Hardcore Techno, Breakcore, What Genre is This?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Techno Techno Techno Techno Techno

Old 30-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
Kozmotron
Radial Developer
Kozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Hardcore Techno, Breakcore, What Genre is This?

firstly I'll say this tune is from an "In The Groove" machine - I'd played this a few times and this tune is all over the place I'm not sure whether to call it Hardcore Techno, Breakcore or if it's some other genre... it has a fast BPM and harsh beats and synths much like Hardcore, but then it's got those syncopated/shuffling rhythms that remind me of Breakcore... what genre do you think it sounds like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHcPFom9uX8

Advertisements

Kozmotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 09:30 PM   #2
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17610
Re: Hardcore Techno, Breakcore, What Genre is This?

sounds like breakcore to me. not a whole lot of ambiguity here. to me, a lot of breakcore always had that shits'n'giggles "let's take some cheesy rave chords and hardstyle synths and throw some chopped up amens and gabber kicks underneath and distort the whole fucking thing" kind of stuff going on. so nothing remarkable here.
iDoG is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #3
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38897

Remarkable or not, I think it's pretty cool for the most parts of it.

------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #4
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 17610

no, it's cool and all. i didn't mean it in any negative way commenting on the music itself. more on the fact that it's not some totally out-there uncategorizable thing.
iDoG is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #5
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

right? not exactly shocking that a breakcore song would have hardcore elements, that's a big part of the sound.
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #6
Kozmotron
Radial Developer
Kozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
right? not exactly shocking that a breakcore song would have hardcore elements, that's a big part of the sound.
that helps~

Advertisements

Kozmotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote