Multi track recording from hardware - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 19-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #21
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 58510
Thanked 1,170 Times in 861 Posts
Re: Multi track recording from hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
ah yes, the "make it harder" app.

eff that bollocks. i understand wanting to get away from the computer but it does like... make a lot of things easier!
Is the interface that awful?

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #22
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1540077
Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,303 Posts

its not horrid, it just seems like an unnecessary extra step.

Command+Tab to switch app in focus, make change in Cuemix Command+Tab back to DAW.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #23
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 30860

So are you running the cue mix busses into the live inputs?
jbvdb493 is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 07:57 PM   #24
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1540077
Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,303 Posts

if you're asking me, No, I use CueMix, which henceforth shall be dubbed CuteMix for monitoring and input trim/gain purposes.

I send a bus in Cutemix to monitor my hardware in realitime so I dont have to listen to latent signals when working with my physical devices. That bus is actually the same set of physical outs that my master in Ableton is set to, I control the input trim to set levels for recording and then use the CuteMix faders to adjust the listening volume, like one would if he or she had a console and a recording rig separate. CuteMix offers the same type of functionality as having pre-fader direct outs.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
liquid_air (19-06-2016)
Old 19-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #25
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 58510
Thanked 1,170 Times in 861 Posts

Does a bus sent to the DAW not get patched to the main DAW out by default? The way I set it up in Logic that seems to be the case, as it shows in the main out mixer. So, I would think that you either need to mute the main out in cue mix or in Logic (I prefer the latter, unless you guys think there will be latency issues).

But what dobs said occurred to me as well. CueMix will double as a gain stage with line EQ and compressor pre any additional FX deemed desirable.

It's "dope" indeed, as you can dispense completely with any kind of hardware mixing console. But then we're back to the knobs and buttons kind of discussion.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote