Line in recording on iOS
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 63160
Thanked 1,263 Times in 930 Posts
Line in recording on iOS

Does anyone have a solution (app and/or adapter) that would allow me to use a line in source to record mono audio in using my iPhone?

For some reason, virtually all apps I tried use the built in microphone to record with no apparent way to switch to a line in input via the 1/8in headphone jack.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 73824
Thanked 1,225 Times in 756 Posts
Re: Line in recording on iOS

If I understand what you mean, yes there is a trrs to a ts adaptor. Something like this? Not sure about the mono part, but I was also looking into one to use with Rode Rec.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to GomesR
liquid_air (11-06-2016)