Unknown tracks "Aphex Twin"
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-29-2014, 04:24 AM   #1
maxdirty
Learning The Ropes
maxdirty is on a distinguished road
São Paulo
MC Status: 10
Unknown tracks "Aphex Twin"

Hello everybody. This is my first day in this forum and I came here with a purpose. What the hell Aphex Twin tracks are the ones that I found on Soulseek. There is the same name of original release, with one more track called "nusxxtrabo780" and all tracks sound very different.

I heard the new album "Syro" and went to look for them on Soulseek, as they would take a long time to get here in Brazil. I really liked what I heard and to fix the tags to listen to on my phone. To my surprise when buying the disc noticed that none of the tracks were the same ones I had been listening for a long time.

The only article that I found about this is from THUMP (can send the link, sorry, but try to find with keywords "has-aphex-twins-new-album-syro-been-leaked") I really liked this "alternative version" of Aphex Twin's album and I want to believe it's from him. In any case, if it's not from him and is just someone copying the style I would love to know who is the producer because all tracks are amazing. Actually I'd rather hear the alternate version instead of real version.

I thank all those who bring some light to this my dilemma.

Advertisements

maxdirty is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Aphex Twin - nusxxtrabo780
Old 12-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 30610
Re: Unknown tracks "Aphex Twin"

Good thread.
badmotor is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80985530
Thanked 3,906 Times in 2,541 Posts

haha poor you max. When Syro was announced, internet jokers went on to post their music as "Syro leaked check this out new aphex twin full album". There are a lot of these fakex twin albums on youtube. You probably listened to one of these.

Do you like the official Syro anyway?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
Evelon
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214387348
Thanked 2,778 Times in 1,736 Posts

I love teh internets.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
maxdirty
Learning The Ropes
São Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
haha poor you max. When Syro was announced, internet jokers went on to post their music as "Syro leaked check this out new aphex twin full album". There are a lot of these fakex twin albums on youtube. You probably listened to one of these.

Do you like the official Syro anyway?
I really liked the original work. Does not reach the feet of "Drukqs", of course, but it is still a great album to mark his return.

However, to my misfortune, the faux Aphex Twin's album is my favorite ...

Anyway, it's was not on YouTube, actually I can't found any faux track on YouTube too. This is was on a SoundCloud account allegedly of Aphex Twin himself.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #6
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80985530
Thanked 3,906 Times in 2,541 Posts

yeah I've checked right now and most of the videos I'm talking about have been deleted now

a few of them left though:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4r-B3H7su533DU

maybe you're reffering to some tracks he put up on his soundcloud while he was having a super-long interview on noyzelab. Some of these were really cool, indeed. But for some reason they've been deleted now and even that interview doesn't exist anymore.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
maxdirty
Learning The Ropes
São Paulo

Yes, unfortunately already removed this interview site ... I have not had time to see this interview before. And with this "Not Syro Leaks" created by Warp Records helps a lot the quantity of copycats of Aphex Twin.

Last edited by maxdirty; 12-29-2014 at 03:51 PM..
Old 12-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #8
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153410
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,151 Posts

Soulseek is supposed to be for sharing your own work, not piracy, so... you're doing it wrong.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #9
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744001441
Thanked 6,680 Times in 4,181 Posts

lol, if you use SC/soulseek to host etc and think nobody uses rippers to DL whatever they like then you are doing it wrong.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:10 PM   #10
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153410
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,151 Posts

Using SC for your own tunes is not the same thing as using SLSK as a Limewire FFA
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:33 AM   #11
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740105
Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,616 Posts

Another IDM musicians genius output lost forever.

Such a shame.
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:28 PM   #12
hcdjp
Learning The Ropes
hcdjp is on a distinguished road

thank god Lug, i laughed a lot listening to the first minipops....

the other tracks are actually really cool!

Advertisements

hcdjp is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote