dark-abstract as autechre, direct as techno...?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Techno Techno Techno Techno Techno

Old 02-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
guraindocoa
Learning The Ropes
guraindocoa is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
dark-abstract as autechre, direct as techno...?

Hi everyone, I'm new in the forum, this is my first post and, honestly, I'm not shure this is the correct place to post it... eventually tell me the appropriate section, please (I havepost this in the IDM page too...)!
Anyway, with this post I open a research probably utopian to solve, but who knows ...
three weeks ago, on my way home on foot, I passed near a car : from that car, for a few seconds, I heard a song of rare visionary beauty. I could not ask the driver who was the producer, so I will try to describe it, hoping that someone of you will give me the straight right!
First of all i have to say that I'm seriously infected by Autechre, with a specific obsession for all the releases come out after ep7.
But there was no autechre in that car: drums were very regular, one might almost say a techno song and rather tight , the bass drum was characterized by abundant reverb which gave the whole lot of depth . But were the sounds and melodies , in their complexity , to make this piece absolutely unique, and come into play here the Autechre's relation : I had the impression of listening to a live reworking of the 2010 tour , with the characteristic abstract combinations of short and unpredictables sounds, but in this case the melodic element remained in the forefront, although very sophisticated and " alien", with a growning crescendo. I exclude it were Autechre, but someone who has learned the lesson well , transforming it into something new.
I know how difficult it is to go back to that piece with a description so vague , but I want to try to involve you in the hope it is something recent and perhaps fairly well known ( in recent times I have not followed the electronic scene ... )
Thank you so much!

Lorenzo

Advertisements

guraindocoa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389798
Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,762 Posts
Re: dark-abstract as autechre, direct as techno...?

From the top of my head - Richard Devine, Phoenecia and Kritical Audio.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
candlesayshi (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 04:27 PM   #3
ModernRitual
Minor Glitch
ModernRitual will become famous soon enoughModernRitual will become famous soon enough
Lyon
MC Status: 110

Shapednoise & Demdike stare are incredible.
you have to listen it it's f***ing crazy !
ModernRitual is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #4
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280999
Thanked 1,169 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
Kritical Audio.
I wish that these guys had done a full-length album... They're so good.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #5
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25260

Clark? Lfo? Just tossing names out there!

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:09 AM   #6
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744025591
Thanked 7,163 Times in 4,459 Posts

Try the Raster-Noton thread.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote