[Tutorial] How to "Auto-Tune the News"
This is done on Logic Pro 9.
1. Find some audio material to auto-tune. Better to find vocal passages with a more melodic, smooth tone for clearer auto-tune tracking.
2. Open up Antares Auto-tune (or any other pitch correcting plugin that is MIDI controllable) as a MIDI effect (very important).
3. There should be a side-chain option available. For your side-chain, select the track which you'd like to control via auto-tune.
4. Turn down the vocal track's fader all the way down to prevent doubling.
5. On Antares Auto-Tune, make sure the "Target Notes via MIDI" option is selected.
6. Mess with the retune speed. Settings near 0 get you that T-Pain sound we all know very well.
7. Plug in your midi controller, select the MIDI controlled auto-tune track, and your done.
Play around with the notes to see which scale fits best with the source material. Have Fun!
Heres a sample of what this might sound like: