**SUBMISSIONS CLOSED** IDMfBT001: Electronic Hip Hop/LA Beat Scene
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto
MC Status: 4175236
**SUBMISSIONS CLOSED** IDMfBT001: Electronic Hip Hop/LA Beat Scene

THE SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED!

Hey folks,

It's time to take the this project to the next step and kickstart this thing with the hip hop beat tape!

This project is inspired by the LA beat scene that has emerged over the recent years, but I urge us to expand on what has been laid out already and come up with something truly original. A tradition of a hip hop beat tape is to feature short songs but lots of them. In terms of style/vibe, FunkMasterBrown and I envision a compilation with beats that are wonky, funky, sometimes spacey, sometimes grounded but most importantly, warm and crackling. We may have to rely heavily on synths but feel free to throw in a few virtual instruments such as keys, strings and horns.
I know we can do this

Now before I jump into the rules let me start off with one of the most important ones: NO COPYRIGHTED SAMPLES!

Hip Hop Beat Tape Guidelines:

-all members can submit a maximum of two full tracks and one interlude.

-all tracks must be between 2-3 minutes long, with 30 second leeway. I strongly urge all of you not to venture too far out of the time limit.

-we are also looking to have a few interludes in the beat tape. the interludes must be between 30-45 seconds. they are not necessary but if you wish to do one, we will select a few to be featured on the release.

-if you wish to do a remix, you are allowed to but as long as it is of an IDMf member's. This falls under the no copyrighted rule.

General Submission Rules:

-all tracks must be shared privately to the sublabel's dropbox here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
tracks that are not to be shared publicly and participants will be disqualified if so.

-all tracks must be submitted in WAV format minimum 44100/24bit sample rate.

-minimum -3db Headroom with nothing on the master bus.

-label your track filename with your artist name, forum username and track title. please also put in brackets if it is an interlude.

-inlcude a contact e-mail in the track information, along with a clear indication that it is for the hip hop beat tape.

-oh yeah, and NO COPYRIGHTED SAMPLES!!!

The deadline for all submissions will be August 31, 2012 (WITH NO EXTENTIONS)

Please make sure that you have followed all of the guidelines for submitting these tracks, it would be a shame to lose some due to carelessness.

On another note, feel free to discuss possible names and ideas for artwork.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing what we come up with

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM either [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
or myself, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

__________________________________________________ ___

Here are some examples of the sort of electronic hip hop we are looking for, which has emerged from the LA beat scene.

Quote:

FlyamSam: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Flying Lotus: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Samiyam: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Dibia$e: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Lakuna Manti: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

More to come when I am at a more comfortable computer. This will give you all a good idea though.

Last edited by Kong; 09-04-2012 at 11:00 PM..

Advertisements

Kong is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Kong
Effulgence (08-02-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
fin.....
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963048
Thanked 1,144 Times in 880 Posts
Re: **SUBMISSIONS OPEN** IDMfBT001: Electronic Hip Hop/LA Beat Scene

just to get started

Last edited by Br/ainfu+ked; 07-30-2012 at 03:30 AM..

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 02:36 AM   #3
Dhinojosa94
Sample Destroyer
Dhinojosa94 is just really niceDhinojosa94 is just really niceDhinojosa94 is just really niceDhinojosa94 is just really niceDhinojosa94 is just really nice
San Pedro Garza Garcia
MC Status: 410

Can you post an example like a video of a song with this kind of beats? i youtubed electronic hip hop but got very vague resuluts, like post a prime exponent
Dhinojosa94 is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto

yeah i posted up a few examples in the quote box at the bottom of my first post. should give you a good idea for now, will add more soon.

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295270
Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,571 Posts

Definitely gonna give this a go. Been a while since I've pumped out some hiphop beats I was satisfied with. Here's hoping. Should be fun.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 AM   #6
Kong
Toronto

glad youre in man!

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
Kong
Toronto

since brainfucked got started with some sexy art, i suppose i should throw out a few name ideas i have had for this release.
i did come up with Orbital LA but .mute said it may be lame to give a straight up shout out like that. came up with Westcoast In Orbit, a bit more subtle
IF we do go with one of those, i was thinking of having a silhouette of the city skyline on a floating rock in space (upon a nebula so you can actually see it). space ftw

just pulling ideas out of my ass and throwin em at ya guys

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
MC Status: 2406071

i know this will sound stupid, but i made a ambient~sounding track, but i used some hip-hop beat

will that work?

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

Qianta is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #9
WillyZi
Digital Surfer
WillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MCWillyZi is a savage MC
Chicago,
MC Status: 4460677

I'm in! Can't wait, I'm going to get the PC fired up when the morning hits =)

------------------
Listen @ Soundcloud
Follow @ Twitter
[Why X NoT] **Emotional Experimental**
WillyZi is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #10
Kong
Toronto

@Qianta: perhaps but have a listen to the examples i posted up and see if it would fit with those. if not right away, maybe work on it a bit more? also, the track must not have been shared publicly (just mentioning that).

@WillyZi: glad to see the enthusiasm thanks for joining up!

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 06:16 AM   #11
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644018
Thanked 4,895 Times in 3,160 Posts

I just want to say, publically; big thanks to Kong for getting this shit off the ground and giving the community another avenue to get their music heard.

Not submitting anything for this one 'cause hip hop ain't my thing but, best of luck to all artist participants.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
Kong
Toronto

thanks a lot rfj, really appreciate it
I was actually wondering if you were gonna take part in this, but it's all good.

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8504580
Thanked 6,273 Times in 4,501 Posts

Stoked to see how this goes down! Good luck everyone. I won't be participating in this one, more than like, but it's good to see this project is off the ground!

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
Kong
Toronto

aww you're not in either.. fair enough. thanks for the support man!

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #15
IG88
IG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 15067935

I will for sure be submitting to this, thanks for putting this on you guys.

------------------
IG88 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to IG88
Trusty Steed (07-31-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #16
Denial
was once a goat
Denial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MC
whoa that's a lotta numbers
MC Status: 76730950

will get in on this shit

im such a noob though, still struggling with headroom D:

------------------
Denial is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Denial
FunkMasterBrown (08-04-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #18
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Gonna give this try.

*Doesn't have a clue about hip-hop"

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #19
Diggit_6
Diggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MCDiggit_6 is a savage MC
Washington State
MC Status: 28661

Cool. I might have something to submit by the end of this.

------------------
Ætheros, electronic music. | Soundcloud | Facebook |
Awake but Still Dreaming (IDMf025) | Aphelion (IDMf029) | Iapetus (IDMF035) | Clockwork Dawn EP
Diggit_6 is offline   Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #20
FunkMasterBrown
Bastard!!!IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222279284
Thanked 2,562 Times in 1,710 Posts

the end of August guys, seriously i know you've got the skills... you better fucking bring em because it would be a big shame if this release wasnt as good as it could be

anyone made any progress?

Advertisements

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks
Thanks to FunkMasterBrown
Kong (08-08-2012)
Closed Thread