breakcore/footwork album !
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
StrangeFlow
Minor Glitch
StrangeFlow has a spectacular aura aboutStrangeFlow has a spectacular aura aboutStrangeFlow has a spectacular aura about
Olympia
MC Status: 210
Icon14 breakcore/footwork album !

whats up everyone! got a new breakcore album ya might dig! 5ifty$ix k - "Hardcore is Back, Vol 1." out now on my Dynasty Shit record label, which specializes in breakcore/bass/footwork/160+ type of material.

available now at dynastyshit.com, and here's a free track off of it:

anyway, there it is! hope ya guys dig it ! Peace!

-Will (aka strangeflow, aka 5ifty$ix k.. you know, like the modem? They always spelled it with that dollar sign, I think...)

Advertisements

StrangeFlow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to StrangeFlow
Lug (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
stem collector
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74604560
Thanked 1,233 Times in 853 Posts
Re: breakcore/footwork album !

new fan=gained

that track is so fucking unique ive never heard anything like it and you do it extremely well. is breakwork (footcore?) like a big thing or am i just arriving to the part late

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
StrangeFlow
Minor Glitch
StrangeFlow has a spectacular aura aboutStrangeFlow has a spectacular aura aboutStrangeFlow has a spectacular aura about
Olympia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stem collector View Post
new fan=gained

that track is so fucking unique ive never heard anything like it and you do it extremely well. is breakwork (footcore?) like a big thing or am i just arriving to the part late

Hey man! Glad ya like it! And actually, no, footbreak / workcore / corecoreworkfoot (lol) is not a big thing. (yet!!) i'd love to hear more trax that get into this kinda territory musically, I've heard very few, but it's what I wanted to hear, so I figured I'd try to make some for myself.

Footwork jungle has been kinda blowing up in the last year, tho. A lot of the stuff on Ground Mass record label , and a lot of the stuff on jukemusicforum or dynasty shit (full disclosure, those last two, i started ) . Other than than, doing a search on google for footwork jungle will get you a ton of fine tunes... To be honest, as far as the breakcore influence, the only other examples of breakcore+footwork Ive seen are these two:

Padlock's free juke-to-breakcore mixtape, which is dope:

and

io-include - i have been to the darkside
(goes in that direction, definitely a trippy experimental vibe with this one, very fun:

But yea man, super pumped you're a fan! Also happy to have a fellow Washingtonian dig my work, i got obsessed with footwork around the time i was living in seattle <burien> a year or two ago
Thanks to StrangeFlow
Lug (05-14-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
lonewolf
lonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 129804

Dayum.....Im Liking this

------------------
An open mind sees the world reflected within them, but a closed mind looks for the world to be their reflection. - Brian Winkler

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James D
lonewolf is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
StrangeFlow
Minor Glitch
Olympia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Dayum.....Im Liking this

thanks man!

i was lucky enough to have this song played on the radio last night, (fuckin FM radio!!) which might not be huge for some folks who are used to that, but for me, especially since i just released it, it's a huuuge deal for me

thanks for the love, everyone
Currently Listening To: !!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #6
EternalSunset
Master of the LFO
EternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeEternalSunset has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3741

this cuts is so amazing
I'm subscribe you on SC

------------------
My main profile: https://soundcloud.com/glitch (IDM, Breakcore, Ambient)
My profile with nintendo chiptunes: https://soundcloud.com/8-bitchintendo
EternalSunset is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #7
StrangeFlow
Minor Glitch
Olympia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSunset View Post
this cuts is so amazing
I'm subscribe you on SC
Thanks! Hey I actually just saw that, and was listening to your Robot Jazz, and a dnb tune you did that reminds me of ltj bukem! glad ya like my music
Old 08-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #8
weirdmagic
Granular Poster
weirdmagic is a jewel in the roughweirdmagic is a jewel in the roughweirdmagic is a jewel in the rough
BXL
MC Status: 260

fucking wicked mate! great work on cutting the breaks!
psaren't you the guy from the youtube tutorials?)

------------------
weirdmagic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:43 AM   #9
Watt tha fuck
Minor Glitch
Watt tha fuck is just really niceWatt tha fuck is just really niceWatt tha fuck is just really niceWatt tha fuck is just really niceWatt tha fuck is just really nice
Chambéry, Savoie (near Swiss & Italy)
MC Status: 410

Too much minimalist for me guys. Just some famous dnb samples looped with pitched voices. You know you can resample your own midi instruments with your own rythmics and your own soundbank in audio ? (for cut and stretch as you want your homemade rythmics in audio)

Maybe put a synth too. Its a bit empty. And by the way, their is a forum dedicated to the creation of forum users.
Watt tha fuck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:44 AM   #10
StrangeFlow
Minor Glitch
Olympia

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdmagic View Post
fucking wicked mate! great work on cutting the breaks!
psaren't you the guy from the youtube tutorials?)

yea man u talkin bout the breakcore one im guessin? i think i posted that one on here last year

Last edited by StrangeFlow; 08-14-2014 at 12:55 AM..
Old 10-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #11
StrangeFlow
Minor Glitch
Olympia

Yahh! More breakcore footwork. I know a few of ya like this style, hopefully you enjoy my lucifer jam.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
KEKE SOUND
Minor Glitch
KEKE SOUND is on a distinguished road
Ottawa
MC Status: 10

sounds intriguing my good man
KEKE SOUND is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #13
StrangeFlow
Minor Glitch
Olympia

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

the sequel (to that footwork/breakcore album i posted) is here yay!
Thanks to StrangeFlow
Lug (11-27-2014)
Old 11-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #14
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80984330
Thanked 3,882 Times in 2,523 Posts

this sounds much more definite than what I remember of your first attempts; those endless super-fast hihat rolls are silly haha. I can tell the footwork influence although it's definitely on the breakcore side of things to me. All Junglists and Heelz Go Hard are my favourite so far.
Thanks for sharing, I'll have a listen at the other artists from your crew, too

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lug
StrangeFlow (12-06-2014)
Old 11-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #15
Vescor
Granular Poster
Vescor is a glorious beacon of lightVescor is a glorious beacon of lightVescor is a glorious beacon of lightVescor is a glorious beacon of lightVescor is a glorious beacon of light
Earth
MC Status: 460

Sounds dope. A little empty, but I guess that's the style? Still interesting throughout though
Vescor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vescor
StrangeFlow (12-06-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #16
StrangeFlow
Minor Glitch
Olympia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vescor View Post
Sounds dope. A little empty, but I guess that's the style? Still interesting throughout though
Thanks Just curious, watcha mean empty? hahaha. Im not offended at all, and I know you didn't mean it as a bad thing---in fact I know that some people definitely do hate this kinda music so I'm totally OK with criticism from that side as well -- but yea, watch mean specifically? Are you talking about the parts of the track that contain just drums with bass without any melody on top? or is there something else that's sparse or empty that perhaps I'm not even noticing?

Definitely the case with a lot of the footwork and juke out there: a search on youtube for dj rashad, dj manny, or just "teklife" or "footwork mix" will yield a lot of music that is pretty minimal. Tell you the truth, at first, I hated juke and footwork, but then something compelled me to keep listening, and I started to understand it more and more, and then I realized, "oh, shit, I love this music. How the hell did that happen?" and then, being the weirdo I am, I wanted to combine it with jungle, and eventually get it as close to breakore as possible ha.

Ok, rant is now complete. Thanks for the comments everyone!
Old 12-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #17
Vescor
Granular Poster
Vescor is a glorious beacon of lightVescor is a glorious beacon of lightVescor is a glorious beacon of lightVescor is a glorious beacon of lightVescor is a glorious beacon of light
Earth
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeFlow View Post
Thanks Just curious, watcha mean empty? hahaha. Im not offended at all, and I know you didn't mean it as a bad thing---in fact I know that some people definitely do hate this kinda music so I'm totally OK with criticism from that side as well -- but yea, watch mean specifically? Are you talking about the parts of the track that contain just drums with bass without any melody on top? or is there something else that's sparse or empty that perhaps I'm not even noticing?

Definitely the case with a lot of the footwork and juke out there: a search on youtube for dj rashad, dj manny, or just "teklife" or "footwork mix" will yield a lot of music that is pretty minimal. Tell you the truth, at first, I hated juke and footwork, but then something compelled me to keep listening, and I started to understand it more and more, and then I realized, "oh, shit, I love this music. How the hell did that happen?" and then, being the weirdo I am, I wanted to combine it with jungle, and eventually get it as close to breakore as possible ha.

Ok, rant is now complete. Thanks for the comments everyone!
Just meant it's pretty "minimal", so to speak. Like not many layers of things going on at all times. I don't listen to tonnes of this kind of music (as is probably evident) so it comes across a bit like that, definitely didn't mean it in a bad way though

- V

------------------
My most recent track:
-

-
Vescor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:23 PM   #18
fighuass
Regular Freak
fighuass will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Nice man! Not trying to annoy you, but I'd like to ask: Are you posting the Breakcore tutorial part 2 sometime ? Would be nice!
fighuass is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #19
Bipolar Joe
Soundscaper
Bipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond reputeBipolar Joe has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 7160

StrangeFlow is right up there with the best drum noodlers. Gonna go find those tutorials.

Advertisements

------------------
Try a lowpassed square wave, moron.

Also, buy my God damn music, please.
Bipolar Joe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote

breakcore/footwork album ! Tags
5ifty$ix k, breakcore, footwork, juke, jungle