A shout out for MIDI files and samples
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 15-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts
A shout out for MIDI files and samples

I'm starting a project which, as I've already mentioned elsewhere, is based solely on working with files supplied by others. These files need to be "clean", meaning you own the rights to them and allow me to use them for this project.

I'm basically going to produce an ambient album and submit it to the IDMf Netlable for consideration for release by the same. It's going to be a community-based project in so far as what I end up with will depend totally on what I get passed on to me by you guys on here. Obviously anyone who gives me material to work with on this will be credited as part of this project.

I'm looking for midi files in particular..of any genre..but remember, you must have the right to pass them on to me and for me to use them in this project. In other words..no files you paid for or files you got from some place else..just stuff you, yourself, have produced. They can be old tracks or part tracks that you don't mind sharing..quality isn't a issue, as long as they are in midi format.

If you are up for this and can offer me something to work with, then please reply here or PM, letting me know. I'll post here once I have enough..so for everyone reading this, keep those midi files coming..and don't worry if you think they're total crap..they'll be good enough for what I want to do.

Thanks

Last edited by A.M; 16-05-2015 at 02:08 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Str8Jaketed (15-05-2015)
Old 15-05-2015, 06:42 PM   #2
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060
Re: A shout out for MIDI files and Samples

Nice man..see what I can dig up for it..nice mix and match of various do dads..

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Str8Jaketed
A.M (15-05-2015)
Old 15-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #3
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
Re: A shout out for MIDI files and Samples

Cheers, SJ..much appreciated.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Str8Jaketed (15-05-2015)
Old 15-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8528830
Thanked 6,758 Times in 4,815 Posts
Re: A shout out for MIDI files and samples

I'll try to have something for you ASAP. Sounds cool man. I didn't see that other thread until the day it got close : (

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (15-05-2015)
Old 15-05-2015, 09:57 PM   #5
A.M

Thanks, A..nice one.

Yeah..I let it up for nearly two weeks and even though there had been a few views, it got no replies..so I thought it best to close it and try over here in this section, which is the relevant section for what I'll be doing anyway.

The whole thing about this..and what made me want to do it is the thought of what kind of album I'd end up with, if all the tracks were determined by the material donated by other people, instead of my having the total creative freedom to do everything. This way I have to confine myself to what will be passed on to and work with those files instead, which should pose a few challenges..but I'm really stoked to see what I end up with in the end once I throw everything into the pot and mix em up a bit.

------------------
Old 15-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Its a great idea really. Especially because I imagine a lot of people will bounce you things from abandoned projects and such. So the pieces parts will have had a context and now are getting re purposed. The academic in me, though buried deep below a thick layer of seething dislike, is keen on the idea!

------------------
Thanks to relic
A.M (15-05-2015)
Old 15-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #7
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Its a great idea really. Especially because I imagine a lot of people will bounce you things from abandoned projects and such. So the pieces parts will have had a context and now are getting re purposed. The academic in me, though buried deep below a thick layer of seething dislike, is keen on the idea!
Exactly! It's the whole thing of getting totally unrelated material to work together..transforming things until you end up with something completely different from the original things you started out with in the first place; that's what appealed to me about this.

One thing is for sure..it's going to be fun.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (15-05-2015)
Old 15-05-2015, 11:27 PM   #8
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69880019

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
- 808 drums
- long potentially boring reichian thing

Last edited by brb; 15-05-2015 at 11:47 PM..

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to brb
A.M (16-05-2015)
Old 15-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #9
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262785979
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,769 Posts

I have some midis here although they aren't very ambient. I'll have to get you some chord progressions from songs I never finished later.

Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mindsweeper
A.M (16-05-2015)
Old 16-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #10
A.M

Thanks, man..really appreciate you donating these for this..thanks a million.

------------------
Old 16-05-2015, 12:07 AM   #11
A.M

Cheers..have em downloaded. Don't worry about em not being very ambient..they will be by the time I'm finished with them. Thanks for helping me out with this..nice one.

------------------
Old 22-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #12
A.M

My thanks again to everyone whose donated their stuff for this already..and a reminder to anyone reading this who hasn't..I'm still looking for material for this project, so it would be great if you could send me on a few midi files of any old thing you have sitting on your drive..doesn't matter what genre or style..all are very much appreciated.

------------------
Old 22-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #13
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Been pretty busy of late and this weekend is very booked up. But I'll try to send you some stuff ASAP.

------------------
Thanks to relic
A.M (22-05-2015)
Old 22-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #14
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Been pretty busy of late and this weekend is very booked up. But I'll try to send you some stuff ASAP.
Cheers, A..I will give whatever you send a nice new home.

------------------
Old 22-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #15
Dataf1ow
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47763802

Just posting so I get updates on this. Great idea! looking forward to seeing where it goes.

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Dataf1ow
A.M (22-05-2015)
Old 22-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #16
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataf1ow View Post
Just posting so I get updates on this. Great idea! looking forward to seeing where it goes.
I make no promises on the quality of the end result..this is purely EXPERIMENTAL.

Mind you, if I end up with some really nice tracks then that would be a plus..but I'm more interested in seeing how working on a project like this is going to differ in reality..compared to producing what I want myself.

Granted..I'm still going be mixing all of this together..but I'm limited in what I can produce to a certain extent by the material I have to start with. Still, it's going to be interesting to see how far I can take this and what I end up with in the end.

------------------
Old 22-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #17
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060

Can't wait to hear the mangles.

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Str8Jaketed
A.M (22-05-2015)
Old 22-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #18
Dataf1ow
Dataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MCDataf1ow is a savage MC
MC Status: 47763802

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I make no promises on the quality of the end result..this is purely EXPERIMENTAL.
I'm all about being experimental!

Some of my best work has come from restrictions I've placed on the music making process. It usually forces you to solve problems in ways that you wouldn't think of if you had complete freedom.

------------------
Dataf1ow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Dataf1ow
A.M (22-05-2015)
Old 22-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #19
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataf1ow View Post
I'm all about being experimental!

Some of my best work has come from restrictions I've placed on the music making process. It usually forces you to solve problems in ways that you wouldn't think of if you had complete freedom.
Yeah..or so I've read on here from other guys. I guess I just want to push myself a little out of what I'm used to, in order to see where it takes me and what I can learn from it along the way.

Time will tell, as they say.

Advertisements

------------------