Pure techno - examples and opinions
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Techno Techno Techno Techno Techno

Old 05-02-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
displace
Minor Glitch
displace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810
Pure techno - examples and opinions

Post here some tracks that perfectly fits to your definition of pure techno.
You can also be more precise by specifying a time interval of the track.
There are a lot of styles, but when I refer to techno I usually think about acidic sounds, minimally-structured typical techno rhythm tracks. I'm not that good at describing, and unfortunately I don't know any track that can fit my idea of pure techno. I've heard a lot of pure techno in my life but I've never been able to find tracks names lol. I've heard a lot of live pure techno, also.
Pure techno is kinda anonymous. You can't listen to pure techno and say "looks like a Robert Hood track" or "sounds like a Jeff Mills track". No. Unless you know who made the track.

What do you think? Does the abstract idea of techno exist in track-form?

Thanks for your contribute.

Advertisements

displace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:17 PM   #2
nametag
Radial Developer
nametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210
Re: Pure techno - examples and opinions

Lately when I want to listen to some pure techno, I put on the album 'A Sensible Alternative to Emotion' by Exium. The entire album has a pretty consistent sound, so I won't suggest just one track. Another album that is pure techno to me is 'Univrs' by Alva Noto.
nametag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
displace
Minor Glitch
displace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to beholddisplace is a splendid one to behold

Thank you, nametag. I will listen to those albums more deeply, but they looks quite far from my idea of pure techno. They lacks that tipical rithm that makes you dance synchronized to every sound.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:01 PM   #4
nametag
Radial Developer
nametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond reputenametag has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210

Well I'm no expert on genres, so that is quite possible. I was thinking mainly of music that lacks the kind of melodies and harmonies that create an emotional sound.
nametag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #5
displace
Minor Glitch

Good point. Techno is not about melodies. And also in my mind pure techno sounds are often dissonant.
Thanks to displace
PhantomSignal (06-02-2015)
Old 19-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #6
fontlame
Radial Developer
fontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant futurefontlame has a brilliant future
Paris
MC Status: 1960

"pure" techno ? that's quite a oxymoron innit
fontlame is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

Darude - Sandstorm

------------------
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Smile_Price
FTD (20-02-2015)
Old 19-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #8
displace
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontlame View Post
"pure" techno ? that's quite a oxymoron innit
I don't see the oximoron. Does techno need to be impure to be really techno?
Of course not. Please explain me your point of view.
Old 19-02-2015, 06:55 PM   #9
displace
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_Price View Post
Darude - Sandstorm
Old 05-06-2015, 01:52 AM   #10
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52310
Thanked 1,046 Times in 771 Posts

Pure techno is beat and base and nothing much else.

This is what I mean: youtube.com/watch?v=OZjMPGOq5Ds

AnD -BNGD

All it is, basically, is a really heavy beat and a few ornaments around it and then some base synths. I think it's brilliant in it's austere simplicity. Albeit, not minimal.

For an early version of this style check out Metalmaster - Simply Metal youtube.com/watch?v=lnHznv1WUN4

Both are really really cool.

Andy
liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #11
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38897

I hear a lot of this stuff in hardcore raves, AnD's tracks are always in.

I know similar, a bit faster tracks with few vocal samples, but it's basically just kicks and nothing else. I love it.

This probably doesn't qualify, but whatever:

Advertisements

------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote