Wireless audio transmitter/receiver
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #1
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13410
Wireless audio transmitter/receiver

Hey guys,
Lately I have been wanting to set up one of my old stereo systems in my living room and want to be able to wirelessly transmit audio from my studio space so I can listen to music on my couch without having to burn cds or use an mp3 player. I've noticed a lot of devices that are available today accomplish this task via bluetooth or devices on a shared wifi network. I'm trying to find something that has more of a late 90's vibe so I can incorporate some of my older sound equipment and leave the computers and mobile devices out the equation. I've found a device on ebay that transmits composite cable information over a 2.4ghz signal. The downside is, I can't seem to find any reviews on the device. Long story Long, I was wondering if any of you cats use a similar device at home, and if so, how do you like it?

Advertisements

vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155710
Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,319 Posts
Re: Wireless audio transmitter/receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashima View Post
Hey guys,
Lately I have been wanting to set up one of my old stereo systems in my living room and want to be able to wirelessly transmit audio from my studio space so I can listen to music on my couch without having to burn cds or use an mp3 player. I've noticed a lot of devices that are available today accomplish this task via bluetooth or devices on a shared wifi network. I'm trying to find something that has more of a late 90's vibe so I can incorporate some of my older sound equipment and leave the computers and mobile devices out the equation. I've found a device on ebay that transmits composite cable information over a 2.4ghz signal. The downside is, I can't seem to find any reviews on the device. Long story Long, I was wondering if any of you cats use a similar device at home, and if so, how do you like it?

Not really sure, tbh, Vash, but if looks aren't important, then perhaps you could jimmy-rig a set of wireless radio headphones..you know..the kind that have a base you plug into whatever and then the headphones receive the signal up to about 100 feet away or something like that. I'm guessing it would be possible to Transplant" the receiver in headphones into you stereo..

That said, you're really pushing it a bit by taking the PC out off the picture, as the kind of tech to do this basically came about with the PC. I know there's some software you can get that lets you do just this..comes in a basic free version and higher paid versions, depending on what you want and need to do.

I can't think of it off the top of my head, but I can hunt it down if your interested in it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
vashima (02-16-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 12:36 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155710
Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,319 Posts

Following on my last post..here's a few links that list a number of streaming services/software..some free..some fee-based..

http://www.shoutcheap.com/what-broad...t-and-icecast/

http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Software/Audio_Streaming/

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/set-up...o-station-free

..and if you use an iPhone, then maybe that is a route you could explore..

https://tvvj.wordpress.com/2011/03/3...-broadcasting/

Hope you find something here helpful.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
vashima (02-16-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #4
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 16760

chromecast 2/chromecast audio
joem is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
vashima (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 09:42 PM   #5
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13410

thanks guys! I will look into these for sure.

Advertisements

vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote