New Autechre release
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Old 31-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029991
Thanked 7,251 Times in 4,507 Posts
New Autechre release

So I'm surprised no-one here's really mentioned it yet but over at WATMM they seem to be pretty sure that they have seen evidence (something about The Designer's Republic's recent fb status) to suggest new Ae material on the way, probably for release early next year.

Any thoughts?
Will it be all be done outside the box?
Will it continue their recent run of more chilled material or return to beat driven tracks?
Will it all be done on Elektron's new machine?
Do you even care at this point or Autechre old news?

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193
Re: New Autechre release

Quick, delete this before RFJ sees it!

Not a big listener of their music but I'll check this out when it hits.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

i cant wait that long

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Haven't mentioned it yet cause I didn't know! Thanks for the heads up

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080164
Thanked 1,230 Times in 830 Posts

as long as its as great as the last one, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, i dont really care WHAT it is

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
mrcold
Sample Destroyer
mrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to behold
missouri
MC Status: 660

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab View Post
as long as its as great as the last one, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before, i dont really care WHAT it is
well said
mrcold is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963298
Thanked 1,149 Times in 884 Posts

Idm is daeded

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
worms
worms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant futureworms has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1644

fuck, I already own SO MANY AUTECHRE CDs

------------------
worms is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
Idm is Daed
Fixed!

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

This is great fucking news.

Personally I would like a return to more beat driven stuff because that's what I like. I love everything AE but I prefer their old school shit. With that said Oversteps was fantastic and it doesn't get much better than this beatless wonder right here:

So I don't care what direction it goes I just want to hear it ASAP.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Man I can't wait! I hope it's not a fake!
It's funny 'cause I just listend to the album "Amber" the yesterday and I was wondering if they were going to do something new.

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269462608
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Will it all be done on Elektron's new machine?
Speaking of which, are there any more details?

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatTheFood View Post
Man I can't wait! I hope it's not a fake!
It's funny 'cause I just listend to the album "Amber" the yesterday and I was wondering if they were going to do something new.
Over there on WATMM they have this apparently taken from the Warp site so looks like it's for real...I hope.

Upcoming releases:

• Autechre - Bull Wallet (CD/LP) (WAP1111)

- Warp Records

------------------
Old 02-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #14
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029991
Thanked 7,251 Times in 4,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Over there on WATMM they have this apparently taken from the Warp site so looks like it's for real...I hope.

Upcoming releases:

• Autechre - Bull Wallet (CD/LP) (WAP1111)

- Warp Records
I'm pretty sure they made that up tbh.
A catalogue number of "WAPxxx" would indicate a single or EP release, if it's an LP it would have the "WARPxxx" designation normally, or at least that used to be the case anyway.

Also, have Warp put out 1111 records?
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Also, have Warp put out 1111 records?
Yea, was wondering about that too.
So , I went to the Warp Records Website and saw that one of the last EPs was WAP333 and the last LP was WARP231.

I think I don't need to give further explanations...

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

i hope its not called bull wallet

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to stem collector
lolirl (02-11-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Well, looks like I got trolled then.

For the record I thought that title was questionable also but my blind faith in AE made me keep my mouth shut about it.

------------------
Old 02-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

Maybe this will help you feel a little better, RFJ.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #19
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Ha ha, careful what you believe over at WATMM!!!!!!

The news is good however, there is a new AE album on the way. TDR site posted that they were about to start on the new Autechre album design and the rest is just made up. The Bull Wallet title came from one of the 'design the new Ae album' thread (some genius stuff btw, its worth a look) over at WATMM where someone used Ghostface Killa's album Bulletproof Wallets and pasted Rob & Seans heads on.

Personally, i can't wait. Hopefully a new tour too - could do with a couple of new T-Shirts

Beat driven hopefully.

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Grain Bastard
RFJ (04-11-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Yeah a tour would be fucking sweet.

I saw them once, in Texas of all places, great show but I'd like to see them again now that I'm all grown up.

Advertisements

------------------