Arrhythmic + Rhythmic sections in same song
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Old 17-01-2016, 02:02 AM   #1
sarahraptor
Learning The Ropes
sarahraptor is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Arrhythmic + Rhythmic sections in same song

I'm a dancer looking for resources to music artists/online sources that contain both rhythmic and arrhythmic moments in the same song.
I want to do a piece where there a free-feeling moments with a more ambient and supportive feel and then other moments of drive in the same recording.
Anyone know of any good resources to find music like this? I'm looking for a harder sound, and when the beat is present for it to sound very deep and hard. I'm trying to avoid higher-pitch sounds or "tinkling" sounds even in the ambient moments.

Thanks!

Advertisements

sarahraptor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: unmetered + metered, ambient + bass, hard-hitting techno
Old 17-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992030
Thanked 4,036 Times in 2,615 Posts
Re: Arrhythmic + Rhythmic sections in same song

do you have at least one example of something that comes close to what you're looking for?

it's very common for electronic music to be built around a beatless intro, a drop into the main beat, a breakdown, and a repetition of the catch. Is this the kind of structure you're looking for?

what do you think of this?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 12:20 AM   #3
sarahraptor
Learning The Ropes
sarahraptor is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Arrhythmic + Rhythmic sections in same song

Lug,
thanks for your response! That song you sent I will definitely find and download since it reflects the metered and unmetered style. However for this proj in particular I'm looking for something with a different mood; this one is a bit dark. When I originally came up with choreography I danced it to Feel Good by the Gorillaz. (Again, I'm not using that piece of music though because it is a bit too driven all the time). However when the beat is present I would prefer a deeper and heavier sound than in the song you sent.
The forum won't let me post links, but the instrumental to the song "cosmos" by TATU is a little closer.
Thanks for leading me to this band, though, I'm looking at their other stuff and it's definitely the structure I'm looking for and I do like the overall sound. Thier song "Rios" is closer!

Last edited by sarahraptor; 20-01-2016 at 12:31 AM..

Advertisements

sarahraptor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote