FL Studio third party plugins?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 31-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
hotwatermusic
Soundscaper
hotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond reputehotwatermusic has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2210
FL Studio third party plugins?

I'm testing Fl Studio but i'm not understanding how to add or temove third party plugins.

It was installed with the default Extra VST Folder, it is not my actual plugin folder but i have some unused plugins there then i went to File Settings and removed that folder by clicking on "clear." but the plugins from that folder still appear on the plugin list after a rescan, also appear some other plugins that i have no idea where they are coming from(!!)

So, i want to clear all third party plugins and then add my actual plugin folder????

Advertisements

hotwatermusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Adharma
Analog Lurker
Adharma is just really niceAdharma is just really niceAdharma is just really niceAdharma is just really nice
Lawrence, KS
MC Status: 360
Re: FL Studio third party plugins?

FL Studio uses two locations to read from for VST plugins. On Windows its under Program Files\VSTPlugins and Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio\Plugins. The second directory I mentioned is typically where you will find the stock FX plugins and some of the stock Synths (i.e. Kick, Slayer, etc), so I'd recommend leaving that one alone.

See if that helps.

Also, some third party plugins actually install through the operating system, so (again on windows) check Programs and Features/Add Remove Programs (depending on which version of windows you are using) and try removing them from there as well.

Additionally you can change which directory FL Studio scans for plugins: Options -> File Settings. This can help you track down any stragglers.

Good luck, lemme know if that helps.

Last edited by Adharma; 31-12-2013 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: clarification

------------------
Adharma is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #3
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65360
Thanked 1,307 Times in 986 Posts

I can't remember exactly how to do it, but I think there's a certain VST submenu for adding VST(i)'s after you have enter the paths and restart. After that, FL Studio can remember your favorites in a certain screen or you can just load up the ones you want as needed.

This wierdness is part of the reason why I don't use FL Studio for much other than the step editor...
But yeah, you can load VSTi's in the step editor just right click on the part and add one.

Sorry I'm not much help, i can't figure out much of FL Studio.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 04:41 AM   #4
Suiyoubi
Savage Mad Cunt
Suiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MCSuiyoubi is a savage MC
MC Status: 24584798
Thanked 1,560 Times in 950 Posts

Channels/add one/More.. Click on refresh/Fast scan
Then just X or unX ur Plugins

same on the mixer, just click the down arrow where you chose what plugin to use.

As for the windows installation, just install them in to the main vsti folder.
Suiyoubi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
neotokyo
Learning The Ropes
neotokyo is currently spamming hard
Tokyo
MC Status: 10

What edition of FL Studio do you have?
neotokyo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
Vidale
Granular Poster
Vidale has a spectacular aura aboutVidale has a spectacular aura aboutVidale has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Try Nexus and Sylenth1,
Vidale is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #7
Buzz BassDesign
Minor Glitch
Buzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Reaktor 6, even tho Patcher is amazing but Reaktor 6 allows you to go deeper, like logical and mathematical deep.

Advertisements

Buzz BassDesign is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote