How Can Neil Gaimanís 8 Tips for Writing Improve Your Music?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-09-2015, 03:58 AM   #1
Zenchamusic
Granular Poster
Zenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110
How Can Neil Gaimanís 8 Tips for Writing Improve Your Music?

Hey guys! I have a new article out.

You may have heard of an author named Neil Gaiman. He's kind of a badass.

He has a famous list of 8 tips for writers. I took that list and applied the advice to music production. If you're struggling with the process of making a track definitely check it out.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

Zenchamusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
cirric
Deep Underground
cirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MCcirric is a savage MC
SF
MC Status: 7104577
Re: How Can Neil Gaimanís 8 Tips for Writing Improve Your Music?

Sounds very good!

------------------
bandcamp | soundcloud | tumblr | twitter

Like my facebook page for a free album code.
cirric is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
Shepartone
Granular Poster
Shepartone has a spectacular aura aboutShepartone has a spectacular aura aboutShepartone has a spectacular aura about
Louisville
MC Status: 210

Comforting little read read, I especially liked the article he linked to on finishing a track.
Shepartone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #4
way of tea
Regular Freak
way of tea has a spectacular aura aboutway of tea has a spectacular aura aboutway of tea has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Really nice article. Particularly the sixth point for me. So many times I can recall overproducing and destroying a creation because of my inability to let it go and call it finished.

I find the seventh point really interesting as well, perhaps not as the article intends but a way I break out of creative block is to start producing a track as a joke with no other intention. The funny thing is these often become my favourite tracks.
way of tea is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #5
SquareTheCircle
Microknight
SquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by way of tea View Post
I find the seventh point really interesting as well, perhaps not as the article intends but a way I break out of creative block is to start producing a track as a joke with no other intention. The funny thing is these often become my favourite tracks.
I also find 7 interesting because I am find that doing what I want is not paying the bills. And so I spend alot of time thinking that I sould start making music for particular record labels.

------------------
=====Jonathan===Hart===Productions==========
BandCamp https://jonathanhart.bandcamp.com
SoundCloud WIPs https://soundcloud.com/djsquarethecircle
=====================================
SquareTheCircle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42357949
Thanked 4,479 Times in 2,936 Posts

Cool article

------------------
This mind intentionally blank.
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #7
Zenchamusic
Granular Poster
Zenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud ofZenchamusic has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1110

Glad you guys dig the article!

Can you guys think of anything you might like to learn about regarding non-technical music creation? I'm looking into what to tackle next.

Advertisements

Zenchamusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote