How is this Bass sound made?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 26-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
bowow
Learning The Ropes
bowow is currently spamming hard
Dublin
MC Status: 10
Icon5 How is this Bass sound made?

I know it is a typical square bass sound. I would just like to know if anyone knows the specifics? I mean it sounds low passed and it also sounds like there might be a tiny bit of modulation? I'm also wondering FX wise. I'd try it out myself but I won't be home for aaaggeesss and would like to stir up a discussion. :badger:

Advertisements

bowow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Janet Jackson - If (Kaytranada Remix)
Old 26-07-2016, 09:48 PM   #2
Knob Twiddler
666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute
#Quit IDMf
MC Status: 7010
Re: How is this Bass sound made?

If you want to stir up a discussion, there are better ways.

For your own knowledge, however, you might want to post a corresponding track

------------------
666 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 09:57 PM   #3
bowow
Learning The Ropes
Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
If you want to stir up a discussion, there are better ways.

For your own knowledge, however, you might want to post a corresponding track
What would be a better way ?

And forgive me, I didn't post a link. Im a newb and I thought posting track title and artist was enough :badger:

EDIT: Can't post a link as i need 30 posts
Old 26-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #4
Knob Twiddler
666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute666 has a reputation beyond repute
#Quit IDMf

I meant posting the artist name and track name. I don't know how else anyone is going to help you if you don't, TBH.

------------------
Old 26-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #5
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

Posting the YouTube ID will suffice. No need to post a link if you can post a link. :/

Sounds like a saturated and lowpass-filtered sine with a bit of transient.

Last edited by Evelon; 26-07-2016 at 11:11 PM..

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #6
bowow
Learning The Ropes
Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I meant posting the artist name and track name. I don't know how else anyone is going to help you if you don't, TBH.
OOh my bad, I thought filling in the "currently listening" field is enough. Not a big deal though
Old 26-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #7
bowow
Learning The Ropes
Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Posting the YouTube ID will suffice. No need to post a link if you can post a link. :/

Sounds like a saturated and lowpass-filtered sine with a bit of transient.
Thanks man
Old 27-07-2016, 08:07 AM   #8
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

Totally didn't see the "Currently listening to" tag thing.

Hmm, it sounds like an 808 kick (or any old school, sinewave kick) with a short decay and a bit of portamento. It's compressed quite heavily and the lower end boosted a bit. There's also a bit of "clickiness" to the bassline so you could really boost a certain higher frequency to give it that click. There's may even be a little bit of distortion/saturation to give it a little bit distortion in the higher frequencies.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 08:24 AM   #9
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19710

if you want the easy answer cymatiks savage drums for trap kick 97 i beleve or the hard one 808 kick with heavy saturation layerd with a top kick slightly sidechained off the top kick also compressed with a large attack and release.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2016, 09:04 AM   #10
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC

oh if you want A good way to do the sweeping slow sidechain on the pads etc put a fruity balance on a channel and automate the volume of it and send your pads to it.
Old 29-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #11
bowow
Learning The Ropes
Dublin

Thanks guys, 808 Kick works wonder. :badger:
Old 29-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #12
bowow
Learning The Ropes
Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukami Music View Post
Totally didn't see the "Currently listening to" tag thing.

Hmm, it sounds like an 808 kick (or any old school, sinewave kick) with a short decay and a bit of portamento. It's compressed quite heavily and the lower end boosted a bit. There's also a bit of "clickiness" to the bassline so you could really boost a certain higher frequency to give it that click. There's may even be a little bit of distortion/saturation to give it a little bit distortion in the higher frequencies.
Also, just checked out your youtube. Great music man, really liked Pacific
Old 29-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #13
joem
Savage Mad Cunt

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Old 29-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #14
Knob Twiddler
#Quit IDMf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowow View Post
OOh my bad, I thought filling in the "currently listening" field is enough. Not a big deal though
Oh, actually my bad. I thought Evelon was psychic for a minute there

------------------
Old 30-07-2016, 02:09 AM   #15
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowow View Post
Also, just checked out your youtube. Great music man, really liked Pacific
Hey, thanks a lot, man haha Really glad you dig "Pacific"

Advertisements

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote