[Ambient IDM beats] Brainoid - Trinal
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-24-2015, 03:45 AM   #1
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38797
[Ambient IDM beats] Brainoid - Trinal

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Bleeps from my monotribe this time.

Advertisements

------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient IDM beats] Brainoid - Trinal.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:48 AM   #2
DotDotDotEllipsis
Minor Glitch
DotDotDotEllipsis is a jewel in the roughDotDotDotEllipsis is a jewel in the roughDotDotDotEllipsis is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Re: [Ambient IDM beats] Brainoid- Trinal

I'm really digging this track, but it lacks progression. I expect it to get bigger, or at least go somewhere, but it essentially repeats the same patterns with little diversity. At 3:00 you could increase the high frequency content quite a bit without anything being grating.
DotDotDotEllipsis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:56 AM   #3
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC

I might move the upcoming higher melody stuff there and then expand to something more with the melody.

Last edited by Mctoast; 11-24-2015 at 07:02 AM..

------------------
Old 11-24-2015, 07:17 AM   #4
DotDotDotEllipsis
Minor Glitch
DotDotDotEllipsis is a jewel in the roughDotDotDotEllipsis is a jewel in the roughDotDotDotEllipsis is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Also, your drums don't have to stay so lowpassed. Raise those high frequencies or it's just the same thing. (I love the snare, by the way.)
DotDotDotEllipsis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #5
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt

I gave it a bit variation and the similar, updated the link. Thanks for the helpful comment.

Idk if you meant to change the drums when the new part comes, but I didn't really find anything that fit better.

Last edited by Mctoast; 11-24-2015 at 07:34 PM..

------------------
Old 11-29-2015, 07:58 AM   #6
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 42360

I'm really digging the vibe and the sound design. Not much I'd change, except more syncopation on the beat. You have some breaks in there, but Have you thought about taking a page from the D&B playbook and just add more variation. Almost a bit like some of the Autechre stuff I know you dig. Loop and cut, repeat and reverse that kind of stuff. Of course it gets a bit jittery at some point, but it'd be a nice fit.

Really like where this is at and I think it still has some steam to go the extra mile.

Thanks for sharing!

Andy

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #7
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt

You're right, I forgot to add variation to the drums. just basic variations would of worked good I think, changing the pattern even a bit and whatnot. Thanks for the good comment!

------------------
Old 11-23-2016, 07:09 AM   #8
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9710
Re: [Ambient IDM beats] Brainoid - Trinal

i like your general style of doing things a whole lot.
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: shrooms apparently
Old 11-23-2016, 07:39 PM   #9
juventae
Regular Freak
juventae is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Trippy, heady vibes. Really like the drum beat, and think the lowpass on it works well here! Allows the floaty melodies & FX to sit on top of the percussion nicely. Mixing job is decent too.
juventae is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #10
Matech
Granular Poster
Matech has a spectacular aura aboutMatech has a spectacular aura aboutMatech has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

An actually good song. The kick seems a bit off (maybe too heavy) but other than that I think this is great.

Quality!
Matech is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #11
pavleas
Microknight
pavleas is just really nicepavleas is just really nicepavleas is just really nicepavleas is just really nice
Athens
MC Status: 360

It's trippy af!! I'm not good enough to give good tips, but the mixing sounds really nice to my ears. Plus I really like the drums, i don't think it's about good or bad rather than personal taste. Since the sound isn't distorting in places it shouldn't, it's about taste in my opinion. Keep the good work up brother cheers from Greece <3

------------------
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
https://soundcloud.com/pavleas/nosferatu
pavleas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #12
kurasshu
Regular Freak
kurasshu will become famous soon enough
Brandenburg
MC Status: 60

Nice! Very chilled Sounds