Is it worth getting an expensive keyboard?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-28-2015, 01:06 AM   #1
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 15460
Is it worth getting an expensive keyboard?

im looking at getting a new keyboard and i was looking at either the razor chroma stealth
or the corsair k70 rgb and was wondering apart from the back-lit keys are there so much better than say a keyboard for lesser money. (i do how ever like the fact that the stealth has supposed silent keys.)

Advertisements

joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
Stercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42346099
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,765 Posts
Re: is it worth getting an expensive keyboard

If its for gaming and you're serious about your gaming, Cherry Red keys are arguably more important than the actual brand using those contacts.

That said, the Corsair K70 is most excellent, I use one myself. Can't comment on the Razor Chroma as not used it.

If you're not mashing the shit out of your keyboard because you don't do gaming, then not sure its worth the cost.

Be aware that mechanical keyboards are noisy so if you're on voice comms a lot, push-to-talk becomes more important.

------------------
This mind intentionally blank.
Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #3
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
Re: Is it worth getting an expensive keyboard?

went for the chroma stealth
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...chroma-stealth
as i think it looks a lot nicer and from people i know who use say its a better all rounder and is dead silent.
Also dosent have a god awful henna tattoo with gaming underneath it on the keyboard lol.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:50 AM   #4
volterock
Analog Lurker
volterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MCvolterock is a savage MC
CA, USA
MC Status: 147029

that looks cool! If you ever use it during live events, the backlight will really help in the dark venues. I use a old Memorex. I mostly like it because of the short-cut buttons that control the speaker volume, cut/copy/paste buttons, etc. it makes things go quicker.

------------------
Let me blog you: http://volterock.com

Newest release:
volterock is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont
MC Status: 4837848

I actually like the blues more than the other ones. They have a nice tactile clicky point right toward the top of the key. Perfect for typing a lot.
The stealth has silent keys because it uses cherry mx browns. I tried a logitech keyboard with them at a store once. Didn't really think it was that great to be honest. Kind of similar feel to a rubber dome at 4x the cost.

It also depends if you have money just lying around. It certainly feels nice, but I would argue only the noisier keyboards actually are better.

A shorter keyboard goes a long way with fps games though, because you get more accuracy when you play with lower sensitivity on a mouse that can track really fast. Not having a number pad in the way is great for that.

------------------
My latest work:
TheWizar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #6
joem
Savage Mad Cunt

this isnt just going to be for gameing. This is my new all rounder keyboard so im useing it to type and produce music with as well. Also the main reason i got backlight keys is becaue (and this my sound strange ) i dont have a main light in my room (faulty electronics and its gonna cost more than the keyboard to get fixed.) and i thought this would be a better and alternative for the time being and in the long run for doing stuff at night.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:14 AM   #7
iamimago
Minor Glitch
iamimago is just really niceiamimago is just really niceiamimago is just really niceiamimago is just really nice
Luleå
MC Status: 360

The steelseries 6Gv2 is great! I would post a link but i cant since i dont have 30 posts yet

This bby won't ever let you down, while having backlit keys. I've had an older version of this keyboard for about 4-5 years now, flawless to this day. I've not even managed to wear out the color in the keys yet which is an achivement having in mind the amount of time i spend writing
iamimago is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:33 AM   #8
Mader
Granular Poster
Mader is a jewel in the roughMader is a jewel in the roughMader is a jewel in the rough
Adelaide, South Australia
MC Status: 260

I have a Corsair K70 and I would highly recommend it. I cant say if its better than Razor's alternative but I can certainly vouch for the fact that I have nothing to complain with what I have. It genuinely makes it a pleasure to type and game on.
Mader is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #9
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 2610

+1 for the chroma. Wish I could have gotten the stealth version, i have the noisy one. But I really love it for gaming and for typing.plus the sound does remind me of the good old mechanical IBMs from way way back. Just spend some time with the color config, there are sime really nice effects, and tbey are app aware, so they keep up when you alt tab through programs.
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:53 AM   #10
Andray
Minor Glitch
Andray has a spectacular aura aboutAndray has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I personally own the $2 one but I have heard that the ones with macros and stuff are great. Or maybe the ones which changes colours.

Advertisements

Andray is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote