Beat Battle 27: Donald Sings the Blues
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 29-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #1
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25310
Beat Battle 27: Donald Sings the Blues

Quote:
THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday. Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day (tuesday). Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day (thursday). The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (friday) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

All times are UTC.

SAMPLES:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(I was having trouble trying to find free file hosting.. let me know if this doesn't work)

GREETINGS HUMANOIDS

Welcome to the 27th beat battle.

As you can see, the title of this beat battle is "Donald Sings the Blues." This is referring to the first rule:

1. You must take a sample of Donald Trump speaking and pitch it around to create melodic content. I guess melodic content means there are at least a few notes.

2. You have to make it PRETTY. Pretend you just brought a person you are developing feelings for to your room for the first time, and they just asked you "Why do you have so many keyboards?" No explanation will do, you have to show them something eye wateringly beautiful.

3. Use some clicky "micro" percussion. A great example is the Bjork track "cacoon." Google that ish.

Other than that, go to town.. any style, tempo..

DEADLINES: (I just realized I screwed up the schedule.. oops)

lets go til... the 9th? And we'll try to get voting wrapped up by the 11th and maybe get a new one up that day.

btw, at first I thought this subject might be too USA-centric, but then I decided that making fun of Donald Trump surely has universal appeal.

Last edited by mnkvolcno; 29-02-2016 at 10:50 PM..

Advertisements

mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
Re: Beat Battle 27: Donald Sings the Blues

Also, I accidentally recorded my guitar with a hi-pass filter on it.. Sorrrry. Never recorded myself warming up before. My ADD is worse than I thought :/
Old 29-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1832827

Great. Will isten to samples after little ones asleep!

Anything is good, it's all good.
Nice rools, going to be challenging and interesting.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 10:41 PM   #4
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210

Mr. guy there can only be three rulez I quit :badger:

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 10:48 PM   #5
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992030
Thanked 4,036 Times in 2,615 Posts

nooooooooooooooo I don't want that guy anywhere in my computer space

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2016, 10:50 PM   #6
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
Pretend you just brought a person you are developing feelings for to your room for the first time, and they just asked you "Why do you have so many keyboards?" No explanation will do, you have to show them something eye wateringly beautiful.
"oh you make music? <3<3

"wait, you make music using Donald Drumpf samples?...

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Thanks to Lug
mnkvolcno (29-02-2016)
Old 29-02-2016, 10:53 PM   #7
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
Mr. guy there can only be three rulez I quit :badger:
Lulz. Ok rule 4 deleted. You may now produce a 20 second long track if you wish.
Old 29-02-2016, 10:55 PM   #8
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
"oh you make music? <3<3

"wait, you make music using Donald Drumpf samples?...

"Wait wait!!! I CAN EXPLAIN!!"
Thanks to mnkvolcno
thom (29-02-2016)
Old 29-02-2016, 10:56 PM   #9
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

"A person on the internet made me do it!!"
Old 29-02-2016, 11:09 PM   #10
Lug
Soxdix

a lot of usable material in this sample pack; should be easy enough!

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 29-02-2016, 11:13 PM   #11
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC

The fourth rule is fine imo, as well as there being a fourth rule, I'm not that stringent.

------------------

Old 29-02-2016, 11:19 PM   #12
Lug
Soxdix

we know you are man, don't lie. it's ok, we like you anyway. we tolerate you.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 01-03-2016, 04:02 AM   #13
Tsachi
i don't understand

Th-thank you senpai Q_Q

------------------

Old 01-03-2016, 07:24 AM   #14
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

hey guiyz u should put a link off up in your sigs.

------------------
Old 02-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #15
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC
MC Status: 12446433

There's a lot of Donald online. I'm trying to decide between modern, political Donald or some of his older, much weirder stuff. I was hoping to find him singing without music in the background, but I couldn't find that. I did find one musical number by the Donald, though. Strange guy.

------------------
surgeongeneral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to surgeongeneral
mnkvolcno (03-03-2016)
Old 03-03-2016, 08:45 AM   #16
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

nice.. really digging for Donald samples that's what I want to hear.

I haven't started yet :/ too many things that aren't making music going on.

I will have one tho.. mark my words.

------------------
Old 03-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #17
Lug
Soxdix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
1. You must take a sample of Donald Trump speaking and pitch it around to create melodic content. I guess melodic content means there are at least a few notes.
so it's like a "auto-tune the news" video?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 04-03-2016, 04:43 AM   #18
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
so it's like a "auto-tune the news" video?
If you want it to be.

Or you could time stretch it to where each words is like 5 seconds long..

It's whatevs

------------------
Old 04-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #19
Lug
Soxdix

I recorded some stuff yesterday, and ended up doing something totally different, not bb related. Good times anyways!

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Thanks to Lug
Skrillex (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 03:31 PM   #20
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

yay! three cheeers for electronic music!

hip hip.. hooray!

hip hip..

ah fuck it

Advertisements

------------------