Is the cut down version of Cubase worth it?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 18-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #1
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont
MC Status: 4837848
Is the cut down version of Cubase worth it?

Like that title says, is cubase essentials worth it? 48 tracks is far more than I ever use, but I'm kind of wondering how useful the per-note automation featured in the more expensive versions is. I have reason, so I don't need much in the way of vsts, but the midi editor in reason is pretty hard to use, especially if you're trying to do percussion.

Advertisements

------------------
My latest work:
TheWizar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8528830
Thanked 6,758 Times in 4,815 Posts
Re: Is the cut down version of cubase worth it?

If per-note automation is anything like parameter locks on Elektron gear that sounds pretty awesome IMO. Even though my DAW has pretty great automation options, I'd still love to have something that did p-locks

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #3
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17260

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
If per-note automation is anything like parameter locks on Elektron gear that sounds pretty awesome IMO. Even though my DAW has pretty great automation options, I'd still love to have something that did p-locks
not sure what parameter locks does on Elektron machines, but he's talking about per-note articulation, where you can do independent pitch bends or vibrato per note or specify if some note should be plucked and shit like that. i guess that's pretty awesome if you are working with some multi-sampled library of orchestral instruments and you need to get maximum realism out of that thing. personally, i've never used that feature (though maybe I should at least play around with it).
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8528830
Thanked 6,758 Times in 4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCoB View Post
not sure what parameter locks does on Elektron machines, but he's talking about per-note articulation, where you can do independent pitch bends or vibrato per note or specify if some note should be plucked and shit like that. i guess that's pretty awesome if you are working with some multi-sampled library of orchestral instruments and you need to get maximum realism out of that thing. personally, i've never used that feature (though maybe I should at least play around with it).
P locks are per step automation for FX and other things like panning, EQ, filters etc.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #5
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269454508
Thanked 2,618 Times in 1,769 Posts
Re: Is the cut down version of Cubase worth it?

With my rock band we're recording a demo on Cubase Essentials and had no issues at all

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote