Beat BAttle TWENty sEx
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-15-2016, 03:04 AM   #1
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8010
Beat BAttle TWENty sEx

Quote:
THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday. Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day (tuesday). Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day (thursday). The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (friday) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

All times are UTC.
The Samples

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

The Rules
  1. Use Preverb, AKA reverse reverb, AKA reverse something, put reverb on it, then reverse it again so the tail of the reverb plays first. Only one thing has to have it but do it as much as you want.
  2. Gotta record your own voice and put it in the track. Any recording method is allowed. It can be any sound you make with your mouth, barring overtly percussive sounds because there's already drums for you to use. It can be words, it can be just vowels, some humming, some shouts, etc.
  3. You have to masturbate while making the track at least once
  4. ...Forget that last one. How about, the song has to be longer than three minutes?
The Deadlimes

I honestly don't know or care??? Like, the 25th because this went up late.
Happy Valentine's day from the states!

Last edited by Tsachi; 02-15-2016 at 03:16 AM..

Advertisements

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1820477
Re: Beat BAttle TWENty sEx

Thanks Tscahi

Voice tends to veer people away, but Im not vane so a few chortles will find their way in, or people could use roboblather for vocals

Note too sure about #3 so skipping to 4!

Last edited by MFXxx; 02-15-2016 at 05:33 PM..

------------------
...from the adventures of IDM Forum collaborations and community projects.

Warning: DO NOT Press the Panda...even though you know you want too!!!
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC
MC Status: 12445983

Alright, I'm going to try to make an effort on this one. It's been too long.

#beatbattlesquad

------------------
surgeongeneral is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:25 PM   #4
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80985530
Thanked 3,906 Times in 2,541 Posts

if some of you can't record or don't want to record their voices, maybe you can use something out of this piece of hard work

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #5
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond reputeTsachi has a reputation beyond repute

That is disgusting

------------------

Old 02-15-2016, 10:34 PM   #6
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
if some of you can't record or don't want to record their voices, maybe you can use something out of this piece of hard work
Its amazing how hard it is to get of a pair of leather skin hugging trousers after a good night out!!?

------------------

Old 02-15-2016, 10:37 PM   #7
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC

I guess it is

Last edited by Lug; 02-16-2016 at 08:37 PM..

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 02-18-2016, 05:11 PM   #8
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59126926

You guys rock.

I'll be back soon, turns out finding a decent apartment at a decent price was harder than it used to.
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:17 PM   #9
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 24810

I've never done this before. How out there are we allowed to get with the sound design with the samples? Are they supposed to still be recognizable.

I'll probably kill two birds with one stone and mic myself up while I rub one out.
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:28 PM   #10
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59126926

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
I've never done this before. How out there are we allowed to get with the sound design with the samples? Are they supposed to still be recognizable.

I'll probably kill two birds with one stone and mic myself up while I rub one out.
as far out there as you wish, nope, and that's the spirit
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:04 PM   #11
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer
surgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MCsurgeongeneral is a savage MC

Downloaded the sample packs and then my battle track suffered a huge setback. I unexpectedly got an opportunity to play a 15 minute original set opening for Kid Koala in an art gallery tomorrow. Random as fuck. I've only played a PA set live once and that was like 5 - 6 years ago so I'm hustling to get that together. It's going to be a hot mess.

------------------
Old 02-19-2016, 12:30 AM   #12
Tsachi
i don't understand

Dude that sounds killer! Focus on your live set definitely.

------------------

Thanks to Tsachi
surgeongeneral (02-19-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 01:01 AM   #13
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 24810

So, anybody working this?

I did today. It's going pretty good I reckon. Pretty goofy
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:14 AM   #14
Tsachi
i don't understand

Yeah mine is coming along

------------------

Old 02-22-2016, 04:10 AM   #15
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262785979
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,769 Posts

I like the voice rule and may contribute because of it
Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mindsweeper
Tsachi (02-23-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #16
surgeongeneral
Eternal Echoer

Update/tangent: My opening set was OK, but HOLY SHIT, if you can see Nufonia Must Fall by Kid Koala, DO IT. It was one of the most amazing live performances I've ever seen in my life. I've never seen anything else remotely like it. Check the tour dates and if you can go, you should absolutely go. Trust me.

------------------
Thanks to surgeongeneral
Tsachi (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 07:43 PM   #17
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262785979
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,769 Posts

aaaaah I got sick and now my voice is fucked up

HEAL YOURSELF VOICEBOX YOU DICK I NEED TO RECORD YOU
Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #18
Lug
Soxdix

meh, a creaky voice will probably do you know

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 02-24-2016, 03:02 AM   #19
Tsachi
i don't understand

very true, use any quality of voice with any means of recording.

------------------

Old 02-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #20
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Not had a lot of time, but starting tonight and will gather something by submission time regardless, even if just 1 min of me rambling !

Advertisements

------------------