How I created my Daft Punk - Doin' It Right remake
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Syllix
Deep Underground
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1095947
How I created my Daft Punk - Doin' It Right remake

Hey guys,

So this is a bit different from my regular tutorials but thought I'd post it here anyways as there's always someone who can benefit from it. Basically I've been asked multiple times what I used to create the synth, how I processed my vocals, etc. etc., so I decided to make a tutorial where I talk about how I made my Daft Punk cover / remake.

It's a bit lengthy and clocks in at just over 35 minutes so grab yourself a snack and a beverage and I hope you'll learn a thing or two! This is a very laid back tutorial btw

Advertisements

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Phantasy Star Online!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
imma3k
Soundscaper
imma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud of
narnia, chillin with mr tumnus n shit.
MC Status: 1310
Re: How I created my Daft Punk - Doin' It Right remake

thanks for sharing! im actually watching primarily to see how logic pro x is though. looks really interesting, makes me wish i had a mac or something to get the demo and try it out myself. i really like that bpm counter, i feel like ableton would benefit from adding that in, or at least their own variation.

------------------
Latest Track:
imma3k is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Thanks for posting - it's always nice to see narrated workflow videos like this to get a glimpse of how other people work.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
Syllix
Deep Underground
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1095947

Thanks guys. And @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, it's been suggested that I make more videos that like this, but I was always hesitant because they tend to take longer and I'm not sure anyone would sit through them. Videos / tutorials like this also tend to be more chill, as in I seem to end up explaining it as if I were talking to the person in real life. I usually try to go for a more professional approach (if you've seen my other tutorials then you know what I'm talking about). But then I put myself in the listeners shoes, and I for one, love tutorials like this. I like how there's no bullshit, and there's more of a playful feeling to it. Mr. Bill's tutorials sort of have this feel and I've learned a shit ton from them!

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Phantasy Star Online!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
imma3k
Soundscaper
imma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud ofimma3k has much to be proud of
narnia, chillin with mr tumnus n shit.
MC Status: 1310

i would mix it up if your unsure, although i for one love tutorials like this one. the way, as you mentioned, it feels that you are talking to me in person is exactly the reason why i prefer tutorials like this, and i feel like i learn more from them.

------------------
Latest Track:
imma3k is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #6
Deefex
Minor Glitch
Deefex has a spectacular aura aboutDeefex has a spectacular aura about
NYC
MC Status: 160

VERY COOL!!! i love that song, so it's good to see people re-doing daft punk in not a $200,000 srusio. Lol
Thank you man, very cool

------------------
Deefex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #7
Deefex
Minor Glitch
Deefex has a spectacular aura aboutDeefex has a spectacular aura about
NYC
MC Status: 160

Thanks for sharing. Very cool. Loved your production work. Really appreciated it.
thank you.

Advertisements

------------------
Deefex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote