Machinedrum?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
LateNightSwagg
Soundscaper
LateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MC
In The Land of Treble and Bass
MC Status: 843844
Machinedrum?

Why is no one talking about this man? This dude is sick and ultimately has my eardrums in a vicegrip. His recent work has me quite enthralled tbh. Even his collaborative efforts have me in love and yet no one mentions him?

((Too lazy and dumb to figure out embeds but))

Baby Its U
Infinite Us
Pencil Pimp (as part of Sepalcure)
Me (as part of Sepalcure)
Neujack
Back Seat Ho
Talk 2 Me
As a Child (w/ Lone)

These are all bangers and romantic dancefloor masterpieces if ya ask me. I can't be the only fanboy

Advertisements

------------------
LateNightSwagg is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to LateNightSwagg
relic (11-08-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8514530
Thanked 6,472 Times in 4,626 Posts
Re: Machinedrum?

Machinedrum is the tits yo! Duly noted : ) I need to pick up some of his new choons : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

OK. Just went and bought his latest lol...can't wait to listen to it on the way to work tomorrow!

------------------
Old 11-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644068
Thanked 4,896 Times in 3,160 Posts

Oh.

I thought this was going to be an Elektron thread. The only thing I know of the man is this video I saw whilst browsing the Ableton site once. Not downing anyone in this thread but, thought it was kind of meh, and thought he kind of comes off like a tool.

Also I'd like to know the copyright date on his name and depending upon when it is I might just change mine to Mini-Moog and see what that does for my searchability...

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Yea that video is not representative of his music no comment on personality. ..I try to dissociate the art from the artist as much as is reasonable...homestly that is a terrible ad for Push in general lol...

------------------
Thanks to relic
RFJ (11-08-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80988730
Thanked 3,970 Times in 2,579 Posts

I remember liking a few tracks from him and then listen to a few more that wouldn't do it as much. I must've done this a few times actually, each time wondering "why haven't I digged more into his stuff" and then "ah yeah right".
He's got a taste for cheesy, and his production doesn't seem very consistent. A few good tracks, though, for sure.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #7
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Now that I'm thinking of it...isn't there another dude named Machinedrum or something like that who is Japanese? Now that I am thinking about it I didn't think he was a chubby, dorky white dude like me...I feel like the dude I'm thinking of had something to do with a Japanese label that did instrumental hip hop and IDM...

...or...is there a Japanese IDM/instrumental hip hop artist that is famous for using the Machinedrum...

Last edited by relic; 11-08-2014 at 06:45 PM..

------------------
Old 11-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
...or...is there a Japanese IDM/instrumental hip hop artist that is famous for using the Machinedrum...
I think I'm in the same boat as Lug, though I also though there were different artists with the same name. I quite dig a few tracks on the Vapor City album, but then the rest I don't really care much for.

That Push video is so bad. Even the picture puts me off.

From Vapor City:

scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #9
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Yea...I'm thinking of someone else but can't for the life of me figure out who I'm thinking of...also blew 8.99 on Vapor City because of rum and confusion...

OK. I'm a flippin' moron. I'm thinking of O.N.O from The Blue Herb.

------------------
Old 11-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #10
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740655
Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,623 Posts

Machinedrum - Room(s) LP is one of my favorite's from 2011.

As spectacular as the Vapor City LP is, I never have an urge to listen to it.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #11
roofles
Regular Freak
roofles will become famous soon enoughroofles will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Not sure about any Japanese Machinedrums, but he used to release stuff as Machine Drum, which was quite different from his current style. Also, he used to sport a 'stache a while ago, which might've made him seem a little less dorky and a tad more rapey. Anyways, check this track from his 2002 album, Urban Biology, for example:

I'm a big fan of his work. There's not one artist or producer whose work I enjoyed in its entirety and it's the same with Machinedrum. He's released some music I think is awesome and some that I just don't like that much.

His new single, good stuff:

roofles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #12
LateNightSwagg
Soundscaper
LateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MCLateNightSwagg is a savage MC

About the inconsistency, yea I totally agree with whoever pointed that out. I had the same problem with his earlier works and the cheese factor has definitely subsided with his newer Vapor City stuff tho.

As for Vapor City itself being hit or miss, there's only one or two tracks for me that fail on their own (although if I look at the album as a whole, they fit)

Sepalcure - See Me Feel Me - this one got me hooked though

------------------
Old 11-20-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
2DC
Soundwave Mangler
2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute
Edinburgh
MC Status: 2960

I preferred his stuff from the early 00s tbh, heard him play in Glasgow back then. I like the remix of that Bonobo tune he did recently though, prior to Vapour City release, has a rad video too...

http://youtu.be/6qmVNB4nalk

------------------
I have nothing new for you to listen to.
2DC is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to 2DC
LateNightSwagg (02-06-2015)
Old 11-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #14
2DC
Soundwave Mangler
2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute2DC has a reputation beyond repute
Edinburgh
MC Status: 2960

Had to hit Discogs there to remind me of the name of the album I liked back then, it was called Half The Battle, give that a listen!

------------------
I have nothing new for you to listen to.
2DC is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #15
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153410
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,151 Posts

All of his Merck releases were awesome, but something weird happened after that.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:11 AM   #16
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740655
Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,623 Posts

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Cypherclerk
LateNightSwagg (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 06:08 AM   #17
LateNightSwagg
Soundscaper

The thing i love about that video by cypher is that it puts the whole concept of the album together. You see the city, in all its different parts, you hear the songs, with all their different yet unified motifs. Idk i love it.

------------------
Old 02-16-2015, 04:52 PM   #18
Awentekr
Soundwave Mangler
Awentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud of
London
MC Status: 1260

Never heard of the guy before but I took a listen to some of the stuff off of Now You Know and Urban Biology and thought it was brilliant. Been looking for something like this for a while.

Advertisements

Awentekr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote