[MAWM] SKYCORE - edges of no/where projekt
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53310
Thanked 1,066 Times in 762 Posts
[MAWM] SKYCORE - edges of no/where projekt

i have a ton of skeletal short form, experimental, sound collage, sample smashing, anti-music sitting around taking up space. i was gonna just compile to together, but this MAWM thing just gives me a drive to post it up. the tracks are the gambit, depending on my mood when i finish it up. some might have okay mixing, some might not. most of these are just silly ideas or something i think about and i just put it down. there isn't really a goal or idea i am hoping will bloom into something greater. i have a penchant at being really lazy too, especially under the moniker SKYCORE, but i like to see the idea even if it'll just be a blur, you know? they are just passing glimpses into some reality ive managed to harness. some may make sense, some don't make sense, some may be familiar samples unchanged. a good portion are me doing stuff live via ableton, APC 40, my mouse.

i'll post everything in this beginning thread, but i'll post a blurp and such with the SC link to update and bump. eventually when im done with them all, this month, i'll just boop it on to BC and start my SKYCORE BC. Soundcloud for now though, since its easy and quick.

im partly doing this too cause all these unfinished projects take up hella space. and fuck that. any comments suggestions, damnations, hail marys, coronations, marriages etc are welcome, i'll look at it all and comment were i see fit. but remember this is just sonic vomit, clearing my sinuses for bigger and better things im doing. plus ive been feeling weird lately.

also, most of these were "mixed" on headphones, that is a part personal preference part rules of my apartment building, cause ive been a bad boy with loudness. so maybe headphones experiences are better.

enjoy

--------

first1 - a demon dying

noise samples layered around and some guitar shizat, i wondered what a demon would sound like dying, or if such an event was possible how could the experience be heard. i did this at 3 or 4am. i also might of done too much limiting lol

second2 - rigging 1

made some dumb 808 drum beat, messed around with guitar rig in real time lol. sounds monoy, whatever. like your listening to music away from wherever it is.

third3 - gentle stranger

sampleys, drum destruction, beatflays, coreishness

four4 - icestorm

took stuff from rigging 1 and a simple 4 bar drum beat, ran through reverbs, delays and there is some noise there. stormy storm couple distorted cries for help too, careful.

five5 - chanty of sorts

more sound tsunamis for you, took a few samples of picking at the guitar end that's like the other end, i forgot what its called. and to clarify, i don't play the guitar. nor own one, the stuff you hear is samples. i'm not that talented. ok; so feedbacks, and manipulated dijeriodododo. i felt like you're in a temple for a drowned god or something.

six6 - afterhour milk

some "hip hop" beat i made faster and layered with mozarella affects. then i cored it out the way i do. that lazy sampling in the background is some PSA announcement intro that i cut. then looped. boring.

seven7 - bad trans

took some noise, through some rigs, delays, took some long form melodies and shortened them for the little bursts you hear. kinda weird, its like an ear massage. no drums on this one

eight8 - dead johnny and his guitar

found a guitar sample, used it. used some drums, just to give it some sort of forward movement. but the death at the end just slows it all down. i used the same kick at the end but i wrapped it in reverb and cut the volume within the actual sample file. in various parts, with long decay, hence the pops. and the breathiness of the vocal sample, night night, kinda sounds like dying breaths.

nine9 - bad monsters

we're always running away from bad monsters. messing with delays on the drums, unnatural reverbs.

Last edited by SKYCORE; 22-05-2014 at 01:31 AM..

Advertisements

SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269459058
Thanked 2,709 Times in 1,810 Posts
Re: [MAWM] SKYCORE - edges of no/where projekt

I loved the first one, awesome feedbacks and textures.

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

OH MY GOD

I didn't know you did anything like this. This is exactly my favorite kind of music, and I'll be grabbing the bandcamp release and reviewing it behind your back. This is so fucking good, I especially like track 1 but the spontaneity of track 2 is cool due to the rhythmic noise factor. Can't wait to hear more of this!!!!
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:45 AM   #4
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy

thanks you two!
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
- i am getting into using more noisy stuff. or deeper stuff, like the haxan cloak but i like noise and the weird feels it has. currently only regulated to a few libraries of random noise, i know massive has a generator and stuff but i dunno. any suggestions on harnessing good noise. my actual PC has a really loud fan when i play games, i was thinking of recording that. sampling it. tl:dr some of the pieces will have noise elements i suppose, not all but some. glad you like it though. its a fun design element to toy with i think.

more to come tomorrow for sure, thanks again guys
Old 04-05-2014, 03:20 AM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 175360
Thanked 3,507 Times in 2,618 Posts

Man, your stuff sucks! Never in a million years would I appear on stage supporting your kind of stuff..never, never, ever.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:35 AM   #6
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Man, your stuff sucks! Never in a million years would I appear on stage supporting your kind of stuff..never, never, ever.
thanks A.M you the best

also 2 updates - something abrasive, something stormy.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:43 AM   #7
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Really interesting stuff you got there, as always, SK..but I love Icestorm..more my kind of thing. Some nice things going on in that mix..only wish it were longer is all.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
SKYCORE (05-05-2014)
Old 04-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #8
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963433
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,706 Posts

Wow!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
SKYCORE (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 02:33 AM   #9
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
busy

thanks, yeah A.M. i have a big mouth but my ideas are so small.

2 more updated, beats n the other you can surf on your hoverboards. also, will get around to commenting on ya'lls too. waiting for a moment.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:41 AM   #10
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC

So far, the only ones I wasn't a fan of were 3 and 6, just because of personal reasons. Your stuff is super manipulated though, almost in a very improvised but very clear and minimal manner. Good tunes, again!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:20 AM   #11
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
So far, the only ones I wasn't a fan of were 3 and 6, just because of personal reasons. Your stuff is super manipulated though, almost in a very improvised but very clear and minimal manner. Good tunes, again!
share unless it's too personal, I don't mind. If it's production stuff I'm sure there are some mixing issues.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:26 AM   #12
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard

Oh no, the production is great & clear in all of them. I just personally don't know how to critique noise / avant garde stuff with beats, because I don't listen to any.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:51 AM   #13
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
Oh no, the production is great & clear in all of them. I just personally don't know how to critique noise / avant garde stuff with beats, because I don't listen to any.
Ya have now.

@ SKYCORE: Liked 5 & 6, too..though I preferred 5 out of the two of them..not really a bit hiphop fan tbh.

By the way, if you've got around $10 to spare, you might want to check out "Ambient v0.3" ( [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
). It's a little "standalone" gem that is great for doing experimental stuff with samples. It's basically a Granular sampler with random pitch function and other features..and it comes in both PC and Mac, and also has MIDI learn, so it pretty useful all round and a steal at the price.

I've had it for a few years now and it's my go-to tool for really messing things up and getting a new sound out of old samples. Don't know if you have it already, but I thought you might find it useful.

Last edited by A.M; 05-05-2014 at 05:31 AM..

------------------
Old 06-05-2014, 01:41 AM   #14
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743043

I very much like the molesting of sounds going on here. I also fail at giving good feedback.

Listened to the first three, fun.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #15
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026591
Thanked 7,183 Times in 4,470 Posts

Someone's been busy.
Great stuff here Skycore.
I feel like perhaps 3 and 6 don't fit in so well with the others, perhaps it's the more obvious drum sounds, but otherwise you have a nice consistent vibe across all the track.
You almost have a mini-LP already.

------------------
Giving it one hunder percent.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 01:33 AM   #16
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
busy

thank you everyone for the honesty and the listens, added 3 more, but i have maybe 4 or 5 left to post i think. i have some AEP tunes in my junk yard that i scrapped, but with some rearranging they could find themselves up there maybe. i dont know what im going to do. i understand some of the drum tracks take away from the noise/ambient stuff, but it was just was i was vibing. im weird.

thanks again duderinos
Old 27-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #17
A.M

Just listened to 7,8 & 9..damn, wish they were longer is all I have to say! I think I'll be lifting some of 8 and 9 at some stage to use in something of my own..and regarding the pops in 7..I didn't really notice anything that seemed out of place to my ears..everything just sort of works really well in the mix.

Nice work, man.

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to A.M
SKYCORE (27-05-2014)