IDMf034: VA - 80hz Sacred Surplus [Bass Music Comp]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Anodyne Industries
Anodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MCAnodyne Industries is a savage MC
Oakland, CA
MC Status: 53565178
IDMf034: VA - 80hz Sacred Surplus [Bass Music Comp]

FREE DOWNLOAD

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Download this entire album here:

After months of cold weather there's a rumbling in the air warming us all up!!
IDMf Netlabel is proud to present this compilation featuring the very best music from the IDMf bass community. There’s something for everyone in here from deep ambient Bass warblings to floor killing DnB, Dubstep, breaks and of course IDM!
Showcasing talent familiar to the label and new artists alongside this is one hell of a heavy release, so set your subs to max and warn the neighbours – The IDMf Bass crew is here!

Tracklist:

1. Circus of Mind – Jiggawatt
2. Michael Knead – Conversations II
3. CyStemSell – Breathless
5. Lucky One – SuperKontraBass
6. Qianta – efemeight
7. IG88 – Seahorse Paternity Test (Toronto is Broken Remix)
8. Stereoglyph – Cruisin
9. Neuroscientist – Test Mat
10. Concierge_Weetr – We are made from soil

DOWNLOAD FREE: http://idmfnetlabel.bandcamp.com/album/va-80hz-sacred-surplus-idmf034

Credits
Project organizing by Aaron King & Ben Walthew
Art by Wes Schwarz (CalypsoB)
Mastering by Ben “Benwaa” Walthew
IDMfNetlabel Managed by Aaron King & Ben Walthew

A Creative Commons Release.

Last edited by Benwaa; 14-04-2012 at 10:49 AM..

Advertisements

Anodyne Industries is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193
Re: IDMf034: VA - 80hz Sacred Surplus [Bass Music Comp]

Love the 2nd track most probably. Conversations II ftw.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Benwaa

This is an awesome release, i have couple of favourites for sure, thanks to all those involved helping make this great album and especially to all the artists!
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
michaelknead
michaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MCmichaelknead is a savage MC
MC Status: 37952

I've just been listening to all of the other tracks and I really enjoyed it! There is some damn good music on this Album and it really feels great to be on board! Thanks guys
michaelknead is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
CircusofMind
IDMf Artist
CircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MC
SF Bay Area
MC Status: 2938001

Nice! Thanks to all those involved!

------------------
*****Website*****Facebook*****Soundcloud*****Bandcamp*****
CircusofMind is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Benwaa

Check out this awesome review of IDMf034!
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
CircusofMind
IDMf Artist
CircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MCCircusofMind is a savage MC
SF Bay Area
MC Status: 2938001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post

------------------
*****Website*****Facebook*****Soundcloud*****Bandcamp*****
CircusofMind is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Just got home to find this playlist of new songs waiting to be listened to. Just a few short comments as I'm listening...

01 JIGGAWATT: Some serious funk and cut-up beats. Dig that 'A ha' vocal and all the other vocals in there that sound like children shouting things at each other.
02 CONVERSATIONS: It was like a delicious sorbet before the next course. Could definitely have been longer if removed from the album context, but as it is, placed so early in the album, it does a great job.
03 BREATHLESS: That sliding guitar-type sound in the background was quite interesting, and that beat just pummels away at your senses. Very strange, and other-wordly track.
04 ONLY YOU: There's a synth in here that reminds me of Ghost Busters. Also some cool vocal chops in this, and that occasional synth sound that warps in is pretty wicked.
05 SUPERKONTRABASS: Feels like a grown up chip-tune to me. Dig the cheering intro.
06 EFEMEIGHT: Smooth as the drink in my hand. Real nice tune to chill to as the evening comes on and the sun sets.
07 SEAHORE PATERNITY TEST: A nice follow-on from the previous track. Some feel-good DnB is always welcome, and I like the general vibe on this track with those trance-like vocals. Ok I just had a little dance before I sat down again...ok I'm going to dance some more...
08 CRUISIN: Starts of like a stomach rumble. Hungry? Got that dirty grimey groove to it with those funky keys layered over the top. Like a cool back-alley jazz-club.
09 TEST MAT: No waiting...it just starts and drop-kicks your face a little. Somewhat darker than the previous two or three tracks and the volume on this needs to be turned up for that bass to infect your abdomen. It's like an alien doing experiments on you.
10 WE ARE MADE FROM SOIL: Starts off and I feel like I'm lost at a carnival trying to find help. It finishes and I've wandered into the hall of mirrors and I'm freaking out. A strange vibe to end the album on.

Thanks to all involved for a great listen. May it be heard far and wide.

Last edited by scyn; 14-04-2012 at 05:09 PM..
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to scyn
steeboo (21-04-2012)
Old 14-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269462008
Thanked 2,768 Times in 1,840 Posts

I'm disappointed, I was expecting a 4 pole lo-pass filter set to 80hz on the master, what are all those mid and hi frequencies?

Great listen!

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963198
Thanked 1,147 Times in 883 Posts

Breathless, We were made from soil, and Seahorse Paternity test are the best tracks imo.

As for Crusin, Superkontrabass, and Jiggawatt those are not my cup of tea

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
lucky one
IDMf Artist
lucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MC
Liège
MC Status: 1900328

Great work, this is an awesome album, and it feels good to be part of this

The styles are very different but all are very good tracks in my opinion. This is good, there are hit tracks for everyone. My preferred are Jiggawatt, Conversation II and Only You, top tunes

Man... that guy did not miss me, a real crush, lol

Well done everyone!

Cheers,

Luc

------------------
lucky one - Atmospheric Electronica & ChillOut - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify
lucky one is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lucky one
steeboo (21-04-2012)
Old 14-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
Benwaa

heh well these guys on facebook think the opposite [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

it's your track they picked out
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #13
lucky one
IDMf Artist
lucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MClucky one is a savage MC
Liège
MC Status: 1900328

Ah! Thanks [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, I feel better now

------------------
lucky one - Atmospheric Electronica & ChillOut - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify
lucky one is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #14
mookster
peripheral being
mookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MC
The Moon
MC Status: 232876053
Thanked 1,199 Times in 793 Posts

More brilliance...Seahorse Paternity Test probably my favourite from the one listen through I've given the album

------------------
mookster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2413671

This seriously made my day, thank you so much IDMf Netlabel!

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

Qianta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #16
calypsoB
calypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improvecalypsoB can only hope to improve
MC Status: -12411435

Fuckin badass mode! Glad to finally hear these jams man shit is soundin dope, artwork and label looks good!
calypsoB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 03:28 AM   #17
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Can't wait to have a listen. Going to have to wait a day though. I want to listen to it properly, in my own space, and, not through my PC speakers or in my car...that would be a sin. Looking forward to tomorrow night, congratulations again to all the artists and, thanks to Ben and Aaron for putting this together.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #18
HarleyThorne
Analog Lurker
HarleyThorne will become famous soon enoughHarleyThorne will become famous soon enough
Bristol, UK.
MC Status: 110

Dig all the tracks but personal favourite has to be 'Only You' , those vocal slicesssss <3

------------------

HarleyThorne is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to HarleyThorne
steeboo (21-04-2012)
Old 16-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #19
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128026

yeah "only you" is my fav too
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lebeux
steeboo (21-04-2012)
Old 16-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #20
Bio Tainted
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9491858

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
09 TEST MAT No waiting...it just starts and drop-kicks your face a little. Somewhat darker than the previous two or three tracks and the volume on this needs to be turned up for that bass to infect your abdomen. It's like an alien doing experiments on you.
This made me laugh hard, thank you buddy! didn't want to do a classic atmosphere intro because the track would of been to long :-)

For me my fav is 'only you', really great production. Love the depth and girth of the mix, reverb doesn't effect the sounds, it is the sounds, sign of intelligent production. Thumbs up.

also rep for Ben on the mastering

Advertisements

------------------
Master by Benwaa -
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Bio Tainted
steeboo (21-04-2012)