Komplete 11 Announced
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 08-01-2016, 11:48 PM   #1
Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
Stercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42348599
Thanked 4,292 Times in 2,805 Posts
Komplete 11 Announced

More Kontakt libraries and Reaktor plugs.

No actual new synths.

No shocks then.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
This mind intentionally blank.
Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,285 Posts
Re: Komplete 11 Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
More Kontakt libraries and Reaktor plugs.

No actual new synths.

No shocks then.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Actually..there is one that caught my eye..[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Looking forward to messing with that eventually.

At 399 for the update from 10 up to 11, that works out at just under 45 for each of the 9 new items listed..which isn't bad when you keep in mind what you're getting.

I'll certainly be dropping on this at some stage, but not right away I think.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
lolirl (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 06:20 AM   #3
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39278949
Thanked 1,128 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Actually..there is one that caught my eye..[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
At first glance, I thought it was just a basic sample player like Simpler or Dropzone, but looking into it, it appears to be much more than that. I'm now on board with wanting to check it out at some point, too.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
A.M (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 07:32 AM   #4
Schnork
Ghostly
Schnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9610

Alchemy substitute?
Actually I'm pretty excited!
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6893359
Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,994 Posts

Ah Roo! I love you! Saved me a few hundred dollars by upgrading to 10...

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:40 PM   #6
mholloway
Master of the LFO
mholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MC
Portland, Oregon, USA
MC Status: 1435759

Man I was hoping we'd see Kontakt 6 before the new Komplete dropped, oh well.

Form looks interesting.

What bugs me is that K Ultimate contains slimmed down versions of the strings, brass and woodwinds orchestral libraries with "reduced sample content." Not very Ultimate after all, eh? I honestly don't see the point in even having the "Ultimate" line if it includes reduced versions of stuff. Defeats the whole damn point.

-M

------------------
mholloway is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mholloway
A.M (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 04:56 PM   #7
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholloway View Post
Man I was hoping we'd see Kontakt 6 before the new Komplete dropped, oh well.

Form looks interesting.

What bugs me is that K Ultimate contains slimmed down versions of the strings, brass and woodwinds orchestral libraries with "reduced sample content." Not very Ultimate after all, eh? I honestly don't see the point in even having the "Ultimate" line if it includes reduced versions of stuff. Defeats the whole damn point.

-M
It's a little confusing, tbh..on their site is says, "..Designed for light scoring tasks requiring fundamental instrumental performance techniques, the SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS instruments are available for purchase separately or as part of KOMPLETE 11 ULTIMATE."

So, are they included or not..that kinda implies to me that they are..so you can either buy the individually or get them included in K11 Ultimate. Still, it's something we need to check out.

------------------
Old 08-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #8
mholloway
Master of the LFO
mholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MC
Portland, Oregon, USA

Quote:
It's a little confusing, tbh..on their site is says, "..Designed for light scoring tasks requiring fundamental instrumental performance techniques, the SYMPHONY ESSENTIALS instruments are available for purchase separately or as part of KOMPLETE 11 ULTIMATE."

So, are they included or not..that kinda implies to me that they are..so you can either buy the individually or get them included in K11 Ultimate. Still, it's something we need to check out.
Just go read the description of the content that is in K11 Ultimate-- it specifically says "essentials" for each of the orchestral libraries and for each product notes "with reduced sample content." They are not the same as the individual products. So, the Komplete versions are...inKomplete.

-M

------------------
Old 08-02-2016, 05:32 PM   #9
A.M

Quote:
Just go read the description of the content that is in K11 Ultimate-- it specifically says "essentials" for each of the orchestral libraries and for each product notes "with reduced sample content." They are not the same as the individual products. So, the Komplete versions are...inKomplete.

-M
Ummm..yeah..like that was the whole point of my post that you quoted..that they are saying one thing, while the reality is totally different. Their site copy gives the impression that you can buy these individually..or get them all with 11 U..it says nothing about what you get with 11 U being a reduced form of them.

They really need to be a little more clear about all this stuff. Like you said, Komplete is looking inKomplete.

