Max for Live not show correctly the LFO devices
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 26-05-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
liveact
Minor Glitch
liveact is just really niceliveact is just really niceliveact is just really niceliveact is just really niceliveact is just really nice
MC Status: 410
Max for Live not show correctly the LFO devices

Hi!

I just installed a fresh Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and Ableton 32bit version 9.1.1 to my PC,after I intsalled Max 6.1.10 and the essential collection for Max for Live.
This same setup was working fine on my old Windows XP system.
Everything seems working fine but the the LFO devices not showing any visual feedback.

Did I missed something to install?

Thank You!

Advertisements

liveact is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1531977
Thanked 1,875 Times in 1,206 Posts
Re: Max for Live not show correctly the LFO devices

I've had this issue before on OSX.

Restarting Ableton works for me sometimes. Max is built on Java, I'd recommend hitting up the MAX/MSP website to see which version on Java works best with Max4Live. In my case on OSX it was Java 6.

hope this helps.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts

Not sure if this is going to help or upset you, but I ran into issues running MAX-based programs on Windows 7 64bit in the past..not sure what it is, but it's basically a case of some things just don't run ass they should in Windows 7.

Sorry I can't provide links or anything like that..and that my memory is a bit sketchy on this, but I'd bought a couple of VSTs in the past that were built with MAX and they had problems running. At the time I contacted the company behind one of them and they told me there was nothing anyone could do about it..that it was a JAVA conflict thing basically.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 11:39 PM   #4
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1531977
Thanked 1,875 Times in 1,206 Posts

its the sort of thing that occurs when you use Java script to built a "platform" on.

Shit just gets buggy.

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
A.M (27-05-2016)