November Album Writing Month (NAWM) 2014
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 01-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744018691
Thanked 7,025 Times in 4,373 Posts
November Album Writing Month (NAWM) 2014

OK so only a month to go before NAWM, the fourth and final QAWM of the year. (that's gone quickly)
So finish up your AAWM mix if you're still working on that and get your ideas, samples and patches ready for the next one.

Advertisements

------------------
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
Muse-ic (11-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960
Re: November Album Writing Month (NAWM) 2014

Might take part in it ! Are there rules to it ? Can we use half finished projects or do we have to start from scratch ?

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

You're only cheating yourself, but how would I ever know?
The idea is just to get busy, so if you need that kind of a kickstart/head start then do what you need to do.

------------------
Old 02-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
JMagee
Ghostly
JMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MC
Kentucky
MC Status: 14710

Well I'm going to get hype about this.

I know I've been saying that a lot lately. But really, I'm about to be done with this film I've been doing music/voiceover work for, my bands are going to be relatively chill, and there's no overbearing obligations. Plus I just made a shit ton of money. Last AAWM I was getting used to my MPC, making a keyboard work, finagling my new live set up... while actually working for once. Just relatively intense.

But yeah, been loving the Clap!Clap! Tayi Bebba album that came out recently so I'm going to be chopping African field recordings into the MPC. Also, just purchased me some JJOS so I'm going to actually start cutting samples so I can have a bunch of patches to work with during November.

My creative framework ideas at the moment are only hardware, samples like cray, field recordings, and no commercial sample packs at all...

------------------
JMagee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to JMagee
lolirl (03-10-2014)
Old 10-10-2014, 02:55 AM   #5
JMagee
Ghostly
JMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MCJMagee is a savage MC
Kentucky
MC Status: 14710

Just got done sampling all of the cheese that is the rhythm section of my Roland D-10. If anyone is feeling some cheese samples for NAWM, send me a message.

------------------
JMagee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:06 AM   #6
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153460
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,152 Posts

This time I'll really follow through. This time. This time will be different, self. You'll see.

Serious note: I'm game and I hope I don't quit early on. Even so, I always love the output of everyone else on here, so bring it the fuck on. Everyone experiments a little more with new shit and I hope the month of Nov won't be any different. Nawm, nawm, nawm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozo Tull View Post
Might take part in it ! Are there rules to it ? Can we use half finished projects or do we have to start from scratch ?
To reiterate, the best part is that it's really no competition, but rather enforcing some limits and creating a challenge for YOU for a month. Hope you join in!

Last edited by Kvlt O))); 10-10-2014 at 03:13 AM..
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #7
lolirl
Administrator

Me and Lebeux are thinking of combining NAWM with the beat battles for this one QAWM.
Previous BB winners will be asked to provide stems and some rules (as per usual BB) as inspiration for anyone interested.
It's not a hard and fast rule and normal QAWM "rules" still stand as usual.
If you're happy doing your own thing that's great, if you feel you need a starting place I'm hoping the BB winners can provide one for you.
Let me know what you reckon.

------------------
Old 11-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #8
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960

Quote:
This time I'll really follow through. This time. This time will be different, self. You'll see.

Serious note: I'm game and I hope I don't quit early on. Even so, I always love the output of everyone else on here, so bring it the fuck on. Everyone experiments a little more with new shit and I hope the month of Nov won't be any different. Nawm, nawm, nawm.

To reiterate, the best part is that it's really no competition, but rather enforcing some limits and creating a challenge for YOU for a month. Hope you join in!
I'm definitely in !

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #9
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963383
Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,705 Posts

Quote:

Ditto. <3
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:44 PM   #10
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

I am working on tracks tonight. See it's really November, (mind jedi trick), so that way I will be ready for NAWM. The things I have to do to avoid procrastination. I have to work before I procrastinate, if that makes sense!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #11
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269450708
Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,722 Posts

A friend of mine commissioned me a 40 minutes cassette of old-school Italo-Industrial, so I might be game.

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
lolirl (12-10-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 12:52 AM   #12
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5742393

What is italo style industrial?

I'm not going to say if I am or am not attempting this. I did upload a lot of my last QAWM stuff though.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #13
Br/ainfu+ked
fin.....
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963048
Thanked 1,144 Times in 880 Posts

could also use the stuff in the abandoned track thread

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
lolirl (12-10-2014)
Old 14-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #14
brn20
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802473
Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,191 Posts

I'm in! To do an EP, anyway - the EP I was doing for AAWM (or was it MAWM?) and never finished. Those tracks have been sitting around for ages half-finished.

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to brn20
lolirl (14-10-2014)
Old 14-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #15
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59126926

Would a collective effort betray the spirit of QAWM? I don't mean a compilation of tracks by different artists, more along the lines of an artist collective. Say 8 people agree on a concept and work with each other's material. Maybe that's even harder to achieve than making an album on your own, maybe it works as pressure to actually do something, I dunno...
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #16
lolirl
Administrator

I'm not against the idea but I reckon you'd be hard pushed to get it done in a month.

------------------
Old 14-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #17
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59126926

You're probably right yeah.
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #18
Muse-ic
Wanderer

^^^I think it's a great idea. Maybe a separate project with a longer running time, like 2-3 months?
Thanks to Muse-ic
lolirl (14-10-2014)
Old 14-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #19
lolirl
Administrator

Yeah, that's more like what I was thinking.
Interested in running it Muse-ic?

------------------
Old 14-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #20
Muse-ic
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Yeah, that's more like what I was thinking.
Interested in running it Muse-ic?
Yeah, let me think about how to organize it.

Advertisements

Thanks to Muse-ic
lolirl (14-10-2014)