Ambient with Spoken Word Suggestions
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 07-07-2015, 12:23 AM   #1
mookster
peripheral being
mookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MC
The Moon
MC Status: 232876053
Thanked 1,199 Times in 793 Posts
Ambient with Spoken Word Suggestions

One of my favourite kinds of ambient music is the sort which utilises spoken word pieces/samples in their makeup, like this which features a sample from the short film about Voyager I & II called 'The Voyagers'

Anyone have any suggestions for songs/artists who create similar stuff?

Advertisements

------------------
mookster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mookster
A.M (05-11-2016)
Old 07-07-2015, 05:27 AM   #2
Ṣalim
Minor Glitch
Ṣalim will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Ambient with Spoken Word Suggestions

Loscil - The Making of Grief Point
Ṣalim is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
Hippy_nuke
Minor Glitch
Hippy_nuke will become famous soon enoughHippy_nuke will become famous soon enough
East Oregon
MC Status: 110

I love that sound, thank you for sharing mookster.
Hippy_nuke is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:45 PM   #4
mookster
peripheral being
mookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MC
The Moon
MC Status: 232876053
Thanked 1,199 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy_nuke View Post
I love that sound, thank you for sharing mookster.
If you liked that one check this out, sadly it's not on Youtube or anywhere else I can find.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
mookster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #5
Esten Toreo
Microknight
Esten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to beholdEsten Toreo is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

Not really like what you played but the first three minutes of this you might think are cool. Really dark.

------------------
Industrial Glitch-Hop Psychofunk?

Esten Toreo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #6
Hippy_nuke
Minor Glitch
Hippy_nuke will become famous soon enoughHippy_nuke will become famous soon enough
East Oregon

They're both really nice. I love minimalism, Slow paced spacey songs with the feeling of being down. It feels like my mind is on opium. A feeling of numbness. The narration at the end is deep as well.
Hippy_nuke is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:08 PM   #7
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89278673
Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,164 Posts

Not sure if this is what you're looking for... but anyway

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:04 PM   #8
Trinkkets
Learning The Ropes
Trinkkets will become famous soon enough

More on the darkside of things, but here's a few of my favorites
The Bug - At War With Time (Ft. spaceape)
If you don't know spaceape (rip) check out his work with burial and kode9 too.
Dean Blunt - Trident
Clipping - real
Clipping - dream
Trinkkets is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:32 AM   #9
Xux
Regular Freak
Xux is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Hello !

With spoken voice, my favorite is an old one :
* Ash Ra Tempel : Jenseits (on the album Join Inn - 1972)
And I like the lyrics. If someone is interested, I can post them in German (original) and the English translation.
The tune is on YT.

Another record with spoken voice that I like is this one :
* Dajuin Yao : Cinnabar red drizzle
With drones, traditionnal instruments, rain noise and chinese girl speaking in mandarin...
There is a tune on YT, but without voice...

And also :
* Bad sector : Kosmodrom

Last edited by Xux; 10-01-2015 at 06:52 AM..
Xux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:39 PM   #10
trench
Master of the LFO
trench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MCtrench is a savage MC
west midlands
MC Status: 1105309

Check out my piece "if there is no god.....then why are we whispering" It' inthe listening booth now. 59 minutes long with quite a bit of spoken word samples.

------------------
IF THERE IS NO GOD.....................THEN WHY ARE WE WHISPERING ?

https://soundcloud.com/trench-2/if-t...-we-whispering i am the senior citizen of sound
trench is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to trench
A.M (05-11-2016)
Old 10-26-2015, 02:40 PM   #11
vx cheerleader
Microknight
vx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MC
MC Status: 39034

Lots of Lydia Lunch songs can fit into "ambient with spoken words".
Current 93 featuring poet Thomas Ligotti too, I guess.
And going back to old-school stuff... Hawkwind, anyone ? Check the spoken parts on Space Ritual Live or Warrior On The Edge Of Time.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
vx cheerleader is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:13 AM   #12
violetmasks
Analog Lurker
violetmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to beholdvioletmasks is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

Theres a record that Omar Rodriguez Lopez did titled Tychozorente which has a few tracks that feature spoken word poetry to ambient/psychedelic soundscapes and synths. It's pretty neat, I don't like all the tracks tho.
violetmasks is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to violetmasks
relic (01-19-2016)
Old 10-29-2015, 02:25 PM   #13
vx cheerleader
Microknight
vx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MC
MC Status: 39034

I think Omar Rodirguez Lopez worked with Lydia Lunch at some point, "Fantoms of spain" or something like that, I remember there were one or two very cool spoken words track.

------------------
vx cheerleader is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to vx cheerleader
relic (01-19-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #14
cccc07
Regular Freak
cccc07 will become famous soon enough

Cool links!!
cccc07 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:24 PM   #15
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8504580
Thanked 6,273 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmasks View Post
Theres a record that Omar Rodriguez Lopez did titled Tychozorente which has a few tracks that feature spoken word poetry to ambient/psychedelic soundscapes and synths. It's pretty neat, I don't like all the tracks tho.
No one likes every Omar Rodriguez Lopez track except Omar Rodriguez Lopez lol. But thanks...will check these out : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #16
Shintarou
Learning The Ropes
Shintarou will become famous soon enoughShintarou will become famous soon enough
Boise, Idaho

I hope this isn't too much of a necrobump, I wanted to offer these.

Shintarou is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Shintarou
A.M (05-11-2016)
Old 05-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #17
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 154160
Thanked 3,083 Times in 2,295 Posts

Kinda on topic here, but I've got this project on the slow-go that's very much this..ambient with spoken word pieces throughout. Thought I'd ask here if anyone knows of a good source of spoken word media, as you might not believe how hard it can be to source "quality" stuff for a project like this and get clearance to use it for the same.

Before anyone suggests it, I'm not talking about the likes of Freesounds or any other site like that, but more along the lines of public domain material..movies, docs and the likes. I'm more interested in the actual sites where you can find these files..I obviously have found some myself, but the more I can review the better, for obvious reasons.

If anyone has any suggestions or links, then please PM them to me..don't post them here..it would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Apologies for the mild thread hijack.

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #18
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 110210
Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Kinda on topic here, but I've got this project on the slow-go that's very much this..ambient with spoken word pieces throughout. Thought I'd ask here if anyone knows of a good source of spoken word media, as you might not believe how hard it can be to source "quality" stuff for a project like this and get clearance to use it for the same.

Before anyone suggests it, I'm not talking about the likes of Freesounds or any other site like that, but more along the lines of public domain material..movies, docs and the likes. I'm more interested in the actual sites where you can find these files..I obviously have found some myself, but the more I can review the better, for obvious reasons.

If anyone has any suggestions or links, then please PM them to me..don't post them here..it would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Apologies for the mild thread hijack.
Who's stopping you from just recording your own/someones else's voice while reading some sort of short story that could be even written by you? I don't see anything wrong with it, also it would be quite original and artsy af. Maybe you know someone who has a very articulate speech and nice voice. I mean, why not?

------------------
ms_ is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ms_
A.M (05-12-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 06:28 PM   #19
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 154160
Thanked 3,083 Times in 2,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
Who's stopping you from just recording your own/someones else's voice while reading some sort of short story that could be even written by you? I don't see anything wrong with it, also it would be quite original and artsy af. Maybe you know someone who has a very articulate speech and nice voice. I mean, why not?
Yeah..you're right, of course..it's just I don't think my voice is that interesting..plus I have a slight lisp, which is a bugger when it comes to trying to get a clear recording.

Plus, it would be a lot quicker to download something, rather than script something and then get together with somebody to record it.

But, yeah, the ideal would be to do it myself..just not really that practical in my case.

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:13 PM   #20
earthportal
Regular Freak
earthportal will become famous soon enough

[quote=Esten Toreo;1348048]Not really like what you played but the first three minutes of this you might think are cool. Really dark.

I love the way Godspeed uses spoken word in their tracks. Wish more artists would do this, although that's one of the things that make GYBE so unique.

Advertisements

earthportal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote