Front 242, Nitzer Ebb other bands?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 26-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
bailey delta
Minor Glitch
bailey delta has a spectacular aura aboutbailey delta has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Front 242, Nitzer Ebb other bands?

Front 242, Nitzer Ebb

Has anyone listened to either of these bands much on here?
Opinions?

Many of these threads on here are often about NIN who are fantastic, but which other acts are mentioned alot on here?

Advertisements

bailey delta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Depeche Mode
Thanks to bailey delta
Nystagmus (27-01-2014)
Old 26-01-2014, 02:16 AM   #2
Aphexbeats
Digital Surfer
Aphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 3060
Re: Front 242, Nitzer Ebb other bands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey delta View Post
Front 242, Nitzer Ebb

Opinions?

Many of these threads on here are often about NIN who are fantastic, but which other acts are mentioned alot on here?
<3 <3 all of those bands! I'm going to a Skinny Puppy concert next month and I cannot wait! I get to see my industrial idols for the first time!! My favorite bands for EBM/Industrial are: Skinny Puppy, Dead When I found her, Nin, KMFDM, VNV Nation, Assemblage 23, Apoptygma Berzerk (Their earlier material) Front Line assembly, Front 242 (Only own two albums and they are on vinyl), and many, many more...I have 8k songs in my library, and there has to be at least 3,000 songs that are industrial. If you are looking into a great podcast on industrial music, check out ISN Radio [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, this guy has been doing this for over 20 years. He has new music and old - a Toronto legened IMO. I could talk for hours about industrial...

------------------
Industrial, Trance, Dubstep, electronic, Ambient,
Current featured track:
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/caffeinecannibal
Support my Band!http://lemork.bandcamp.com/album/waves
Aphexbeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Aphexbeats
PROton42 (27-01-2014)
Old 26-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
ENDIF
ENDIF has much to be proud ofENDIF has much to be proud ofENDIF has much to be proud ofENDIF has much to be proud ofENDIF has much to be proud ofENDIF has much to be proud ofENDIF has much to be proud ofENDIF has much to be proud ofENDIF has much to be proud of
Saint Paul, MN
MC Status: 1210

Aphexbeats has some great suggestions for you.

I've been listening to this sort of thing since 1987, so if you have more questions he didn't cover, feel free.
Very rich territory.

------------------
ENDIF is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

Quote:
Many of these threads on here are often about NIN who are fantastic

Also, pursuant to the bands you have already listed, maybe check out Frontline Assembly, Laibach, And One, and Leaether Strip.

Last edited by penguinoid; 26-01-2014 at 08:01 PM..
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 02:17 AM   #5
g0lem
Savage Mad Cunt
g0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MCg0lem is a savage MC
c-audio's basement, apparently.
MC Status: 31060

A few more suggestions,
Newer wave EBM: Youth Code, Blush Response.
Industrial-inspired IDM: Pretty much anything coming out of the labels Signifier, and Tympanik.

------------------
g0lem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 03:20 AM   #6
D_Davis
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 11124485
Thanked 1,136 Times in 828 Posts

Check out anything off the Play it Again Sam label during the early 1990s.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Also - Bigod 20, Boxcar, Cabaret Voltaire, Severed Heads.

------------------
D_Davis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
arm23
Soundwave Mangler
arm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to beholdarm23 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

Nitzer Ebb has some great tracks.
Have to check them out again.
Forgotten about that for a while.

------------------
Here is the track
arm23 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: spotify
Old 27-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #8
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65360
Thanked 1,307 Times in 986 Posts

I am so into bands like that. They literally changed my life. The most recent stuff I have been into is collecting Front Line Assembly and Meat Beat Manifesto stuff. I do like Nitzer Ebb and the stuff their frontman did with Recoil on the BloodLine album and the BloodLine remix album that had cool stuff with Moby and others. I also really really like God Lives Underwater. I still can't get over the fact that a member died. It breaks my heart because they were really SOMETHING!

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #9
bailey delta
Minor Glitch
bailey delta has a spectacular aura aboutbailey delta has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphexbeats View Post
<3 <3 all of those bands! I'm going to a Skinny Puppy concert next month and I cannot wait! I get to see my industrial idols for the first time!! My favorite bands for EBM/Industrial are: Skinny Puppy, Dead When I found her, Nin, KMFDM, VNV Nation, Assemblage 23, Apoptygma Berzerk (Their earlier material) Front Line assembly, Front 242 (Only own two albums and they are on vinyl), and many, many more...I have 8k songs in my library, and there has to be at least 3,000 songs that are industrial. If you are looking into a great podcast on industrial music, check out ISN, this guy has been doing this for over 20 years. He has new music and old - a Toronto legened IMO. I could talk for hours about industrial...
You have given me some names from the past here. I will have a bit of listening to do. Enjoy the concert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDIF View Post
Aphexbeats has some great suggestions for you.

I've been listening to this sort of thing since 1987, so if you have more questions he didn't cover, feel free.
Very rich territory.
Similar sort of time I have been listening to that sort of thing. Good old days

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post

Also, pursuant to the bands you have already listed, maybe check out Frontline Assembly, Laibach, And One, and Leaether Strip.
Not heard of leather strip or laibach will give it a go and get back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0lem View Post
A few more suggestions,
Newer wave EBM: Youth Code, Blush Response.
Industrial-inspired IDM: Pretty much anything coming out of the labels Signifier, and Tympanik.
will give it a go

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Davis View Post
Check out anything off the Play it Again Sam label during the early 1990s.

Also - Bigod 20, Boxcar, Cabaret Voltaire, Severed Heads.
will have a look thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm23 View Post
Nitzer Ebb has some great tracks.
Have to check them out again.
Forgotten about that for a while.
Yeah I had forgotten them for a long time until I heard an old track and it reminded me how good they sounded

Thanks for all the posts and info. I will check it all out.

Last edited by lolirl; 31-01-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Old 30-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #10
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 47360

Quote:
Front 242, Nitzer Ebb

Opinions?

I lurve them. I have one song from each on my iPod. "Join In The Chant" from Nitzer Ebb and "Headhunter" from Front 242.
Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #11
bailey delta
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stich View Post
I lurve them. I have one song from each on my iPod. "Join In The Chant" from Nitzer Ebb and "Headhunter" from Front 242.
Great songs. Really love Headhunter classic 80s Industrial
Old 31-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #12
chiptraxxx
Radial Developer
chiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to beholdchiptraxxx is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Die Krupps before they got guitars, sounds like Nitzer Ebb. Before that D.A.F :-)

------------------
chiptraxxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #13
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.

Die Krupps did an EP with Front Line Assembly that's pretty good if you don't mind metal guitars. LOL. It's got good synths too

------------------

Old 05-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #14
Stich
Savage Mad Cunt
Stich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MCStich is a savage MC
Keep Colorado Springs Lame
MC Status: 47360

I only became aware of Front Line Assembly yesterday. Then I found this song.

I love this shit.

In any case, some friends of mine gave me all sorts of links last night to similar bands from 1989 and into the 90s, which for me was a pretty happy time of my life. So that is all coming back as a rediscovery of things missed.
Stich is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #15
Aphexbeats
Digital Surfer
Aphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond reputeAphexbeats has a reputation beyond repute
Wisconsin
MC Status: 3060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stich View Post
I only became aware of Front Line Assembly yesterday. Then I found this song.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I love this shit.

In any case, some friends of mine gave me all sorts of links last night to similar bands from 1989 and into the 90s, which for me was a pretty happy time of my life. So that is all coming back as a rediscovery of things missed.
Front line assembly (FLA) has a lot of early material that is crap tbh. A lot of the early stuff is just Bill leeb muttering things and drum sounds. After the mid 90s though, FLA became much better with the addition of Rhys Fulber, and developed a more electronic sound. Sadly, Rhys is not part of FLA anymore, but that doesn't really matter. FLA's new album "Echnogenetic" is amazing in every way. It merges all genres of industrial, with electronic and metal. If I'd have to pick my favorite FLA album of all time, it'd be this. But being a huge FLA fan, I'm going to go classic and say "Tactical Neural Implant" from 1992. That album has Mindphaser on it, final impact, and the blade... all amazing tracks. If you get the chance to pick up an FLA album, this one is highly recommended. Definitely try to listen to Skinny Puppy also, as they pioneered industrial music - Bill Leeb was in Skinny Puppy for a few years too. Happy listening

------------------
Industrial, Trance, Dubstep, electronic, Ambient,
Current featured track:
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/caffeinecannibal
Support my Band!http://lemork.bandcamp.com/album/waves
Aphexbeats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Aphexbeats
Stich (05-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #16
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.

I like EVERYTHING from Front Line Assembly except two albums done a few years ago. Even the stuff with mostly just drum machines and an arp and talking and random samples. It's all good to me. But I must say that their production techniques SOARED over the years! I have never heard a band that could match some of their deep cinematic layers and hyper-on drama. When it's good it's astounding. And so amazing for a genre that doesn't exactly have a HOW TO manual for all it's esotericness!

They are like one of the most important bands to music in my life.

Last edited by Nystagmus; 05-02-2014 at 09:26 PM..

------------------

Thanks to Nystagmus
jVs (10-04-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #17
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317589

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
Nystagmus (10-04-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #18
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744015591
Thanked 6,963 Times in 4,342 Posts

Thought I'd post a few photos from the 2006 European tour I did with Stromkern supporting FLA.

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #19
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.

^^^WORD!

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: Thanks for posting up that tune. That's from one of my favorite albums! Those tunes blow me away.

------------------

Thanks to Nystagmus
jVs (26-04-2014)
Old 26-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #20
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
^^^WORD!

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: Thanks for posting up that tune. That's from one of my favorite albums! Those tunes blow me away.
I sincerely respect and love their constant musical evolution.

Advertisements

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote