How Do I Classify Genre of My Own Tracks?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Closed Thread
Old 25-09-2014, 04:33 AM   #1
Audiosynthesis
Learning The Ropes
Audiosynthesis is currently spamming hard
Touristown, MI
MC Status: 10
How Do I Classify Genre of My Own Tracks?

Im having trouble pinpointing the category that my own music falls into because it combines so many elements.
It has to be some subgenre of house for sure, because i use 4x4 kick-snare patterns around 128bpm.
The bass is repetitive and boomy as you would hear in most deep house.
Theres some electrohouse vibes around the bass...
But theres a predominant trance getup because i like to loop really long, powerful pads under the kick and bass.
Its also progressive in a sense, the patterns dont change, the sounds change over time, there are not very obvious changes from section to section (like when it moves from dance section to a bridge to a build to a drop) no portion of time in the track is exactly the same as another.
I know this isnt really a collective of djs who play dance music but if i could have someone with some serious musical sense to help me, either show me which elements define my genre and tell me what it is or explain which elements i should expand upon or file down so that my music is easier to describe on paper, that would be great, and thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Audiosynthesis is offline   Thanks
Old 25-09-2014, 05:59 AM   #2
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts
Re: How Do I Classify Genre of My Own Tracks?

Your genre of music is poopcore vaporstep.

Advertisements

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread