Anyone for Collaborating on a synthpop/electropop project?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Classifieds Buy, Sell and offer your services to other members here

Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #1
tratledge
Learning The Ropes
tratledge is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Anyone for Collaborating on a synthpop/electropop project?

Hey IDMers,

I'm a semi-professional musician looking to collaborate with someone for the followup to my debut EP that went viral on Reddit (200,000 listens overnight). I'm looking to change my sound some and move towards a more synth/electronica sound, but still staying square in catchy, dance indie pop. Think bands like Passion Pit, Capital Cities, Naked and Famous, Foster the People, etc. I'm really hoping to find someone who's interested in that uber-catchy upbeat pop to work with, especially one who's a talented producer. I'm a decent songwriter and performer but I'm admittedly amateur with production.

Link to my last EP: (since I'm new to the forums, if this doesn't work, just search for Polite Fiction on Bandcamp or iTunes).

I wrote and record all parts for my debut EP and have a professional home setup to produce my music in. Looking to collaborate with someone to take it to the next level and then potentially start doing some shows. I did have some interest from a few mid-major labels after my EP launched, but I want to get more material and take the sound towards a direction I want to go in. Note that you DON'T need to be local to California (I live in San Jose) for this, we'll get to that if it gets to that point. Again, you can be located anywhere as long as you can trade files and write with me in that fashion (dropbox or Gobbler).

Looking to do a 50/50 split on proceeds for the new album, where we'll both share songwriting duties. I'll do all the vocals unless you can also sing well and have a professional, quiet setup you can use for recording vocals. If you're local you can always come over and use mine.

If you reach out to me, please have several things you can point me to that you've composed! I am only interested in working with people who have a track record of doing catchy, up-beat pop which has a strong electronic/synth undertone to it, as this is where I want to take my music and what I enjoy doing the most. If you're a performer only, that's cool, but I wouldn't want to work with you - I need help songwriting and producing more!

Really hope to hear from some of you; either way I'm enjoying learning here on the forums quite a lot.

Thanks

- Travis

Advertisements

tratledge is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #2
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5742393
Re: Anyone for Collaborating on a synthpop/electropop project?

I've tried a few collaborative projects and nothing was ever finished. If you have some clips of stuff you'd like to work around, I'm willing to attempt playing them to my keyboard play. Adding to that, I wouldn't want midi clips for stuff but know the notes you used as a basis would be awesome to know before playing.

PM me with a zip file and maybe something cool will happen or even just a "I based it all off of A or whatever" thing. I don't promise anything but I do find stems or bits fun to try and work with....

Speaking of...I need to PM someone. And if you want to PM a link or whatever, I'll see what happens. I never know what interest I'll end up with.

EDIT - I'm not a professional aritst either. Just a meh dude that's been doing it for a long time and failing, lol.
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163691
Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,047 Posts

I do make electro pop, sort of.. That's what I usually call it anyway.. You can see in the following link that I collab quite wide with singers and songwriters..

Don't know if it's up your alley, but here we go anyway.. The Momentary Modifications album.. Some of it is upbeat, some of it is downbeat.. etc..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 19210

ah dude yeah man. I've had some unreleased synth pop in the workings for a while now. Some com truise stuff right? I looked you up. You remind me of the theme of an anime but in english lol. Are you looking to sing to the synth pop also?

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Sincock
Master of the LFO
Sincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MCSincock is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 23251782

Take it to the next level!

------------------
Sincock is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #6
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421869379
Thanked 4,828 Times in 2,790 Posts

Sent you a PM.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421869379
Thanked 4,828 Times in 2,790 Posts

Guy asks to collab.

Never comes back.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vlantis
PROton42 (07-06-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153460
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,152 Posts

I'm the worst to work with, so I'll spare this guy the trouble

Advertisements

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote