Latencymon - Hard Page Faults - Live 9.1.7
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:24 AM   #1
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 525520
Latencymon - Hard Page Faults - Live 9.1.7

Anyone else using a tool like latencymon bc you're having issues with Live's CPU meter going bonkers, sound dropouts and notice you are getting crazy amounts of Hard Page Faults in live 9.1.7?

I'm running

MB: Asus M5a78L-M
CPU: AMD FX-8350 quad 4.0
RAM: 16GB

Everything is up to date.

I shouldn't be having any damn issues running live with this system. Decided on the AMD over the intel bc of many reviews stating it works better during heavy cpu loads in regards to rendering or live audio processing.

I've checked for viruses, and disabled all plugins and used just a clean slate template and still had issues. Also swapped between onboard soundcard and built in and no sound card and still having problems. It was suggested I select no paging file, did that and still issues, also that a power scheme could be the issue or over clocking, still having issues after swapping around all those possible configurations.

I'm at a loss to why this is happening and have done much looking around the net b4 I decided to post here.

I'm thinking about a clean install of live, though I have never done that to a system that is fully installed with a bazzilion plug-ins as my systems have always been stable.

Will I need to reauthorize all my plugins? Cuz at that point I might as well quit my job and move back into my mom's basement to spend 8 months to do so.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Advertisements

agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:17 AM   #2
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 525520
Re: Latencymon - Hard Page Faults - Live 9.1.7

Welp... just in case anyone cares and to save anyone else hours of bullshit... I think I tracked the issue down.

Seems that any thing that is regulating the CPU is not a good idea when dealing real time audio, whether that is in the BIOS or a software utility used to overclock or boost the CPU performance.

In my situation, I had been having issues since day one on this new system and it kept getting worse and worse... But I was tweaking shit like the AMD Catalyst CPU options and so on to find a remedy and of course making it worse.

At the end of the day I disabled all CPU "assisting" programs, anything and everything that had to do with CPU performance via the OS and Bios.

Now I'm good to go, with minimal page faults, which can be expected from time to time.

My CPU in live still hovers around 50% but seems stable from there on out... But thats another battle for another day

Advertisements

agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote