IDMf045 OPEN GENRE COMPILATION - **SUBMISSIONS CLOSED**
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Closed Thread
Old 28-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
Benwaa
Icon6 IDMf045 OPEN GENRE COMPILATION - **SUBMISSIONS CLOSED**

It's been a while, maybe a while too long...but finally the next in what's become something of an old charter or tradition or something - An IDMf open genre compilation! IDMf045 to be precise - which means where's IDMf044? watch this space

As ever there are only a few minimal guidelines for submitting your music for this future release which are outlined below, please follow them precisely or your music may not be considered for the release at all.

-All submitted tracks must be shared privately to the label email here:
label.idmf@gmail.com
any not privately shared or those that have been public before and have a load of plays and/or downloads will automatically disqualify you from the compilation selection process.
If you don't have a soundcloud account PM me to discuss how to submit in that case.

- All tracks must be submitted in wav format minimum 44100/24bit sample rate

- Minimum -3db Headroom with nothing on the master bus, and i mean nothing, this rule is broken far too often, and yet one of the most important, and there will be no exceptions given for tracks not meeting this requirement

- Label your tracks filename with your full artist name, track title and forum name too.

- Include a contact email address in the info part of the track along with a clear indication that it is for the compilation

-Any genre is acceptable, but be aware that generally only tracks that have a bit of feeling/passion invested in them tend to be the ones that stand out to the judges

-Have Fun!

The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm UK time 31 August 2014

Artwork is also needed for the release (this needs to be at least 800x800 and has to be square if another size), as is a promotional video. If you feel you could offer either (or both of those things) then please do - full credit will be included on the release.

If you'd like to help judge the entries, the drop me a PM regarding that as long as you can commit the time to listening to a load of tracks multiple times in a constructive and critical, yet no genre bias, then please do!

Above all, have fun an good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
ok i blame soundcloud for changing how it works because this hasn't been an issue before really and pretty much everyone seems to have been caught out by it so far

You need to send the private link not the URL of the track.
To do that follow the steps below!

Click the "Share" butto under your track

you will then see the image below

copy the link in that box highlighted in the pic and send that one.

Done!

Last edited by Benwaa; 10-08-2014 at 10:29 AM..

Advertisements

Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387499
Thanked 5,070 Times in 3,305 Posts
Re: IDMf045 OPEN GENRE COMPILATION - OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS NOW!

Ooooh

I have two weeks of me me me coming up, definately gonna submit something for this.

EDIT: Can't draw but since the topic of an album name is gonna come up, i'll think up a few to throw into the melting pot.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
Old 28-07-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
Yibbon
Yibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MCYibbon is a savage MC
aus
MC Status: 502470

Cool
Yibbon is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Wonderful news this is.

I'm in and down to help judge too.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #5
Nyul
Nyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MCNyul is a savage MC
MC Status: 25010

Cool, I'll see what I can make for this

Looking forward to the results, last open-genre compilation had a really nice and diverse selection of tracks.

------------------
Nyul is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback

Some album title suggestions to get the ball rolling, even if only as a springboard for others to come up with better:

Strain Gauge Principle
Chromosphere
Bee Polar
Pathways
Sines And Portents
The Only Way Is ESX (lol not really)
Multiples
Eat The Banana
State of Decade
Figments of Folded Space
Mentis Ad Adstra (Not sure if completely grammatically correct)
Cryocephalus
Hands And Fire
Choonz
Gunthatogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Wonderful news this is.
I totally read that in Yoda's voice.

Also, can we block Jazzyspoon's IP address before he gets to see this? No reason *whistles innocently and wanders off*

------------------
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
Jazzyspoon (09-08-2014)
Old 28-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538130
Thanked 6,944 Times in 4,941 Posts

Woah...new netlabel during AAWM. Count me in for a sub!

question @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
There are a lot of collabs going on for AAWM (I am doing three so far)...I've read over the rules twice (pre coffee) and I'm not seeing anything about multiple submissions.

Say all of my collab partners wanted to submit our AAWM collab track to this, how would you handle that? That might mean I have three collab submissions and one solo.

Figured I'd ask because I bet this will come up : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #8
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Mentis Ad Adstra (Not sure if completely grammatically correct)
Does it mean something? It rolls off the tongue very nicely .
Quote:
Also, can we block Jazzyspoon's IP address before he gets to see this? No reason *whistles innocently and wanders off*
Jazzy and Qianta have both been temp-banned for the duration of this comp.

Also: Yesss! Another IDMf open-genre release. Gonna be awesome.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #9
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
Does it mean something? It rolls off the tongue very nicely .
Jazzy and Qianta have both been temp-banned for the duration of this comp.

Also: Yesss! Another IDMf open-genre release. Gonna be awesome.
If I got it right, "Minds to the stars"

Chances are I got it wrong. I have friends who know Latin properly and I can check with them at some point.

------------------
Old 28-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #10
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Woah...new netlabel during AAWM. Count me in for a sub!

question @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
There are a lot of collabs going on for AAWM (I am doing three so far)...I've read over the rules twice (pre coffee) and I'm not seeing anything about multiple submissions.

Say all of my collab partners wanted to submit our AAWM collab track to this, how would you handle that? That might mean I have three collab submissions and one solo.

Figured I'd ask because I bet this will come up : )

The way i look at it is this - you can submit multiples - but don't take the piss. just one for your solo, and one for each different collab. but like i said, don't take the piss and send in 5 or six different tracks all with your name on
  Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

^OK. I figured. That doesn't really seem fair in any way...submitting like 5-6 or something nuts like that, I just wanted to double check. Thank you for answering.

------------------
Old 28-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #12
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Exciting news!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #13
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

thats right

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks
Thanks to stem collector
fidelium (01-08-2014)
Old 28-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #14
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

finally i can work on this progressive house track

and lets call the album IDMF SUMMER BEACH PARTY; BYOT - bring your own track. imagine all the old footage one could get from like beach/house parties with young people drinking their boozes and hitting their jazz cigarettes, for promotional video

or IDMF SUMMER PARTY; NO GIRLS ALOUD ... .GET IT LOOOL
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #15
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

Is this where we'd submit artwork? I have one picture I've been holding on to that I think I'd like to submit.

Possibly still too early? Maybe I could do a video, just no way to record footage now. I'd have to find some stuff somewhere to use for it.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Thanks to bbb
Old 28-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #16
Benwaa

Yeah stick the artwork in thus thread for now, I'll consolidate them at a later point
  Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #17
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX

That's a 800x800. I do have a larger uncropped one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vm9iikwwrg...%20artwork.jpg

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #18
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
Possibly still too early? Maybe I could do a video, just no way to record footage now. I'd have to find some stuff somewhere to use for it.
Yo I'd be happy to record some random footage and send it your way. If you're up for doing the video - I'm sure there's other people who'd be willing to record stuff and hit you up.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 28-07-2014, 07:08 PM   #19
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

I'm up for it. PM me links and I'll DL. Please, no penis/toilet action, lol.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Thanks to bbb
Old 28-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #20
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Yea. I'll record some stuff for you bbb : )

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to relic
Closed Thread