What is the difference nowadays between Garage and Future Garage?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
gkgoler
Regular Freak
gkgoler is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10
What is the difference nowadays between Garage and Future Garage?

I hope you guys could answer me to this question.

Advertisements

gkgoler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #2
mastertkb
Minor Glitch
mastertkb will become famous soon enoughmastertkb will become famous soon enough
Oz or Wonderland???
MC Status: 110
Re: What is the difference nowadays between Garage and Future Garage?

Well Garage is the root of all sytle related to garage witch spawns three categories. UK Garage , US Garage, and Garage Rock.

In UK's Garage it spawns 3 styles: speed Garage- sped NY garage 4-to-the-floor rhythm (fast disco) 2-step Garage- irregular jittery rubric of noises Future Garage- a softer sounding style of 2-step
Then Garage Rock is a raw form of rock and roll.
Finally US Garage is basically house (dance) music.

There is all know i now (or googled) i hope i helped you!! Cheers!!!
mastertkb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
gkgoler
Regular Freak
gkgoler is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Thank you very much!
gkgoler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Iwaro - Exomoons
Old 03-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
theGrimey
Learning The Ropes
theGrimey will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Genre terminology in the landscape after the apparent demise of Dubstep is very fluid tbh, I wouldn't trust it as gospel as these things keep changing.

That said, the formative tracks that helped define 'Future Garage' have often (unfairly or otherwise) been denigrated as a 'diluted' UK Garage, or Garage which abandons some of the more aggressive, urban sounds and beats that accompanied the original rise of UK Garage in favour of more accessible, and I daresay 'musical' elements. Garage, in the old fashioned sense (in the UK at least) was always a rudeboy's sound - I think the Future Garage producers shed a lot of this image in their compositions.

As far as I'm aware, this remains the case, although there are very few producers that I'm aware of who are still making tracks in this vein - there was an interesting period around 2008-9 onwards when lots of ex-Dubstep producers were making some very Garagey tracks that incorporated some of the musical elements of deeper Dubstep tracks - 2 Step tracks dressed up in warm sub and lush pads, etc - but most of these producers are just making House/Techno now (just like everybody else).

To me, tracks like the below define Future Garage as I know/knew it (originally posted links then found out I apparently can't til I have 30 posts, not hugely helpful when you're trying to make yourself at home on a forum but ho hum)...

Arkist & Kidkut - Vanilla Imitate

CJ Reign - Yaadein

Pangaea - Memories

Garage in the old fashioned sense will never change, I guess that's part of its enduring appeal... There will always be a few raves for it, the music will never really change, and people seem happy that way.
theGrimey is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:41 AM   #5
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 16310

future garage (or chillstep as some people wrongly call it ) came about from people wanting to fuse the older garage rythms with trance pads basically. (mainly people who liked the older dubstep burial etc and added more euphric ambient sound to it and a less darcker vibe) came about the same time future jungle came around

Advertisements

joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote