[Fawm] nightlight society's fawm tracks
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 02-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
NightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond repute
Bay Area
MC Status: 2910
[Fawm] nightlight society's fawm tracks

First track for FAWM. Kindof an Ambient type house. I wrote it originally about how humans and nature interact, And how we need to stop cutting down trees and shit, Same message really haha. This is song is for all the trees.

I hope you guys like it, And tell me what you think!

Second tune. Made this one when i got home today. The first couple lines of lyrics were stuck in my head all day, So when i got home immediately started working on this tune and getting those lyrics down and turning it into the start of something . The rough draft of the first two verses are on the fawm website, And also the description on soundcloud if you wanna check those out Vocals would be cool to record for the final versions of these tunes, Hopefully its a possibility!

Last edited by NightlightSociety; 07-02-2014 at 05:47 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
NightlightSociety is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to NightlightSociety
chasedobson (03-02-2014)
Old 02-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 169110
Thanked 3,382 Times in 2,521 Posts
Re: [Fawm] nightlight society's fawm tracks

Nice track, Lucas. You say you wrote it originally about how humans and nature interact..got to ask..when did you write this?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
NightlightSociety (02-02-2014)
Old 02-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

really cool track. how long did it take to make? digging thelayered melodic aspects of it. curious how it has to do with trees because i hear a lot of instruments that are typically made with wood

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stem collector View Post
. curious how it has to do with trees because i hear a lot of instruments that are typically made with wood

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Old 02-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #5
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
NightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond repute
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
Nice track, Lucas. You say you wrote it originally about how humans and nature interact..got to ask..when did you write this?
Well i wrote a short minute and a half long demo of it at the beginning of january, Then i had it just lying around for a while until now, And decided to add more elements, master it, and finished it up last night.

Quote:
really cool track. how long did it take to make? digging thelayered melodic aspects of it. curious how it has to do with trees because i hear a lot of instruments that are typically made with wood
I'de say a good amount of yesterday i spent making it, Maybe like 7 or 8 hours haha. But the original demo, maybe a couple hours. But yesterday was mostly changing things up, mastering, adding elements, and arranging it.

And i had some lyrics to it that had the theme of nature and talked about how we cut down trees and pollute the earth and stuff. Sadly cant record any vocals, So perhaps sometime in the future.

------------------
Old 02-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #6
A.M

Yeah..the way you used the word "originally" made me wonder, for obvious reasons..this being FAWM and all that.

Anyway, nice work, dude..keep it up. Looking forward to your next track tomorrow.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Old 02-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8523830
Thanked 6,658 Times in 4,748 Posts

This is pretty cool man. Its good to listen to something uplifting once in a while. My biggest suggestion would that this needs something to help me with the man vs. nature them. I hear man in the digital sounding instruments. Nature doesnt come through so much for me. The lyrics would be fantastic though if/when

2:40 fantastic change there. Totes jelly of your arrangement/music theory skills.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Old 03-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #8
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963383
Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,705 Posts

Wow, I am impressed. Great melodies. All joking aside I have always loved trees...they are one of my favorite things to paint. There is something majestic and wise about them...especially if you stand in a deserted forest, you can hear this hush in the air.

With all that said I'm glad you found inspiration somewhere...although I would not really think trees if I heard this. To me a more ambient, hush drone like sound would be what I would expect.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Muse-ic
NightlightSociety (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 01:52 AM   #9
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
Wow, I am impressed. Great melodies. All joking aside I have always loved trees...they are one of my favorite things to paint. There is something majestic and wise about them...especially if you stand in a deserted forest, you can hear this hush in the air.

With all that said I'm glad you found inspiration somewhere...although I would not really think trees if I heard this. To me a more ambient, hush drone like sound would be what I would expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
This is pretty cool man. Its good to listen to something uplifting once in a while. My biggest suggestion would that this needs something to help me with the man vs. nature them. I hear man in the digital sounding instruments. Nature doesnt come through so much for me. The lyrics would be fantastic though if/when

2:40 fantastic change there. Totes jelly of your arrangement/music theory skills.
Quote:
Yeah..the way you used the word "originally" made me wonder, for obvious reasons..this being FAWM and all that.

Anyway, nice work, dude..keep it up. Looking forward to your next track tomorrow.
Quote:

Thanks all of you for the feedback, It's greatly appreciated. Perhaps i'll do a vocal mix sometime between the 15th-18th or so. If it turns out good i'll do an update on it. Going to start work on my second fawm track today, Post it tomorrow perhaps, Since a track every two days would get me to the mandatory 14 tracks.

I'll put aside some time tonight to listen to your guys's stuff for fawm, And comment and things I've listened to a couple, Really great stuff, And im sure the rest is fantastic haha.

Thanks alot! ~ Lucas

------------------
Old 05-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #10
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Really solid beat here. The piano is a bit simple effect wise for my taste but I like what it's doing, especially it's bass progression. Delicious arps and pads

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to PROton42
NightlightSociety (09-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 02:47 AM   #11
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1530277
Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,188 Posts

dude. that arp is delicious.

love that shit.

have you considered going pop with this? adding vocals???

IMO, its called for, could take this to "the next level" or whatever.

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
NightlightSociety (11-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 03:24 AM   #12
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
dude. that arp is delicious.

love that shit.

have you considered going pop with this? adding vocals???

IMO, its called for, could take this to "the next level" or whatever.
Working on an album atm (Separate from fawm haha ) Thats going to have alot of synthpop type tracks, Which will hopefully all have vocals. The reason im not using those tracks for fawm, is cause i started that album before february, And i have alot of work in there that i realllyyy like, And i wanna get that work perfect, Instead of having to rush it out for fawm. At this point its a matter of writing alittle bit more lyrics, Improving my lyric writing skills, And practicing my vocals. So it could be awhile till thats all done, Im hoping this summer though. The music is coming out really nicely though, imo. Hopefully this one will get some vocals too, I had some written, would love to record them before the end of this month.

Thanks for the thoughts!

------------------
Old 05-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #13
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

Quick little update, Second track is almost done, Just needs abit more work/perfecting. I know alot of you guys are putting them out, Then mixing/mastering later, But i dunno. I feel weird putting something out that i haven't finished yet, Atleast in this case. So tomorrow night hopefully. Lets also hope i can actually make 14 tracks haha

Next ones called The Things We Love.

------------------
A.M (05-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #14
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1530277
Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,188 Posts

I'm considering all of my tunes for this demos. Finished work takes me a LONG time.

For me at any rate, this is a writing exercise.

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
A.M (05-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #15
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Cool vibe and progression on the keys, especially the lower octave. Cool music to drive to in the sun the morning after an epic party.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to scyn
NightlightSociety (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 03:47 AM   #16
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
I'm considering all of my tunes for this demos. Finished work takes me a LONG time.

For me at any rate, this is a writing exercise.

Yeah im doing that. Balancing school and music during fawm is way too hard, I dont have enough time. I'll polish them up at the end of the month. Second track tonight hopefully, Haha. and third is in the works too.

------------------
Old 07-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #17
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

Mkay, My second track is posted on the first post if you care to check it out Most of my fawm tunes will be work in progresses, So this second one i'll come back to alittle later in the month.

------------------
Old 07-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #18
A.M

Really liked the oriental feel I got from those plucked strings..nice track overall.

Now, I know this is for the FAWM thing here and that you said you would be coming back to this, so what I'm saying here is for you to keep in mind for when you do..OK?

Basically, as it stands, it kind of goes on a bit..more of the same, if you know what I mean. It needs a little more variation in it..the progression is good, but the overall feel is that it needs more "content"..a counter melody or something.

Anyway, the above is not meant in a negative way, as I'm sure you're more than able to develop this when you get the chance..and I understand this is just a very rough draft of the track for this challenge..but I thought I be honest with you and mention it anyway.

Still, good work all the same.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Old 07-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #19
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
Bay Area

Quote:
Really liked the oriental feel I got from those plucked strings..nice track overall.

Now, I know this is for the FAWM thing here and that you said you would be coming back to this, so what I'm saying here is for you to keep in mind for when you do..OK?

Basically, as it stands, it kind of goes on a bit..more of the same, if you know what I mean. It needs a little more variation in it..the progression is good, but the overall feel is that it needs more "content"..a counter melody or something.

Anyway, the above is not meant in a negative way, as I'm sure you're more than able to develop this when you get the chance..and I understand this is just a very rough draft of the track for this challenge..but I thought I be honest with you and mention it anyway.

Still, good work all the same.
haha thanks for the feedback. Most of my work in progresses always end up having more melodies haha Probably a counter melody, an arpeggiator, and some more percussive elements would be cool to add in the final version. But definitely maybe a couple more melodies, I find thats a good way to make a 4-7 minute track and have it not be so repetitive, just keep adding more elements to it so people dont get bored listening to it.

Thanks for the thoughts again, I'll have to check out your new tracks for fawm this afternoon, And definitely other peoples fawms aswell!

------------------
A.M (07-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 01:22 AM   #20
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8523830
Thanked 6,658 Times in 4,748 Posts

Those plucks are spot on. The bass might be a tad overwhelming? Digging the organ in the back holding shit down. Strings work well. Loving the energetic, but not over powering four to the floor vibe. Darken the shaker with a LPF? That is just something I do a lot to understate what is holding down the drums because I like things a bit wonky. Anywho. Really dig yer upbeat style man. Sometimes even when I try to do upbeat, my tunes turn out somehow not lol.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic