the dirt that came with that. At least for a while.

The end of the altruistic era seemed to coincide with 95% of the LSD production in the world disappearing overnight.

William Pickard was a chemist who came out of the original San Fransisco LSD scene with Owsley Stanley. It is estimated he was responsible for 95% of the LSD production in the world until his demise in 2000. He is currently serving three concurrent life sentences.

This story below is related to the very strange scene that was happening at a decommissioned nuclear missle silo in kansas where the alleged lab was located.

I found it a fascinating read. Also made me think that perhaps youth culture was better off with mind expanding psychedelics instead of the alternative.

http://www.vice.com/read/life-is-a-c...ggle-803-v18n5

Advertisements

envelope3 is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #2
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9710
Re: Life Is a Cosmic Giggle on the Breath of the Universe

(i just coincidentally read about this a half hour ago)
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to totes antenna
envelope3 (11-30-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 06:58 PM   #3
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8507530
Thanked 6,332 Times in 4,545 Posts

Just get on the state funded soma treatment...xanax etc etc... keeps you nice and docile...good consumer...here is a treat! some reality tv, a beer and a colonopin

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:10 PM   #4
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744005791
Thanked 6,767 Times in 4,218 Posts

I never saw ANYONE with a bottle of liquid acid until post-2000.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Jaded (12-01-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #5
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
i hate the 90s
Old 11-29-2016, 08:24 PM   #6
Eddddt
Minor Glitch
Eddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

If the cosmos is giggling it must be one sadistic son of a bootch.
Eddddt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Eddddt
envelope3 (11-30-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #7
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
Skyway Patrol

who cares
Thanks to totes antenna
Muse-ic (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 03:21 AM   #8
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa

Quote:
I sure did in the 90's
Old 12-01-2016, 12:48 AM   #9
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6893909
Thanked 3,294 Times in 2,002 Posts

Quote:
That's sad...

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:49 AM   #10
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
Skyway Patrol

teapot whens my joint getting here
Thanks to totes antenna
Jaded (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 01:44 AM   #11
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by totes antenna View Post
Hey! I'm working from home today. It's 11AM. That means there's still time to get high in the morning... I mean... There's still time to do some altruism this morning

------------------
For reference:
Quote:

satan = f i d

* I am not God.
Thanks to Jaded
thom (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 02:00 AM   #12
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Also OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
The end of the altruistic era seemed to coincide with 95% of the LSD production in the world disappearing overnight.
Surely by now you know that there's nothing altruistic about hippies or ravers yeah? You're talking about a group of people who like indulging themselves by getting high and tuning out. That's the opposite of altruism. All hippies and ravers have contributed to society is a bunch of music and fashions that can be used in marketing materials.

So yeah, altruism kind of did die with the hippies because their parents were the last generation who collectively took action for the benefit of society: Civil rights, feminism, end of the Vietnam war etc etc. All of the progress in those areas was made by the hippies' parents yeah? Hippies/boomers are a bunch of selfish, narcissistic arseholes who were given the world on a plate and yet still find reasons to complain about how they had nothing. I mean shit, look at the downward spiral that began in the 70's-80's... That's a direct consequence of the hippies getting jobs and responsibility and "taking what they deserve" yeah?

Shit man, if you've ever worked with someone born ~1945-60 then you know they're some of the useless people on the planet.

And what is it with people who like to get high trying to invent some bullshit reason outside of getting high to get high? There's nothing wrong with enjoying getting high. But don't make out like you're expanding your mind or enlightening the world or some shit... You're inducing an altered state of consciousness and that's fun. It's not some higher calling. It's just something you do on the weekend when you have a day or two to recover.

It reminds me of a conversation I had a bush doof where this dude motioned around us and told me how we're changing the world and making it a better place.... Yeah dude, we're changing the world. In the last 48 hours this forest has been completely trashed and it will probably be a decade until the damage is undone. Wooo! Enlightenment now!

------------------
For reference:
Quote:

satan = f i d

* I am not God.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:33 AM   #13
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter
dada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8410

Quote:
this, good sir, has truly twisted my pigtails

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #14
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Also OP:

Surely by now you know that there's nothing altruistic about hippies or ravers yeah? You're talking about a group of people who like indulging themselves by getting high and tuning out. That's the opposite of altruism. All hippies and ravers have contributed to society is a bunch of music and fashions that can be used in marketing materials.

So yeah, altruism kind of did die with the hippies because their parents were the last generation who collectively took action for the benefit of society: Civil rights, feminism, end of the Vietnam war etc etc. All of the progress in those areas was made by the hippies' parents yeah? Hippies/boomers are a bunch of selfish, narcissistic arseholes who were given the world on a plate and yet still find reasons to complain about how they had nothing. I mean shit, look at the downward spiral that began in the 70's-80's... That's a direct consequence of the hippies getting jobs and responsibility and "taking what they deserve" yeah?

Shit man, if you've ever worked with someone born ~1945-60 then you know they're some of the useless people on the planet.

And what is it with people who like to get high trying to invent some bullshit reason outside of getting high to get high? There's nothing wrong with enjoying getting high. But don't make out like you're expanding your mind or enlightening the world or some shit... You're inducing an altered state of consciousness and that's fun. It's not some higher calling. It's just something you do on the weekend when you have a day or two to recover.

It reminds me of a conversation I had a bush doof where this dude motioned around us and told me how we're changing the world and making it a better place.... Yeah dude, we're changing the world. In the last 48 hours this forest has been completely trashed and it will probably be a decade until the damage is undone. Wooo! Enlightenment now!
Going to have to disagree with you on this one. What I was trying to say is that when psychedelic drugs were at the forefront of popular culture, we had a kinder and more thoughtful population than when those drugs weren't taking the spotlight.

Drugs are always going to play a huge part in the overall feel in society. Perhaps I used the wrong word by saying altruistic but what I was getting at was that in the late 60's with LSD and then again in the 90's with LSD and MDMA we saw huge groups of people experiencing these drugs together and coming to conclusions about community, openness and thoughtfulness.

Contrast that with the mid 70's -late 80's and the rise of cocaine and amphetamines as the dominant drugs in pop culture. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see the juxtaposition.

Seeing triple life sentences thrown down on the people manufacturing LSD at the same time the CIA is flooding the American market to the brim with cocaine* doesn't take much to see that there are society shaping tools in play here.

Think about that for a minute. A society who en masse is seeing each other as themselves, seeing their planet as a living thing, and feeling connected to it all. Or, alienating each other, looking out for number one and robbing your neighbour so you can score.

I'd say that if you think it is all one and the same, I completely disagree. I am not a tin foil hat guy, but people actually waking up and understanding each other is a huge fucking problem to the establishment everywhere.

Having been there around music cultures in the 90's I would definitely say there was a culture of people thinking and people caring in a pretty big way. Like in a pop culture kind of way.

That is pretty much exterminated now. Yet there is no shortage of drugs that numb us and don't let us think.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_in...ne_trafficking
Thanks to envelope3
iDoG (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #15
fidelium
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,782 Posts

Quote:
you didn't rave hard enough

------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
You need more hair on those balls, son.
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM   #16
fidelium
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
\(_o)/
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,782 Posts

Quote:
wait so you just joined here to pilfer us for joints didn't you?

i feel used.

------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
You need more hair on those balls, son.
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 PM   #17
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
Skyway Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelium View Post
wait so you just joined here to pilfer us for joints didn't you?

i feel used.
No i was gonna make u a thank you video
Old 12-01-2016, 02:25 PM   #18
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
Skyway Patrol

Teapot wane <3

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

Advertisements