Greatest drum and bass DJ?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Breakcore / Breakbeat / Drum & Bass Discussion of music similar to Noisia, Amon Tobin, Venetian Snares, Prodigy.

Old 29-01-2016, 12:19 AM   #1
Martin1
Learning The Ropes
Martin1 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Greatest drum and bass DJ?

whos the best drum and bass dj?

Advertisements

Martin1 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 01:07 AM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538780
Thanked 6,957 Times in 4,949 Posts
Re: greatest drum and bass dj

every festival flier ever: AND A 4 HOUR SET BY ANDY C

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 02:27 AM   #3
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903409
Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,109 Posts

There's a best one? I couldn't pick. Grooverider, Goldie, LTJ Bukem, Roni Size, DJ Zuv, Andy C, DBBC (or anyone from Valve), Shadow, Hype... And fuck dude, I'm still in the popularised intelligent drum and bass realm. I haven't even gotten to tech-step or krachmacher or any of the REAL D&B sounds.

You need to be more specific.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 02:53 AM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Mampi Swift. Dillinja. Reid Speed.

------------------
Thanks to relic
Jaded (29-01-2016)
Old 29-01-2016, 04:05 AM   #5
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC

DILLINJA! Fuck man, all of this talk of drum and bass DJ's is conjuring up memories of shit cunt Melbourne MC's dropping lyrics like "Move your waist line to the bassline, Absolutely wicked!"

Old 29-01-2016, 04:11 AM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
DILLINJA! Fuck man, all of this talk of drum and bass DJ's is conjuring up memories of shit cunt Melbourne MC's dropping lyrics like "Move your waist line to the bassline, Absolutely wicked!"

Maybe its because I'm American, but generally speaking I always thought MCs were the worst part of DnB/Jungle. They mostly come off as guys who couldn't make it in the rap game just spitting gibberish over what is usually a brilliant mix and then ruining the vibe and flow by calling for a rewind.

------------------
Old 29-01-2016, 05:24 AM   #7
oDDgOD
Soundscaper
oDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond reputeoDDgOD has a reputation beyond repute
Colorado Springs, CO
MC Status: 5660

Humptyvission

------------------
Anybody can be good at something but it takes real effort to suck as bad as I do.
oDDgOD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 07:37 AM   #8
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Maybe its because I'm American, but generally speaking I always thought MCs were the worst part of DnB/Jungle. They mostly come off as guys who couldn't make it in the rap game just spitting gibberish over what is usually a brilliant mix and then ruining the vibe and flow by calling for a rewind.
Outside of UK MC's yeah, they suck.

Fuck this thread is taking my back to my teenage drum and bass solja days!
Thanks to Jaded
relic (28-08-2016)
Old 29-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #9
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Check the scratches in the first breakdown... rewind much bruz?

What bout Shy FX?

Forgot how conducive this music is to chugging beers... Sorry neighbours.

"Here I am, 20 years old and I've just written the greatest drum and bass album that will ever be made."

Whoops, wrong side...

True playahaaahaaaz!

Makes me feel dirty just listening to it...

And fuck it, I'm done if I keep rolling on the D&B I'm gonna have to get on the pingas or something!

[edit] Fuck it you gotta finish with the obligatory double Kosheen special for the ladies.

[/edit]

Last edited by Jaded; 29-01-2016 at 08:08 AM..
Old 01-02-2016, 02:46 AM   #11
Jaded
Total mad cunt

How could I forget Dom and Roland! Bless!
Thanks to Jaded
Crude_beats (01-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 04:48 AM   #12
Audilepsy
Minor Glitch
Audilepsy will become famous soon enough
Michigan
MC Status: 60

One of my personal favorites would have to be Otto Von Schirach, I saw his live stream at the boiler room. it was insane... and then anklepants played.. it was fucking weird but awesome at the same time haha
Audilepsy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 03:18 PM   #13
Kutkh_Jackdaw
Granular Poster
Kutkh_Jackdaw has a spectacular aura aboutKutkh_Jackdaw has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

dBridge for me is a wicked dj. He has the ability to play a variety of styles, but always manages to pull it off. Also love that he plays Autonomic stuff in a club.
Kutkh_Jackdaw is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #14
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutkh_Jackdaw View Post
dBridge for me is a wicked dj. He has the ability to play a variety of styles, but always manages to pull it off. Also love that he plays Autonomic stuff in a club.
Yea dBridge is generally pretty awesome

------------------
Old 28-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #15
NeuralPunk
Old skool lurka
NeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MC
Ruins of a fallen empire.
MC Status: 231093978
Re: Greatest drum and bass DJ?

Break is probably my fave (consistently, think a way less cheesy Andy C).

Although I've seen amazing sets from Zinc, Craze, Technical Itch, Limewax, Dom & Roland and D-Bridge; a few of those guys I've seen a couple of times and they've always been good.

Edit: I'll add Hydro, War, Total Science, LTJ Bukem (back in the day) and Marky (when he is not being a cheesebag), Fierce and Randall to the list

Last edited by NeuralPunk; 17-02-2017 at 04:23 PM..

------------------
NeuralPunk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:01 AM   #16
EasternSoul
Regular Freak
EasternSoul is currently spamming hard
Connecticut/New York, United States
MC Status: 10

I would have to say that LTJ Bukem, Blame, JMajik, Calibre, POTD, DJ. Hype, Andy C, and, A-SIDES are probably the best I have ever seen. They are very consistent! Of course there are so many more to mention.
EasternSoul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:55 PM   #17
Bruzy
Granular Poster
Bruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really nice
MC Status: 360

haha pendulum
Bruzy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 12:02 AM   #18
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzy View Post
haha pendulum
:problemofficer:
Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 01:38 AM   #19
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9860

ME
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 04:24 PM   #20
NeuralPunk
Old skool lurka
NeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MCNeuralPunk is a savage MC
Ruins of a fallen empire.
MC Status: 231093978

Quote:
Originally Posted by totes antenna View Post
ME
Prove...

Advertisements

------------------
NeuralPunk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote