The skateboard thread
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC
MC Status: 52987853
Thanked 1,114 Times in 647 Posts
The skateboard thread

Because I think we're confusing all the non skaters in the "What made you happy?" thread. So here's a thread for all things skateboard

I just bought a slalom set up... because dodging cones makes you a better person

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

Advertisements

Kaede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 10610
Re: The skateboard thread

nice! im getting a landyachtz switchblade with bones super swiss 6 bearings and i havent really decided on wheels yet for it for a multipurpose setup that can handle a little of everything, i just cant decide on wheels that will be good enough to do a little downhill and some freestyle/slides, it seems you cant get a really well balanced wheel that can handle them both relatively well any ideas?

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC

Cult classics... they get drifty as hell over 30mph but they have a really nice slide and are cheap to boot.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 81650
Thanked 1,607 Times in 1,084 Posts

The springiness really throws you for a loop at first. So much flex in the board, which is great for carving obviously, but feels really weird at first when pushing. My roommate had a rigid longboard though, and that felt more normal, but I think the best bet would be to just adapt to the newer style flexy and low ones.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaede View Post
Cult classics... they get drifty as hell over 30mph but they have a really nice slide and are cheap to boot.
hmm, what about those compared to orangatang moronga's?

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mystik_ View Post
hmm, what about those compared to orangatang moronga's?

I'm not a fan of Otang, I've never managed to find one of their wheels that felt nice going sideways. It's the same thane as the Baluts, and I know a lot of people who said they were icy and chattery. Otangs are way over priced though.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNOISEx View Post
Hey what's it like going from tails to using a longboard? It's always interested me
Wide trucks, softer wheels and longer wheel bases make them more stable and forgiving at speed, but don't get a flexy board... they feel like a trampoline as soon as you get any speed up. There are loads of short wheel base top mounts with a ollie-able kick tail to make the transition easy as anything.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #8
VIVIsect
VIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud of
Novi Sad
MC Status: 1215

Look at this beauty! Im torn, and want it in topmount variant! Cursed be shipping rates, i have to wait for summer to order a board

Code:
I also ride this whenever i miss slaloming around people and jumping off stairs
Code:
VIVIsect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #9
FunkMasterBrown
Bastard!!!IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222279284
Thanked 2,562 Times in 1,710 Posts

you know id buy one of those tomorrow and cruise around everywhere on it, not even learning tricks, if the roads and shit were even remotely designed to accomodate them

when i used to skate when i was younger i always thought it would be a thousand times better in america

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #10
VIVIsect
VIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud of
Novi Sad
MC Status: 1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterBrown View Post
you know id buy one of those tomorrow and cruise around everywhere on it, not even learning tricks, if the roads and shit were even remotely designed to accomodate them

when i used to skate when i was younger i always thought it would be a thousand times better in america
I know that feeling. Much of my city nearby hill, with beautifull slopes, which has been marked as a protected zone, thus car free, is laid in FUCKING cobblestone and granite "kaldrma". City i live in is dead flat. Local hill has some roads, but you have to slalom among bathtub sized holes.

Shipping is more than board alone, and sometimes they slap you with import tax. Still, i love each second i manage to get on a board.
VIVIsect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa

I'm lucky, we have a lot of different terrain near me... incuding one of the best slide hills in the uk about an hours drive away.

Here's a picture of todays skateboarding antics... I have decided that hard wheel sliding is the new black

Code:
Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
Sam Kirby
Sam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MCSam Kirby is a savage MC
BRUM!!!
MC Status: 5286115

Shoulda named it the longboard thread
Sam Kirby is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
Khaotikai
Digital Surfer
Khaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MC
'MERICA
MC Status: 2607114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kirby View Post
That's what I was thinking.

Chris Cole gives zero fucks though.

Code:

------------------
Mindfuck me.
1 + (228) 382-8209
Khaotikai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #14
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89278473
Thanked 1,511 Times in 1,161 Posts

shortboard > longboard

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kirby View Post
Longboards are skateboards... at least they were the last time I looked.
Thanks to Kaede
_Mystik_ (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sencesor View Post
skateboard = skateboard
fixed it for you.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #17
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

havent gotten on my skateboard in a while, decided to get out yesterday and i suprsingly landed clean heelflips pretty consistently. i had so much trouble with them for months on end, i could never land them, and when i did, it was after i failed 34092384 times. however, i just picked it up after not skating for a few months, and landed them cleanly

------------------
SyMTiK

Thanks to _Mystik_
VIVIsect (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #18
Khaotikai
Digital Surfer
Khaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MCKhaotikai is a savage MC
'MERICA
MC Status: 2607114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaede View Post
Longboards are skateboards... at least they were the last time I looked.
That, or surfboards on wheels.

Btw since ya'll longboard, have ya'll seen/tried these?
http://www.seismicskate.com/trucks/

My dad wanted to get some a while ago but never got around to it. I was always into Destructos myself.

------------------
Mindfuck me.
1 + (228) 382-8209
Khaotikai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #19
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740055
Thanked 2,369 Times in 1,616 Posts

Isn't it easier to do a triple or double kickflip, rather than a single kickflip?

It's like when I use to rollerblade it would be easier to do a 540 down a larger set of stairs than a 180 because you could control the pace of the trick more, even though it was 'harder'.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #20
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Minion View Post
Isn't it easier to do a triple or double kickflip, rather than a single kickflip?
So this is where I'm going wrong.

Advertisements

The skateboard thread Tags
skateboarding, skating