Dope New EQ
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 27-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
babybrown
Minor Glitch
babybrown has a spectacular aura aboutbabybrown has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Dope New EQ

Acustica. Boom.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

babybrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts
Re: Dope New EQ

Video1:

Video2:

These videos are LOL material. Nothing beats an ancient Egypt EQ.

I've never really understood the hype. Someone enlighten me. FIR or IIR EQ?
edit: Ok. So it seems to be an emulation of Klein & Hummel UE1000 (greatest EQ ever built?). Will be interesting to see how it behaves. I'm still not convinced. Cheesy videos are cheesy.

Last edited by Evelon; 27-12-2015 at 06:24 PM..

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21310

If I remember correctly, FIR (Finite Impulse Response, also called linear phase) EQs minimize phase distortion by delaying the whole signal going into the EQ an equal amount. Phase distortion isn't a big deal if the EQ is static, but if, like me, you use EQs as filters sidechained to other instruments for ducking, it can be a problem. Unfortunately, you now have delay to contend with and pre-delay ringing artifacts. I use the free four band version of SonEq, and Marvel GEQ is another example.
IIR (Infinite Impulse Response, or minimum phase EQ) on the other hand, is what I think most EQs are based on. They don't care about phase, so the harder you boost or cut particular frequencies, the more out of phase they get with frequencies passing through unfiltered. This is due to the time it takes for the filter to do it's job. There's less delay, and post-delay ringing artifacts (which are masked by the actual sound, unlike the pre-delay artifacts mentioned earlier). The EQs in all the izotope stuff, as far as I know, are minimum phase, as are fruity parametric eq, son eq, TDRVOS Slick EQ, etc.
I double-checked myself here, in case you want to read more:
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
vashima (04-10-2016)
Old 27-12-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
babybrown
Minor Glitch
babybrown has a spectacular aura aboutbabybrown has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Video1:

Video2:

These videos are LOL material. Nothing beats an ancient Egypt EQ.

I've never really understood the hype. Someone enlighten me. FIR or IIR EQ?
edit: Ok. So it seems to be an emulation of Klein & Hummel UE1000 (greatest EQ ever built?). Will be interesting to see how it behaves. I'm still not convinced. Cheesy videos are cheesy.
Nice. I downloaded a demo and so far I dig it. It is going to take a little brainpower though as it is a highly unusual layout.

Nothing wrong with a some tongue-in-cheek histrionics re the videos says I!
babybrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 12:39 AM   #5
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont
MC Status: 4837848

Why should I take the simplest plugin I use and make it as complicated as possible? These days I want an eq with less, not more. 1k, 2.5k, 5k, high and low shelf and high and low pass.

------------------
My latest work:
TheWizar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 12:48 AM   #6
Opium
Microknight
Opium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud of
Strasbourg, France
MC Status: 1210

I've always thought that the purpose of an equalizer is to make the work as simple as possible, which doesn't seem to be the case here. I went and checked their website but no real specs appear, which is not reassuring.

Still, if you want an easy to use EQ with some light additional features, you should consider the AirEQ by Eosis. This is the only one that I use alongside my Pro-Q.

------------------
Opium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 01:09 AM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627

The sales pitch is great, the product looks over complicated for an eq. I am sure there's many out there will maximise it's potential, I find the ancient egyptian depiction in the promo video (
) sums up the hieroglyphics of the interface at a quick glance perfectly!

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 01:21 AM   #8
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 154510
Thanked 3,090 Times in 1,856 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybrown View Post
Nice. I downloaded a demo and so far I dig it. It is going to take a little brainpower though as it is a highly unusual layout.

Nothing wrong with a some tongue-in-cheek histrionics re the videos says I!
You mean it's not a joke?? lol

V2 will have flying saucers on it and all the knobs will be David Icke faces.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 04:41 AM   #9
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Is this like the sausage fattener, but more reptilian?
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
thom (28-12-2015)
Old 28-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #10
Monkey P.
Analog Lurker
Monkey P. has much to be proud ofMonkey P. has much to be proud ofMonkey P. has much to be proud ofMonkey P. has much to be proud ofMonkey P. has much to be proud ofMonkey P. has much to be proud ofMonkey P. has much to be proud ofMonkey P. has much to be proud ofMonkey P. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160

If the product is as good as the trailer: 10/10 Would totally buy. But it looks overly complicated and for my EQ purposes I like to use parametric EQ's.

------------------
Monkey P. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 11:32 AM   #11
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 117360
Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,372 Posts

no spectrum display with click and drag option? ewww gross

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #12
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25960

lol ummm
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #13
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 117360
Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,372 Posts

I've read that this eq is based on blueprints that were found in secret room of Tutankhamun's tomb. Truly a vintage gem.

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #14
EKmixmaster
Regular Freak
EKmixmaster will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

mmm... guys what's that EQ about?
EKmixmaster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 05:15 AM   #15
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210

Well, folks were ripping on it because of its strange parameters, Egyptian themed GUI, and uninformative promo videos.

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2016, 06:59 AM   #16
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25960

I'll tell you what... their other new eq.. navy eq I think? is probably the best software eq I've ever heard. I demoed it and it absolutely murdered my cpu, but boy did it sound good.

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 08:47 PM   #17
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210

o rly I'll go check it out

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:16 AM   #18
Jimjimmy
Minor Glitch
Jimjimmy will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60