------------------
Old 08-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #10
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744001441
Thanked 6,680 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Was just about to mention Form too, I saw [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
A.M (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 05:36 PM   #11
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Thanks for the link, as I looked but didn't find much on FORM, other than what NI has released already. Nice one.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
lolirl (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #12
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744001441
Thanked 6,680 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the link, as I looked but didn't find much on FORM, other than what NI has released already. Nice one.
NP man, that's what this place is all about, for once we're talking about related shiz.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:33 PM   #13
mholloway
Master of the LFO
Portland, Oregon, USA

Quote:
Ummm..yeah..like that was the whole point of my post that you quoted..that they are saying one thing, while the reality is totally different. Their site copy gives the impression that you can buy these individually..or get them all with 11 U..it says nothing about what you get with 11 U being a reduced form of them.

They really need to be a little more clear about all this stuff. Like you said, Komplete is looking inKomplete.
I never said that NI were being confusing, I was trying to clarify for you, because you are obviously confused. The Symphony ESSENTIALS is a cut down version of the SYMPHONY SERIES products. ESSENTIALS has the reduced sample content, taken from the SYMPHONY SERIES product line. ESSENTIALS is part of Komplete 11 Ultimate and, according to their site, will also be sold separately. The ESSENTIALS will be identical between K11 Ultimate and their respective individual products. But they are cut down versions of the SYMPHONY SERIES, all with corresponding names (e.g. ESSENTIALS - WOODWINDS is the cut down version of SYMPHONY SERIES - WOODWINDS). My point was that I was surprised Ultimate didn't contain the original Symphony Series products. Rather, they produced smaller, cheaper versions instead and then packaged those in K11 ultimate. Bummer.

-M

Last edited by mholloway; 08-02-2016 at 09:45 PM..

------------------
Thanks to mholloway
A.M (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 10:17 PM   #14
Schnork
Ghostly
Schnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond reputeSchnork has a reputation beyond repute

ESSENTIALS...WOODWINDS...ESSENTIALS...SYMPHONY SERIES...ESSENTIALS..WOODWINDS...SYMPHONY SERIES...ESSENTIALS...INKOMPLETE ULTIMATE ..11 SUPER SHIITE FX SOUNDS FROM THE BOWL...SOUNDS MODULAR...THX
Old 08-02-2016, 10:21 PM   #15
A.M

Quote:
I never said that NI were being confusing, I was trying to clarify for you, because you are obviously confused. The Symphony ESSENTIALS is a cut down version of the SYMPHONY SERIES products. ESSENTIALS has the reduced sample content, taken from the SYMPHONY SERIES product line. ESSENTIALS is part of Komplete 11 Ultimate and, according to their site, will also be sold separately. The ESSENTIALS will be identical between K11 Ultimate and their respective individual products. But they are cut down versions of the SYMPHONY SERIES, all with corresponding names (e.g. ESSENTIALS - WOODWINDS is the cut down version of SYMPHONY SERIES - WOODWINDS). My point was that I was surprised Ultimate didn't contain the original Symphony Series products. Rather, they produced smaller, cheaper versions instead and then packaged those in K11 ultimate. Bummer.

-M
I get ya, M..and no confusion here, regardless of the impression I've obviously given you. I totally agree with you that this is indeed a bit of a bummer, but still..when you think about it, it's not that bad really. You're getting the basics after all..more than enough for the average user's needs..even more so, when you take into account all the other elements you get in the U version.

But yeah..if you pay for the U then I think you should get everything and the kitchen sink.

------------------
Old 08-02-2016, 10:24 PM   #16
Schnork
Ghostly

Yeah...Everything plus the bowl sounds.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:24 PM   #17
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
ESSENTIALS...WOODWINDS...ESSENTIALS...SYMPHONY SERIES...ESSENTIALS..WOODWINDS...SYMPHONY SERIES...ESSENTIALS...INKOMPLETE ULTIMATE ..11 SUPER SHIITE FX SOUNDS FROM THE BOWL...SOUNDS MODULAR...THX
All joking aside, M is right..they should have offered everything in the U version..it's hardly ULTIMATE if it doesn't have everything. God knows you should be getting everything for what they're charging!

------------------
Old 08-02-2016, 10:27 PM   #18
Schnork
Ghostly

Sure. Otherwise it would be Inkomplete.
Thanks to Schnork
Jaded (08-04-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 10:31 PM   #19
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
Sure. Otherwise it would be Inkomplete.
..in which case they should be giving us a refund.

------------------
Old 08-02-2016, 10:39 PM   #20
Schnork
Ghostly

Advertisements