AEP & ISAT Present: Jazzyspoon - Competition in the Mutation of Sound - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Non-IDMf Projects Tell us about your Non-IDMf music-based projects here. You can promote you or your label's releases, remix contests, music blogs, podcasts, radio shows and live events here. Try to add more than just spam. This is a place to involve IDMf in your projects, not just promote them.

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2014, 04:22 AM   #81
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1539077
Thanked 2,017 Times in 1,289 Posts
Re: AEP & ISAT Present: Jazzyspoon - Competition in the Mutation of Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Downloaded yours too Mr. Dobson.

Thanks everyone so far for labeling your track file name with some sort of identifying artist name, makes it all so much easier. Failed to mention that in the OP.

no problem. there should be a tutorial for that kind of thing really!

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks
Old 06-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #82
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
aaaaaaand sent.

cant wait to hear what everyone cooks up. I've got some other projects with deadlines pressing so I figured I would just bust this one out. (:
i love to bust them out too

SKYCORE is offline   Thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #83
Jazzyspoon
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 35996546

I am loving the previews you guys are sharing with me and the turnout for this is beyond what I was expecting. I am, once again, humbled by the support from this forum.

------------------
Jazzyspoon is offline   Thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #84
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644318
Thanked 4,901 Times in 3,161 Posts

^Quality of the samples has already been mentioned but, I just started work on mine last night and, shit man, such wonderful stuff to work with. Wife's out of town until tomorrow so hopefully I can get another solid 32 bars or so knocked out tonight after the kids hit the hay.

I finally managed to close the lappy and drag myself to bed last night round about 3am. My son woke me up at 6 on the dot so I'm running on fumes but...

So worth it.

------------------
------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #85
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Phomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant future
Sevilla
MC Status: 1860

hello everybody, the track I'm working on (with some lack of concentration because my small daughter has been expelled from the high school...once again...) it's going to be more a remix than a mutation as there is a clearly recognizable tune. Also I have been feeling like playing lego with the stems and hesitating if I wasn't putting too much of myself in there...but I think I've got something now.
I wish there was a way to share our work, because I feel this more like a group of people playing the same game instead of a competition itself, but maybe this is just me and most of you prefer to keep your master pieces in secrets until the submission.
I wish good health to all you and your families, peace, best sex, drugs or whatever that makes you happy.
Phomorian72 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Phomorian72
Muse-ic (07-06-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #86
Jazzyspoon
Jazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MCJazzyspoon is a savage MC
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
^Quality of the samples has already been mentioned
Thanks, again, too. To be truthful, every time I make a remix file for one of my tracks, I get anxiety that the simplicity of my work will be exposed and that those remixing will feel a little less impressed with the work in general. It's an accepted part of the process, but I still hope people hold respect for my work after dissecting it. The remixes are sounding great so far though, so at least there is some useful sounds that are inspiring in there..

------------------
Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #87
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8548980
Thanked 7,161 Times in 5,079 Posts

Really glad to see people so stoked about this

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to relic
Muse-ic (07-06-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #88
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 187110
Thanked 3,742 Times in 2,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyspoon View Post
Thanks, again, too. To be truthful, every time I make a remix file for one of my tracks, I get anxiety that the simplicity of my work will be exposed and that those remixing will feel a little less impressed with the work in general. It's an accepted part of the process, but I still hope people hold respect for my work after dissecting it. The remixes are sounding great so far though, so at least there is some useful sounds that are inspiring in there..
Jazzy, it's the total sum of the parts, my friend, not the parts themselves that matter in the end. And your parts are good..very good.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #89
Jazzyspoon
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Jazzy, it's the total sum of the parts, my friend, not the parts themselves that matter in the end. And your parts are good..very good.
I will insert the 'that's what she said' joke here to ease my anxiety.
Thanks, A.M. Was just listening to the preview you shared.....loud.

------------------
Thanks to Jazzyspoon
A.M (07-06-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #90
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963583
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts

Quote:
Honestly I sit in awe watching my cursor move through the brightly colored stems, it looks like a rainbow, but is actually a rainbow of incredible sound. There is so much to be inspired by, and I am excited and honored to be part of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phomorian72 View Post
hello everybody, the track I'm working on (with some lack of concentration because my small daughter has been expelled from the high school...once again...) it's going to be more a remix than a mutation as there is a clearly recognizable tune. Also I have been feeling like playing lego with the stems and hesitating if I wasn't putting too much of myself in there...but I think I've got something now.
I wish there was a way to share our work, because I feel this more like a group of people playing the same game instead of a competition itself, but maybe this is just me and most of you prefer to keep your master pieces in secrets until the submission.
I wish good health to all you and your families, peace, best sex, drugs or whatever that makes you happy.
I am a fan of your remixes, and your tracks. You make some awesome stuff so I look forward to hearing your remix!!!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #91
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060

No one ever invites me to nuffin!. Can I play.?.. I make wub wub woosh woosh unce unce.. .

Or it this only for the cool people.

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #92
Jazzyspoon
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Jaketed View Post
No one ever invites me to nuffin!. Can I play.?.. I make wub wub woosh woosh unce unce.. .

Follow the links down the rabbit hole, please! Would love some of your wub wubs and wooshes in this comp....

------------------
Thanks to Jazzyspoon
Str8Jaketed (07-06-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #93
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Jaketed View Post

I wasn't invited I just showed up, regardless if I am wanted or not, it's Jazzyspoon!!!
Thanks to Muse-ic
Str8Jaketed (07-06-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #94
Jazzyspoon
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phomorian72 View Post
You can share privately with me (and any others in this circle). I'm always excited to hear what is being created, even if it is just a work in progress. Would even give feedback if you wanted, though I normally just keep my mouth shut and my ears open.

------------------
Thanks to Jazzyspoon
Phomorian72 (07-06-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #95
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644318
Thanked 4,901 Times in 3,161 Posts

Cool people?

Last time I checked we're all spending our Saturday posting on an internet forum so if that was a requirement none of us would be here. That said...

PM me your address and I'll send you an invite like they used to do, back before all this social media mumbo jumbo, if that's what it takes.

Or you can just tell me you're in and I'll add you to the list

------------------
------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (07-06-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #96
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

im struggling with making something digestible and cohesive (i have two remixes done that are pretty tame, simple remodels...but something in me wants mooore), or my usual mind fuckery music smashing

Y U NO EASY MUSIC

edit; i was gonna work on music but somebody just txt me about a blunt

o_o
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks
Old 08-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #97
Jazzyspoon
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
a blunt
o_o
That usually greases the wheels for me.

------------------
Thanks to Jazzyspoon
SKYCORE (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #98
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 187110
Thanked 3,742 Times in 2,785 Posts

Quote:
That usually greases the wheels for me.
I knew there had to be another reason I like you..aside from the obvious good music.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
SKYCORE (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #99
Jazzyspoon
Denver, CO

Over the last 15 years, I have lived half in CO and half in WA, if that gives any clues.

------------------
Old 08-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #100
Muse-ic
Wanderer

This is probably the best time I've had making something. Samples are so awesome to work with. Even cut down to a bar and re-sampled there is so much to work with.

Advertisements

Closed Thread