Reaper and MIDI
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269454508
Thanked 2,618 Times in 1,769 Posts
Reaper and MIDI

I'm currently trying out Reaper, as both my guitarist and I have different daws, Reaper would be in the right price range for both of us to buy.

It seems really cool, but when it comes to midi, something odd happens.

I'm trying to send midi sync to my Elektron A4, but the tempo seem to fluctuate by about 2 bpms on each beat, thus making it unusable.

Any Reaper guru here that can help?

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:25 AM   #2
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060
Re: Reaper and MIDI

Have you used the MIDI output offset compensation at all Auto?..

If that does not you will need to set the E4 as the Master clock when recording then use a Tempo envelope to get it to match up if it drifts..Reapers sync tends to reset itself to the project tempo or offset afterwards...should be fixed by the next major update fixes.According to my Reaper source..

Advertisements

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote