Looking for a specific type of VST host for mac similar too...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 26-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 525520
Looking for a specific type of VST host for mac similar too...

In serious need of a vst host similar to XLUTOP's Chainer.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

What it needs to be able to do, is load up vst and vsti and have the ability to export all key notes, with setting for decay/length/time if possible. As if I was hitting each note myself and recording them into seperate files named per key note.

Chainer did this amazingly, then I stopped using it as my productions went in a different direction. Now I'm on Mac, chainer is only PC and I'm desperately needing something similar on my Mac.

I'd rather not use a seperate computer, with having to deal with installs of all my software and authorization world war...

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 01:41 AM   #2
Greenstorm33
Regular Freak
Greenstorm33 is a jewel in the roughGreenstorm33 is a jewel in the roughGreenstorm33 is a jewel in the roughGreenstorm33 is a jewel in the rough
Pennsylvania
MC Status: 310
Re: Looking for a specific type of VST host for mac similar too...

Renoise will let you sample down instruments like that (with user-specified note ranges, hold times, etc.). Unfortunately I don't think you can sample an instrument with its FX chain, so you'd need something similar to DDMF's metaplugin (so that you can load what is actually an instrument + effects in one vsti slot in Renoise) to really get the functionality you want. If you're up for it, it might also be worth seeing if Chainer will run on Mac under Wine.
Greenstorm33 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 03:37 AM   #3
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 23010

I am not sure I see what it can do that racks in live can't?

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 04:50 AM   #4
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
I am not sure I see what it can do that racks in live can't?
As far as I know you cannot just drop in a vst instrument in a rack, and then go to lives preferences and choose an option to export all notes automatically to seperate files named per key, incorporating also the FX chain.

I could be wrong, but I've been using using live for around 10 years or so.

If I'm wrong, could you take a moment to explain how I could accomplish this in Live using racks?

Last edited by agent; 27-11-2015 at 04:56 AM..
Old 27-11-2015, 05:04 AM   #5
agent
Deep Underground
SEATTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstorm33 View Post
Renoise will let you sample down instruments like that (with user-specified note ranges, hold times, etc.). Unfortunately I don't think you can sample an instrument with its FX chain, so you'd need something similar to DDMF's metaplugin (so that you can load what is actually an instrument + effects in one vsti slot in Renoise) to really get the functionality you want. If you're up for it, it might also be worth seeing if Chainer will run on Mac under Wine.
I would assume I could use, Bidule instead of metaplugin for vst hosting.

I want to make sure tho, that everyone knows, I'm looking for something that exports notes automatically without any midi impute whether by hand or notes in a piano editor.

The device, like chainer does, needs to automatically export all notes along with the name of each note being encorperated into the file name

Thanks
Old 27-11-2015, 05:13 AM   #6
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 23010

My bad, never heard of anything that does that!
What's the interest? Resampling?

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 06:58 AM   #7
agent
Deep Underground
SEATTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
My bad, never heard of anything that does that!
What's the interest? Resampling?
Yes for sampling purposes. Chainer can do this but Windows only.

I have a fully loaded studio PC I was planning on selling but might keep and use for running chainer and a fail safe if my Mac goes bonkers and dies..

But as far as workflow goes, I'd rather not have a dedicated computer for one specific task, like this.
Old 27-11-2015, 10:36 PM   #8
agent
Deep Underground
SEATTLE

I decided to reach out to the maker's of Chainer, who informed me of another VST by DiscoDSP, called Bliss.

Its in Beta now at a lower price than when its done being developed.

It gets me about 95% of the way there, if I can load Plogue's Bidule into it so as to load other VSTs/effects which can also be samples, then I'm gonna be one happy boy for the holidays!!

info for Bliss if anyone is interested.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements