Any love for Matthew Herbert?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 10-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Hypergiant
Digital Surfer
Hypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MCHypergiant is a savage MC
Galway
MC Status: 68286
Any love for Matthew Herbert?

So this Saturday I get to see Mathew Herbert and Donato Dozzy on the same bill. When I head Mathew was due to play in Dublin I was super excited. I've been wanting to see him play for the longest time and have been waiting for this weekend for months. Unfortunately hes not playing with the big band but his DJ sets are legendary and got knows what he'll pull out of the bag.

Advertisements

Hypergiant is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Space Cowboy
Minor Glitch
Space Cowboy is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10
Re: Any love for Matthew Herbert?

He has got a charming talent.
Space Cowboy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
dozens
Minor Glitch
dozens will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I really love his stuff but it seems that every album ends up only holding 1-2 tracks that i feel like keeping. lotta filler.
dozens is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #4
three-knots
Analog Lurker
three-knots will become famous soon enoughthree-knots will become famous soon enough
Stonehaven
MC Status: 110

You can't fault the guys output but I agree with dozens that there's only a few i'd call truely awesome.

On saying that there's a version of 'the audience' done by his big band with dani siciliano on youtube that totally mesmerises me and cafe de flore is brilliant too.
three-knots is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 AM   #5
twilitez
twilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060

Hell yes. His stuff working together with Dani Siciliano is especially nice:
twilitez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #6
2oo3
Radial Developer
2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of2oo3 has much to be proud of
Mechelen
MC Status: 1410

I went to see, to hear and to taste one Pig in AB in Brussels
It was excellent:

Most original gig I went to

------------------
I don't have to be right, I just have to provoke your thoughts
2oo3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #7
FTD
Ghostly
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3462055

Liked him best before he got totally bored of deep house, Bodily Functions is a great LP though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdPcflGJDoM

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #8
Emmanuel G.
Analog Lurker
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

I think it's been more than 15 years that he's pretty much my main inspiration and #1 favorite artist. I used to mix his tracks back when I was DJing house music in the late 90s early 00s, then I lost track of him cause I was listening to different music, and when I went to see him live on his goodbye swingtime tour, I didn't know his album, he began with "turning pages" and I bursted into tears, this is how his music touches me. I absolutely love all he has done, and I have a special place in my heart for his recomposition of Mahler 10th (Mahler happens to be, by far, my favorite classical composer).

I didn't get it at first, then I got to listen to it on a large dose of shrooms, and it may have been the deepest musical experience I ever had, it blew my mind open to unimaginable ideas and possibilites.

my most precious dream would be to be on accidental records and have dinner with the actual guy.

To me, he's the best artist who ever walked the face of the earth. Sue me!

He's my rolemodel, inspiration, teacher, he's the father of all the music I make.
I never really been a fan of anything or anyone, but I'm Herbert #1 fan for sure <3
Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Emmanuel G.
FunkMasterBrown (10-17-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
FunkMasterBrown
Bastard!!!IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222279284
Thanked 2,562 Times in 1,710 Posts

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #10
Emmanuel G.
Analog Lurker
Emmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuel G. has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

my 2 most favorite artists in the universe

this is one of the very most moving pieces of music I've heard in my entire life
it is fairly hard to listen to, it took me a couple years to truly appreciate, and I don't listen to it very often, but when I do, it's always sensational!

Advertisements

Emmanuel G. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote