AEP & ISAT Present: Jazzyspoon - Competition in the Mutation of Sound - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Non-IDMf Projects Tell us about your Non-IDMf music-based projects here. You can promote you or your label's releases, remix contests, music blogs, podcasts, radio shows and live events here. Try to add more than just spam. This is a place to involve IDMf in your projects, not just promote them.

Closed Thread
Old 17-06-2014, 02:03 AM   #121
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199648418
Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,204 Posts
Re: AEP & ISAT Present: Jazzyspoon - Competition in the Mutation of Sound

...Received!

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 21-06-2014, 02:49 AM   #122
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

my track is found between the contents of an older recording, something somebody left between the mediocrity. dust settles in the niches of the old vinyl in your basement, the lost kind of stuff you can never hear unless its shook and thrown over the shoulder twice. the stuff between the dust. lost relic, stowed away, 86'd, zilch, gone, erased, avoided but its there if you want it to be. jiggle the head a little and you can hear it. it might hurt at first but what pain has never slowly become some sick pleasure?one can only imagine a moment of quaking thunder, briefly listening, it comes as quickly as it goes. tossing anyone who chooses into throbbing waves of ticky tacky. but you remember its origin, behind all the old boxes and junk in the basement. forgotten. perhaps in another household, one that thought such round objects....desirable, would have it lofted, within an attic to rot peacefully. here however, its simply discarded. but the rising thunder, it drew you into the small details, the pictures we squint to see. apply pressure and the picture, extends, widens, it is bigger. a dusty picture of something you can barely make out, faded, lines, shapes, diagonals meet. the length extends far, somehow a sonic architect devised a slinky plan and attempted its fruition. failure? success? it did not matter. not then or now, not ever. but his tools, they were borrowed, found in a ditch outside under a rock covered in moss that wasn't the purest color of saffron and green. tools he used, shoved between the dusty portions of the round tome. look at it spin awkwardly under his touch. but the itching and pinching, slipping deeper into a stupor of remodeling a strangers dream. maybe each work is a small, minuscule portion of his nebulous soul. attempting to connect to a frequency far from his reach. proving nothing with something. the bigger picture looms.

*tokes*
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks
Old 22-06-2014, 04:41 AM   #123
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

I've finished composition and will definitely submitting this by the deadline. All that remains is some reverb/re-micing, a mixdown and I'll send it your way. It was quite enjoyable.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks
Old 22-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #124
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

^Rwally can't wait to hear it, I'm sure it will be a beast of a track.

Still getting / filling requests for links and had a few tracks in as of this morning. This is shaping up to be one hell of a competition.

Thanks again everyone.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (22-06-2014)
Old 23-06-2014, 06:03 AM   #125
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35997796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton64 View Post
I've finished composition and will definitely submitting this by the deadline. All that remains is some reverb/re-micing, a mixdown and I'll send it your way. It was quite enjoyable.
I am so excited to hear this!

------------------
Jazzyspoon is online now   Thanks
Old 23-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #126
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun

Why the hell won't soundcloud allow me to privately share with specific users anymore? What is this crap man.

Do I just message you the private link thingy?

EDIT: Maybe this delay is a sign that I should re-record that part where I accidentally used the worn out tube. It has been a little rough on the ears. Fuuuuu. Gonna have recall the mic position, gain staging and amp settings and send it back through the other signal chains.

Last edited by Triton64; 23-06-2014 at 06:42 PM..

------------------
Quote:
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Old 23-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #127
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35997796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton64 View Post
Why the hell won't soundcloud allow me to privately share with specific users anymore? What is this crap man.

Do I just message you the private link thingy?

EDIT: Maybe this delay is a sign that I should re-record that part where I accidentally used the worn out tube. It has been a little rough on the ears. Fuuuuu. Gonna have recall the mic position, gain staging and amp settings and send it back through the other signal chains.
Yeah,
think of it more as a private 'link' share. I like it, because it is now possible to share tracks with, for example, the Listening Booth here on IDmf and not worry about anyone else in the general public listening to it.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is online now   Thanks
Old 23-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #128
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Yes they changed their policy recently. I mentioned it in the thread but failedto update the op. Just send me a pm or e mail or sc message with a secret link, enable downloads, and we'll be good to go.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
Triton64 (23-06-2014)
Old 23-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #129
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the desert.
MC Status: 421877829
Thanked 4,997 Times in 2,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyspoon View Post
Yeah,
think of it more as a private 'link' share. I like it, because it is now possible to share tracks with, for example, the Listening Booth here on IDmf and not worry about anyone else in the general public listening to it.
I had no idea. That's awesome. So many times I want to upload something to share with somebody, but don't want it public (usually something stupid).

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks
Old 23-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #130
Triton64
Having fun

Submission sent .

------------------
Quote:
Old 23-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #131
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

^And received.

Well technically not yet. Transfer speed here at the office is sloooooooooow today. Going to cancel the d/l and grab it from home this evening.

Thanks man!

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 24-06-2014, 12:27 AM   #132
Triton64
Having fun

wait wait wait... I know mastering bus effects are out of the question.

But I can I put my mix through to my tape (maintaining headroom at -5 when I pass it through), before I send it to you?

------------------
Quote:
Old 24-06-2014, 01:02 AM   #133
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Sounds rad to me, but admittedly, I'm no pro.

I say go for it and if it presents some problem during mastering, which I don't know why it would, I still have the alternate on hand.

Assuming it gets on, that is.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 24-06-2014, 02:50 AM   #134
Triton64
Having fun

Quote:
Sounds rad to me, but admittedly, I'm no pro.

I say go for it and if it presents some problem during mastering, which I don't know why it would, I still have the alternate on hand.

Assuming it gets on, that is.
It's about the journey not the end.

I haven't been able to relax and obsess about something non-medical in what seems like years. Thanks for the vacation.

------------------
Quote:
Thanks to Triton64
RFJ (24-06-2014)
Old 24-06-2014, 03:16 AM   #135
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Nah man, all the thanks belongs to you. I'll admit I was bummed when we talked and you told me about your schedule but was beyond stoked when your e-mail request came through. Totally taken by surprise actually.

All I know of your track is the run time, going to wait and listen to it with all the others after we close this up, but based on what I saw looking at the soundcloud I must say...

It's a beast indeed.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 24-06-2014, 03:38 AM   #136
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69610
Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,032 Posts

so about the tape thing.. you would be ok with like background noise like vinyl cracks?

I know its a bit of a post song effect but I ran it over a dead track and recorded it in for air in the track so it isnt on the master

is that alright or no..?

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks
Old 24-06-2014, 05:49 AM   #137
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Yes that's no problem what so ever. The purpose of the rule is to avoid over compressed shit, not stifle creativity.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 24-06-2014, 06:12 AM   #138
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1541827
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,323 Posts

my over compressing is a part of my creative process.

so yeah, thanks for that.

jerk.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks
Old 24-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #139
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1541827
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,323 Posts

ha, i kid. when asked not to put anything on the master bus i typically route everything to a subgroup, eq and compress the shit out of that and route the output to a clean master bus.

VIOLA! I FOLLOWED THE RULES WHATCHA GONNA DO NOW?????

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks
Thanks to chasedobson
RFJ (24-06-2014)
Old 24-06-2014, 06:35 AM   #140
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69610
Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,032 Posts

I think im just about finishing up here,

just gotta render it, then play it back and watch the levels again,

double checking is better than no checking I say although im fairly confident levels are right, unless the SPAN spectrograph affects the material that goes through it

Advertisements

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Skrillex
RFJ (24-06-2014)
Closed Thread