Youtube Copyright
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
agreth
Master of the LFO
agreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MC
Sydney
MC Status: 1465792
Youtube Copyright

Quick question. Is it likely that your Youtube video will be taken down / given a warning if you use copyrighted video? I'm aware that there's an algorithm that identifies copyrighted audio (and that it's reasonably well enforced) but I'm planning on using my own music set to someone else's video. I know it's technically illegal, but does anyone know if Youtube cracks down on this in particular?

Cheers

And god knows if I've posted this in the right place.

Advertisements

agreth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
Benwaa
Re: Youtube Copyright

never had that issue personally with the vid side of things, only audio so far
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
agreth (13-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
agreth
Master of the LFO
agreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MC
Sydney
MC Status: 1465792

Thanks mate. That's all I needed to know.
agreth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
quantumcode
Minor Glitch
quantumcode has a spectacular aura aboutquantumcode has a spectacular aura about
Calgary
MC Status: 160

As long as you don't try to monetize said video you shouldn't worry too much about it

------------------
quantumcode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 02:06 AM   #5
Histronics
Radial Developer
Histronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond repute
Bradenton, Florida
MC Status: 4110

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreth View Post
Quick question. Is it likely that your Youtube video will be taken down / given a warning if you use copyrighted video? I'm aware that there's an algorithm that identifies copyrighted audio (and that it's reasonably well enforced) but I'm planning on using my own music set to someone else's video. I know it's technically illegal, but does anyone know if Youtube cracks down on this in particular?

Cheers

And god knows if I've posted this in the right place.
I did the youtube thing for a few years. It all depends. If you collage footage together and alter it some, it wont be too much of a problem likely. But it can lead to strikes against your channel that can remove many privileges.

There are some free stock footage resources online that you can find too. Can't post links yet, sorry.

TL;DR Fuck Youtube.
Histronics is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #6
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
AlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant future
Westfalen
MC Status: 1760

I tried to post some movie outtakes there, but all were deleted right after upload. Funny thing is that there are already some other movie parts online there from the same movies... ? Wonder why mine got deleted but others don´t.

Also used some scenes from Blade Runner for one of my music videos (song name " 4 year lifespan") and that got through ? Seems pretty random.

Also what I find a bit strange, you can find 18+ full movies on youtube (with boobs and gore etc.)... seems these needed to be taken down cause not suitable for 13 or 14 yr olds imo.

------------------
http://www.last.fm/music/Alpha+Quadrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ohoLNTrrk
Apparently the world is an orchestra of assholes, and they're playing in concert. ( hellsicon )
AlphaQuadrant66 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #7
Evione
Minor Glitch
Evione will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Youtube won't do anything if you keep your CC on, and do not monetize it!
YT just doesn't want ppl to make money from someone else's videos xD
Evione is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 04:26 AM   #8
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65360
Thanked 1,307 Times in 986 Posts

If the copyright owner complains then you'll have to get it taken down. That's normal.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 07:15 AM   #9
SpinVector
Soundscaper
SpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MCSpinVector is a savage MC
melbs
MC Status: 6892084

Youtube's Content ID system

If your source has submitted their work to youtube's content ID system, it will be taken down and you will get a strike on your account for copyright breach.

If the source see's your vid, they can make a claim, and it will be removed.

Otherwise, you're OK.

Advertisements

SpinVector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to SpinVector
Nystagmus (19-06-2015)