Reason: how do I record a bassline to a Rex loop?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 51260
Thanked 1,025 Times in 759 Posts
Reason: how do I record a bassline to a Rex loop?

Fellow Reason users,

I was trying to use the record function in the sequencer to record a baseline into a Rex loop.

I selected the bars and set them to loop and enabled a Dr Octo Rex to record. Soloed both the baseline and the Octo and hit record. Problem: the new lane does not contain a wav, but remains empty. I seem to recall a YouTube video demonstrating this, but I cannot even find that video again. Can you please help me out and kindly let me know how to do this, or preferably point me to a video tutorial?

I am sure this can be done by exporting as wav and re-importing as such, but that seems like more of a workaround. Is there a way to directly record to wav a section of your track within the sequencer?

Thanks for your help,

Andy

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 51260
Thanked 1,025 Times in 759 Posts
Re: Reason: how do I record a bassline to a Rex loop?

Here is how you do it: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Cheers,

Andy

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote